Rumor Soundsational Returning to Disneyland!

brb1006

Pete's Dragon has been a staple of Electrical Parades for decades despite many not knowing the film, or the remake being a big hit.

Some things, like dragons, just translate well to giant floats. Canine features (101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, etc) not so much. I'd like Disney to focus on creating dynamic looking sets first instead of picking the same 5 movies and shoving them into every entertainment context.
I'm surprised the Pete's Dragon float lasted that long. It's currently 41 years old. I think the only way you can translate some Disney animals characters into a park character would have to take the Pluto approach. Believe me, I seen the way some of the Lady and the Tramp characters looked when I seen the Disneyland 10th Anniversary special from 1965. Boy has Disney come a long way with their character costume designs since then.

brb1006

I saw Happiness is Here last January and it was amazing for the lesser known characters present as others noted. The Ugly Ducking, bugs from "Woodland Cafe" (a Silly Symphony involving an insect night club), the King of Hearts and many others made the parade really stand out.
And The Aristocats, I love how Happiness Is Here gave love and spotlight to lesser known Disney films and cartoons that rarely get represented at the other parks with a healthy small dose of Pixar. Instead of the typical daytime parades where it's mostly popular Disney films of recent years.

Phroobar

A float or unit with the Cauldron Born for the Halloween parade would be pretty epic though:

latest
Best of all no one except the true Disney fan would know what it was. 90% of APs would never figure out where they come from.

beachlover4444

Don't even. If they went for "newer" stuff, the parade would be all Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen.

You're making me appreciate Soundsational just thinking about it.
I would rather they take Star wars, Guardians, Tron, Avatar and Marvel and make a whole park just for them ala Hollywood studios kind of deal. Not a fan of what are not traditional Disney animation movies but Disney acquisitions being put into the parks.

brb1006

I would rather they take Star wars, Guardians, Tron, Avatar and Marvel and make a whole park just for them ala Hollywood studios kind of deal. Not a fan of what are not traditional Disney animation movies but Disney acquisitions being put into the parks.
The Marvel idea won't work due to the Universal Orlando contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom