Sorcerer Radio - SA7

NateD1226

Original Poster

SorcererRadio.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to Sorcerer Radio! I will be your host for the next few months and give you all the latest tunes in the Fantasmic Journeys universe. Each week I will put out a Spotify playlist with 10-20 songs that correlates to the stanza that week. I will highlight a few songs and just try and help you get in the mood of the stanza. Stay tuned for the first on air segment later tonight!

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
On The Air Live GIF - OnTheAir Live LightUp - Discover & Share GIFs

This week we are in the retroverse where 50’s music is thriving. The 50’s was a great year for music as many genres and artists started to rise and became insanely popular. For instance, rock & roll and jazz were two small genres that started to gain huge popularity in the mid 50’s. Other genres such as pop, rnb, and country were still extremely popular. Enough of me rambling. Let’s get to some music! Here are my favorite songs from the 50’s.

Twilight Time - The Platters

You may have heard this song before in the Wandavision trailer back on the main Earth. I was ecstatic to hear one of my favorite 50’s songs still being used today! Fun fact about this charming song is that it’s actually a cover! There were 2 versions of the songs: an instrumental and one performed by Doris Day which both released in 1945. The Platters later recorded their version and it became a huge hit with it topping the charts in 1958.

Rock Around The Clock -Bill Haley & His Comets

The next song that will really get you in the mood is Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets because you are timed in these stanzas! Remember to get your things in on time at the end of this week! As for the song, it wasn’t an instant hit. The song was released in May 1954, but didn’t gain popularity till it was included in the March 1955 film Blackboard Jungle. The song is now a classic and was selected for preservation in the National Recording Registry in 2018.

That is all I have today! The Spotify playlist is linked below for your enjoyment. I am your host, Nate , signing off. Thanks for listening to Sorcerer Radio!

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

This week we are in the retroverse where 50’s music is thriving. The 50’s was a great year for music as many genres and artists started to rise and became insanely popular. For instance, rock & roll and jazz were two small genres that started to gain huge popularity in the mid 50’s. Other genres such as pop, rnb, and country were still extremely popular. Enough of me rambling. Let’s get to some music! Here are my favorite songs from the 50’s.

You may have heard this song before in the Wandavision trailer back on the main Earth. I was ecstatic to hear one of my favorite 50’s songs still being used today! Fun fact about this charming song is that it’s actually a cover! There were 2 versions of the songs: an instrumental and one performed by Doris Day which both released in 1945. The Platters later recorded their version and it became a huge hit with it topping the charts in 1958.

The next song that will really get you in the mood is Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets because you are timed in these stanzas! Remember to get your things in on time at the end of this week! As for the song, it wasn’t an instant hit. The song was released in May 1954, but didn’t gain popularity till it was included in the March 1955 film Blackboard Jungle. The song is now a classic and was selected for preservation in the National Recording Registry in 2018.

That is all I have today! The Spotify playlist is linked below for your enjoyment. I am your host, Nate , signing off. Thanks for listening to Sorcerer Radio!

As an oldies lover, great Playlist @NateD1226

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Just had to check in to make sure that Yakety Yak was in this playlist :p

NateD1226

Original Poster

Hello everyone and welcome back to Sorcerer Radio! This week we are in 2008 where pop music is flourishing on the radio. However there were some amazing film scores and soundtracks that came out in 2008. There was Wall-E, Mamma Mia!, and much more. Let’s take a look at a few.

Define Dancing from Wall-E

First off we have this beautiful track from the 2008 Pixar animated movie, Wall-E, which was composed by the incredible Thomas Newman. This was Newman’s 2nd time scoring a Pixar movie and, in my opinion, is the best out of the three he has done. It is so calming and relaxing which makes it one of my favorite things to listen to.

Dancing Queen from Mamma Mia!

How could I talk about film soundtracks and not talk about Dancing Queen! It is so iconic in every way. Originally released by ABBA in August 1976, the songs brought back memories for people who grew up with this song when it was adapted into the 2008 movie Mamma Mia! It is definitely a classic!

Why So Serious from The Dark Knight

Why So Serious from The Dark Knight is a bold, eerie song that really gets you in the mood for the movie. Some critics love it and some hate it, but it is a standout track from The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight was composed by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard.

That is all I have for today! The Spotify playlist is linked below for your enjoyment. I am your host, Nate , signing off. Thanks for listening to Sorcerer Radio!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's

Hello everyone and welcome back to Sorcerer Radio! This week we are in 2008 where pop music is flourishing on the radio. However there were some amazing film scores and soundtracks that came out in 2008. There was Wall-E, Mamma Mia!, and much more. Let’s take a look at a few.

Define Dancing from Wall-E

First off we have this beautiful track from the 2008 Pixar animated movie, Wall-E, which was composed by the incredible Thomas Newman. This was Newman’s 2nd time scoring a Pixar movie and, in my opinion, is the best out of the three he has done. It is so calming and relaxing which makes it one of my favorite things to listen to.

Dancing Queen from Mamma Mia!

How could I talk about film soundtracks and not talk about Dancing Queen! It is so iconic in every way. Originally released by ABBA in August 1976, the songs brought back memories for people who grew up with this song when it was adapted into the 2008 movie Mamma Mia! It is definitely a classic!

Why So Serious from The Dark Knight

Why So Serious from The Dark Knight is a bold, eerie song that really gets you in the mood for the movie. Some critics love it and some hate it, but it is a standout track from The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight was composed by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard.

That is all I have for today! The Spotify playlist is linked below for your enjoyment. I am your host, Nate , signing off. Thanks for listening to Sorcerer Radio!

This is a great playlist!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom