Rumor Soundsational Returning to Disneyland!

Phroobar

It’ll just be his head on the wall, like a hunter’s trophy.
Except you have to look up and behind you as you enter the store.

200px-Countrybearjam_heads.jpg

TsWade2

Well, as much as I'm happy that Soundsational Parade is hopefully coming back next year, but after reading some of you guys posts about other Disney movies didn't make the cut in parades anymore, I know what you guys mean. I mean, Tokyo Disneyland did a better job respecting the lesser know classics from Disney like The Aristocats, Robin Hood, Pete's Dragon, and etc. I think our United States is becoming very greedy right now. I still love Disney and I don't care what animated movies they're going to use, as long as they respect classics, but I do have concerns about their current franchises. I feel sad that films like Robin Hood, Oliver and Company, and Brother Bear didn't get much love from Disney even though they're trying to include them once in awhile. But, I don't want to over obsessed about it, so I'm going to try not worry about it and let Disney decide what they should do for Disneyland's possible new parade in 2020. Hopefully something similar to either this: or maybe this:

RescueTheDay

Well, as much as I'm happy that Soundsational Parade is hopefully coming back next year, but after reading some of you guys posts about other Disney movies didn't make the cut in parades anymore, I know what you guys mean. I mean, Tokyo Disneyland did a better job respecting the lesser know classics from Disney like The Aristocats, Robin Hood, Pete's Dragon, and etc. I think our United States is becoming very greedy right now. I still love Disney and I don't care what animated movies they're going to use, as long as they respect classics, but I do have concerns about their current franchises. I feel sad that films like Robin Hood, Oliver and Company, and Brother Bear didn't get much love from Disney even though they're trying to include them once in awhile. But, I don't want to over obsessed about it, so I'm going to try not worry about it and let Disney decide what they should do for Disneyland's possible new parade in 2020. Hopefully something similar to either this: or maybe this:

Anaheim and Tokyo play to very different audiences. In Tokyo they go crazy for cute and fluffy characters while in Anaheim that’s not the case. Heck most guest in Anaheim even telling the princesses apart.

brb1006

I love how they brought back The King of Hearts in the parade.

BrianLo

I don't buy into the myth that Tokyo actually has more benevolent focus on the breadth of Disney's canon. They just tend to focus on a slightly different subset of movies than the US parks, making it 'seem' like they have a wider variety of interests. There is more preference among that population for some non-Reinnesance films.

Aristrocats they plaster over everything and they are quite in love with Alice to the point it nearly had its own land. Meanwhile Lion King does not exist anywhere really. In fact the parades, while being completely overhauled every 5 years, still tend to have roughly the same franchise break downs.

They all still just focus on what sells. The Aristocats do not get play domestically because they do not sell.

If anyone rolls out weird characters for the sake of it, I think it is Paris.

Phroobar

I don't buy into the myth that Tokyo actually has more benevolent focus on the breadth of Disney's canon. They just tend to focus on a slightly different subset of movies than the US parks, making it 'seem' like they have a wider variety of interests. There is more preference among that population for some non-Reinnesance films.

Aristrocats they plaster over everything and they are quite in love with Alice to the point it nearly had its own land. Meanwhile Lion King does not exist anywhere really. In fact the parades, while being completely overhauled every 5 years, still tend to have roughly the same franchise break downs.

They all still just focus on what sells. The Aristocats do not get play domestically because they do not sell.

I wonder if the Japanese have actually seen Aristocats and if they understand any of it. I think they just like the cute white cat.

TsWade2

Anaheim and Tokyo play to very different audiences. In Tokyo they go crazy for cute and fluffy characters while in Anaheim that’s not the case. Heck most guest in Anaheim even telling the princesses apart.
Those were vey fair points, but still, our Disneyland at Anaheim has been neglecting some classic characters like Pinocchio, Baloo, Brer Fox, Robin Hood. and etc. Back in the 80s and 90s, they usually bring out classic and modern characters like Timon and Hercules every so often, but now, they only brought them out for rare occasions and I don't think that's right in my opinion. So it proves that Japan os more respectful to the classic characters while the US doesn't care and being a greedy country.

RescueTheDay

Those were vey fair points, but still, our Disneyland at Anaheim has been neglecting some classic characters like Pinocchio, Baloo, Brer Fox, Robin Hood. and etc. Back in the 80s and 90s, they usually bring out classic and modern characters like Timon and Hercules every so often, but now, they only brought them out for rare occasions and I don't think that's right in my opinion. So it proves that Japan os more respectful to the classic characters while the US doesn't care and being a greedy country.

I wouldn’t call it being greedy as most of the characters were out for greetings as of not too long ago. Less popular characters will go away when there isn’t much of a demand for them in Anaheim when you have a budget.

brb1006

Tokyo even brought back The King of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland for the former parade Happiness is Here. The other notable apperance of The King was at the former road show "Disney On Parade" in the early 1970's.

BrianLo

Again, Tokyo is not trotting out characters that are not popular amongst their audience. Show me evidence that they actually display MORE variety as opposed to a slightly different cross-selection.

Alice characters and Aristocats are not some major coup of ‘respect’ for them. They use them all for nearly every parade. If we are talking about actual respect - Tiana certainly isn’t showing up anywhere, in fact she’s been sanitized from the princess lineup in Japan. Mulan and Pocohantas as well. Meanwhile Rapunzel will get her very own attraction... and I’ll just leave that hanging there without causing more of a stir behind the suspect reasons.

The thing that gets me more than anything, Disney keeps coming up with all of these half baked promotions. How hard is it to roll out 20 random foam heads every once in a while to make a buck? It’s fairly inoffensive and really the entire breadth of their catalogue could making a 7ish year Disney Vault cycle rotating appearance. The APs would eat that up.

wdrive

There's not unlimited budgets. Sure you could cut the Alice and Pooh unit and have Hercules and Robin Hood characters meeting instead. What do you think the average guest would rather meet though?

Magic Feather

Funnily enough, due to the past few posts, other site is reporting that the Mickey Pull Toy float from Happiness is Here could be coming to Soundsational, along with a new Birthday Cake Float. Lines up with something I have heard, so I am very inclined to believe it.

TTA94

Funnily enough, due to the past few posts, other site is reporting that the Mickey Pull Toy float from Happiness is Here could be coming to Soundsational, along with a new Birthday Cake Float. Lines up with something I have heard, so I am very inclined to believe it.

To bad it’s not the whole parade lol. Maybe the rest of HIH is being sent to WDW lol.

Last edited:

180º

That sounds great. I’m actually a big fan of Soundsational, with my only criticism being that there were just a couple too few unique floats.

VJ

Happiness is Here and Soundsational were designed by the same team (Kevin Kidney & Jody Daily) so this should work out pretty well aesthetics-wise. Hoping for the best.

Ismael Flores

It has a lot to do with Steve Davidson, there are certain movies he adores and he focus on them quite a bit. Notice how many of the stuff he is involved in usually has the same movies being used over and over again.

GiveMeTheMusic

It has a lot to do with Steve Davidson, there are certain movies he adores and he focus on them quite a bit. Notice how many of the stuff he is involved in usually has the same movies being used over and over again.

Steve also creates the parades for Tokyo that spotlight IPs like Aristocats. It's not solely up to him which IPs are used in his projects. Execs often provide a list of required IPs or veto anything that deviates from the usual suspects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom