Sorcerer Mickey Hat Gone?

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
I was just on the disney parks website and on the bottom where it shows the icons of the park ( ie Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth) I saw an icon for every park except for HS. Could this be a clue for a possible replacement for the Sorcerer Mickey Hat?

jakeman

From what I've seen that is a glitch that has been around for a few months at least.

Not sure it means anything. Disney's web folks aren't really known for being on top of things. :wave:

tirian

Thanks for the link to the thread. To save time, here are some of the points made:

1. The web site uses different images throughout the day. If the illustration shows only a castle and a water tower, it's the image for Disneyland Resort Paris.

2. Imagineers, including the guy who produced the hat, have publicly expressed their desire to raze it.

3. Merch has used the tower instead of the hat for most 40th anniversary items, but its inclusion is somewhat erratic. Vinylmation uses the hat; shirts and more adult items use the tower.

4. Legit plans to remove the hat have been leaked. Unfortunately, the time table has not been confirmed on the rumor boards.

That's the answer in a nutshell.

WelshBatman

Once upon a time the Earful tower was in fact the icon of Hollwood Studios (though back then it was Disney-MGM studios). Does no one remember that?

PlutosRHM55

Once upon a time the Earful tower was in fact the icon of Hollwood Studios (though back then it was Disney-MGM studios). Does no one remember that?

I always thought it was all mis-matched. Because they would advertise with both the Earful Tower and the Sorcerer Mickey Hat. Though I have this funny feeling because there is no longer an actual running movie studio there, right near the Earful Tower, that is why they advertise more so now that the Sorcerer Mickey Hat is the icon.

WelshBatman

Yeah but the hat's only been there since what 2000? And while the working movie studio isn't there anymore, the name of the park is still Hollywood Studios so that icon would fit.

All in all, the original topic was concern on why Hollywood Studios wasn't represented on the Disney Parks page. It is in fact represented by the original icon of the park.

Disneyfan1981

I know there are a lot of folks who dislike the Hat but it's been around for so long that I think I would kind of miss it if it were actually gone...

JustInTime

I will be so glad when that hat is gone.

And yes, the hat changes a different times of day on the site. Sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not. Perhaps it is a nod to the Parks former glory. Perhaps it's to get us riled up. Who knows.

wedenterprises

You got my hopes up, thought it was a late april fools joke :ROFLOL:

The sorcerer hat is beautiful, especially at night, but clearly it doesn't belong where it is.

I'd like to see it transplanted to WDI campus or one of the many "main gates" at WDW, or even the new animation resort. Hopefully it finds a new home.

danstadnik

or even the new animation resort. Hopefully it finds a new home
I couldn't agree more, especially as it would be a bit of a nod to the animation studios in Burbank!

yensid67

You got my hopes up, thought it was a late april fools joke :ROFLOL:

The sorcerer hat is beautiful, especially at night, but clearly it doesn't belong where it is.

I'd like to see it transplanted to WDI campus or one of the many "main gates" at WDW, or even the new animation resort. Hopefully it finds a new home.[/QUOTE]

A GOOD PLACE FOR THE HAT WOULD BE THE TOLL PLAZA TO DHS OR THE EXIT WISHING EVERYONE A MAGICAL NIGHT! BUT I AM FROM THE OLD SCHOOL WHEN THE CHINESE THEATRE WAS THE ICON AT THE END OF THE STREET AND THE EARFUL TOWER WAS THE PARKS ICON. I ALSO LIKE THE STUDIOS OF YEARS GONE BY...A REAL WORKING STUDIO. I THINK THE THEMING AND STORY OF DHS HAS GONE AWAY AS THEY KEEP REPLACING ATTRACTIONS WITH ONES THAT DON'T HAVE A FOLLOWING. THAT IS THE REASON I AM NOT GOING TO DHS ON MY TRIP!

stratman50th

I'd just like to see it moved from in front of the theater. Give it it's own spot. Aesthetically it looks like it was just dropped in the spot by helicopter because it fit, not because it added anything to the area.
I like the hat, just not there.

lazyboy97o

The thing just needs to be ripped apart and sold for scrap. It is just forced symbolism that serves no purpose other than marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom