Sonny Eclipse MIA and other MK news

speck76

Original Poster
First off, the ugly stage in Tomorrowland is either coming down, or getting a major overhaul....either are good things. The rigging is all gone, and from the TTA I could see that the stage was missing on one side.

Sonny Eclipse is MIA from Cosmic Rays, instead, the stage is being used for Magic Music Days, as is the Galaxy Palace Theater. Lets hope Sonny comes back soon.

The MTF train station looks to be nearing completion. The new tarp/covering is in place on one side. It looks jsut like to old station....but newer.

The Merchant of Venus and Auntie Gravities are back open, it looks like they got a new floor.

Pictures

Enderikari

Wow, does anyone else question Disney's Logic about doing these removals and rehabs during the busiest part of the year? Isn't all this rehab uglier than sin? Why am I not wearing any pants? Will Sonny Eclipse survive? All these questions answered and more:
Tune in next week:
Same Mouse-Time
Same Mouse-Channel

(Wow, I had a serious point to make, that kind of fell by the wayside...)

lamarvenoy

The stage at cosmic rays has 2 levels. I believe Sonny rises up and into the ceiling and the stage floor emerges from a utilidor level position,I'm sure Sonny is safe!

Keyblader Ax

Originally posted by lamarvenoy
The stage at cosmic rays has 2 levels. I believe Sonny rises up and into the ceiling and the stage floor emerges from a utilidor level position,I'm sure Sonny is safe!

That's exactly what i was going to say.

speck76

Original Poster
Nope, just some chairs and music stands. Cosmic Rays was packed, but I had never heard it so quiet.

StevenT

Sonny will be back, have no fear. He does this every year during magic music days. I don't know why they didn't leave that stage up until the finish of music days. It was being used every time I walked through Tomorrowland on the 4th and the 6th. I'm glad it's gone though.

It looks like they've made a lot of progress on the Toontown station and San Francisco facades in the last week. Hats of to Disney for being efficient.

ToTBellHop

I don't think we can complain about the refurbishments in the same breath that we complain that the parks need work ;) Be happy no rides are closed (I don't think any are...) I am glad they are putting so much work into the parks, and I didn't honestly feel the parks were over-run with construction walls.

Pigtails

I didn't know Sonny went up into the ceiling. That's pretty cool. Does he go up and down when guests can see it, or is it a strictly after-hours type thing?

Lokheed

Sonny will be on stage performing while a band is getting ready in the level underneath him. Then Sonny's stage starts rising up into the ceiling while the band underneath starts playing. Sonny disappears into the ceiling while the playing band rises up from the floor. It's pretty cool to watch.

AndyP

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
I don't think we can complain about the refurbishments in the same breath that we complain that the parks need work ;) Be happy no rides are closed (I don't think any are...) I am glad they are putting so much work into the parks, and I didn't honestly feel the parks were over-run with construction walls.

I think MK has alot going on so people are complaining about the number of walls there, but at the end of the day its improving our parks for the better! The other parks only really have the main walls up at the moment for Soarin' and such, while MK has 20k, the stage, small world, so on. But still, in a large park, and in confined areas, its not too bad, part from maybe the large wall outside SGE.

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by Lokheed
Sonny will be on stage performing while a band is getting ready in the level underneath him. Then Sonny's stage starts rising up into the ceiling while the band underneath starts playing. Sonny disappears into the ceiling while the playing band rises up from the floor. It's pretty cool to watch.

Am I just totally gullable or is that true?

Because that is awesome. I did magic music days a few years ago, and we didn't perform there, but that would have been so cool!

speck76

Original Poster
Originally posted by AndyP
I think MK has alot going on so people are complaining about the number of walls there, but at the end of the day its improving our parks for the better! The other parks only really have the main walls up at the moment for Soarin' and such, while MK has 20k, the stage, small world, so on. But still, in a large park, and in confined areas, its not too bad, part from maybe the large wall outside SGE.

The walls are slowly starting to come down. I think all of the walls are down in Adventureland, which is a good start.

ddank

how often are magic music days? anyone know when they will have them in June/July? on these days does it mean Sonny is down for the whole day?

speck76

Original Poster
I thought Magic Music Days were all year. I have seen musical groups of some sort at the parks almost every time I go...which is all throughout the year.

speck76

Original Poster
Originally posted by ddank
so does this mean no sonny until the stage is fixed??? or will be be performing at night??/

I was there at night. The stage was still set for MMD, although the performances were over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom