Sorry to say, the "Escape Room" idea is officially dead...

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
I posted a few months ago about the idea of "Escape Room" type experiences coming to WDW at the resorts. Well, I have found out today that they are officially dead. It's a shame because some of the ideas and concepts were pretty interesting. But with the idea of sticking groups of 10+ people in a room that hundreds of people have been in and put their hands all over everything being taboo now, it's dead.

For the record, the two that I knew of were going to S.E.A based (at Saratoga Springs) and a generic tropical based (at Polynesian).

Ravenclaw78

I posted a few months ago about the idea of "Escape Room" type experiences coming to WDW at the resorts. Well, I have found out today that they are officially dead. It's a shame because some of the ideas and concepts were pretty interesting. But with the idea of sticking groups of 10+ people in a room that hundreds of people have been in and put their hands all over everything being taboo now, it's dead.

For the record, the two that I knew of were going to S.E.A based (at Saratoga Springs) and a generic tropical based (at Polynesian).
Unsurprising, but a shame nonetheless. Hopefully, they'll revisit this in a couple of years when things have settled down.

Lilofan

And probably Escape Room franchises all over the USA and some in Orlando will close up for good and many will lose their jobs.

Notes from Neverland

Not a major surprise given the current climate. But, I do envision this as more of an "on hold indefinitely" rather than completely killed off as it should be relatively easy to revisit the idea and its already developed concepts in the future when things settle down.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Since they seem to be done with for at least the next few years, here are the specifics I know.

The story at the Saratoga Springs resort was going to be that the Adventurers Club from Pleasure Island washed away in a storm and drifted across the lake to Saratoga Springs. It would have had original, and replica props from the Adventurers Club. The idea was not to escape, but to find Bleehall’s lost treasure before the waters of the lake sunk it to the bottom. This was the most far along in development. Props and puzzles for this one were in early testing.

The next was at the Polynesian, it was going to deal with Trader Sam and a tiki god (NOT Maui) created at a pact for Trader Sam to live forever. The purpose of this room was to help Trader Sam keep the pact, but it didn't matter if you won or lost, Trader Sam would always live forever. The concept for this one was designed, but there were few puzzles/props actually developed.

The third was a generic sports themed room for All Star Sports. Little was done with this.

The idea was to have one at a DVC resort (of course), one at a Deluxe resort, and one at a Value resort. Moderates would have been brought into it later if things worked out.

WDW Guru

Since they seem to be done with for at least the next few years, here are the specifics I know.

The story at the Saratoga Springs resort was going to be that the Adventurers Club from Pleasure Island washed away in a storm and drifted across the lake to Saratoga Springs. It would have had original, and replica props from the Adventurers Club. The idea was not to escape, but to find Bleehall’s lost treasure before the waters of the lake sunk it to the bottom. This was the most far along in development. Props and puzzles for this one were in early testing.

The next was at the Polynesian, it was going to deal with Trader Sam and a tiki god (NOT Maui) created at a pact for Trader Sam to live forever. The purpose of this room was to help Trader Sam keep the pact, but it didn't matter if you won or lost, Trader Sam would always live forever. The concept for this one was designed, but there were few puzzles/props actually developed.

The third was a generic sports themed room for All Star Sports. Little was done with this.

The idea was to have one at a DVC resort (of course), one at a Deluxe resort, and one at a Value resort. Moderates would have been brought into it later if things worked out.

If they were to have gone through with the Adventurers Club concept people would've eaten that up.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
How's the parade float business going? Sorry to hear you missed out on the contract. Is your main account here doing okay?

Okay, I am not here to get in a ing match. I am also not here to give false information/rumors. Everything I have posted before has been something I have personally seen or been involved with. As I have mentioned a few times before, I do not work for Disney, I do not work for a direct Disney contractor. The company I represent is not even based in Florida. I do get called in for things from time to time and do get to see some things that are coming in the future. Yes, I live within viewing distance of the MK fireworks. When they are going off I see them every night.

I get to see and play with some things that may or may not come to be. I have been to the Contemporary doing lightsaber training, I have been to the parade float warehouses climbing all over them seeing how they work. I have the CAD drawings for parade floats on my computer. There are some blue sky projects that I am privy of, but I won't talk about them. There are some other projects I know about that I can't say because there is such a limited group of people that know about them that I could easily be identified or the people I talk to could be identified. The only things I post on here are things that are coming soon and/or widely known among inside peeps. I will not post anything that would/could get anyone in trouble.

If you look at my post history, you should see that it is accurate. I posted about the Star Wars drones days before anyone else. I posted about the water rides being drained before anyone else. Hell, if you need proof that I get information for a large source of people, send me a private message with your concerns and I will reply.

WDW Pro

Okay, I am not here to get in a ****ing match. I am also not here to give false information/rumors. Everything I have posted before has been something I have personally seen or been involved with. As I have mentioned a few times before, I do not work for Disney, I do not work for a direct Disney contractor. The company I represent is not even based in Florida. I do get called in for things from time to time and do get to see some things that are coming in the future. Yes, I live within viewing distance of the MK fireworks. When they are going off I see them every night.

I get to see and play with some things that may or may not come to be. I have been to the Contemporary doing lightsaber training, I have been to the parade float warehouses climbing all over them seeing how they work. I have the CAD drawings for parade floats on my computer. There are some blue sky projects that I am privy of, but I won't talk about them. There are some other projects I know about that I can't say because there is such a limited group of people that know about them that I could easily be identified or the people I talk to could be identified. The only things I post on here are things that are coming soon and/or widely known among inside peeps. I will not post anything that would/could get anyone in trouble.

If you look at my post history, you should see that it is accurate. I posted about the Star Wars drones days before anyone else. I posted about the water rides being drained before anyone else. Hell, if you need proof that I get information for a large source of people, send me a private message with your concerns and I will reply.

Not trying to get you going... I just looked at your history and saw you missed out on creating new parade floats. Hope all is well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom