Sorcery in the Sky

mrerk

Premium Member
SitS is actually the original fireworks show from the opening of Studios until Fantasmic premiered. It has only been run on New Year's Eve, the Fourth of July and private partys since.

tom32819

Sis

Such a loss not to have this show anymore.... it did create some problems with areas of the park closing due to fall out, etc, but was a FANTASTIC show, with incredible music to go along with it. :wave:

ToTBellHop

it doesn't play for those events, anymore. They have a new fireworks show that they debuted a few years back for NYE, 4th of July, etc.

mrerk

Premium Member
ISTCNavigator57 said:
it doesn't play for those events, anymore. They have a new fireworks show that they debuted a few years back for NYE, 4th of July, etc.

Do they call the new show SitS? I could have sworn I saw it on the schedule for this past NYE. The schedule for this years 4th just says "Fourth of July Fireworks"

boo52

Sorcery in The Sky made it's debut at the Disney-MGM Studios in the summer of 1990. It ran primarily during summers and peak seasons. It's original designer was believed to be Eric Tucker. (though i have no confirmation of that). Through the years slight changes would be made to some portions of the show to showcase Disney's latest films. In 1991, the Chariots of Fire sequence was replaced with a Rocketeer segment when a stunt man with a jet pack dressed as the Rocketeer would fly around the Chinese Theater. This ran for one summer and then reverted back to Chariots. In 1994 Chariots was replaced with the song "Out There" from Hunchback. The show remain unchanged for the most part until 2001 when a complete redesign of the fireworks aspect was done. Chariots of Fire returned in the Eric Larsen redisign. Sorcery's last and final performance was to the Pampered Chef convention group in June 25th, 2005.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
boo52 said:
It's original designer was believed to be Eric Tucker. (though i have no confirmation of that).

I have no confirmation on the pyro designer either, but I know Don Dorsey (of RoE, Spectro, MSEP fame) was heavily involved.

boo52

wdwmagic said:
I have no confirmation on the pyro designer either, but I know Don Dorsey (of RoE, Spectro, MSEP fame) was heavily involved.
Yes that is true. Which is why I believe Eric Tucker was the Fireworks Designer for SITS. Don also used him on ROE and now Steven Davison uses him on everything. Next time he is in town and I see him i will find out. It always slips my mind to ask him when I do see him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom