Songwriting

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by JackSkellington
I never thought mkt would ever look at this post. Thankx man. Happy EARSTER.

now for the shocker... I am musically inclined and can play several instruments.... lol.

ogryn

Originally posted by mkt
now for the shocker... I am musically inclined and can play several instruments.... lol.

Thud.gif

ThirdEye

I play in a band and sometimes write music, but most of the time im come up with the bass lines and then the guitarist makes something to go with it, or ill hear a drum beat and lay a bass line over it.

Music just has to be felt you can't force it out.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by ThirdEye
I play in a band and sometimes write music, but most of the time im come up with the bass lines and then the guitarist makes something to go with it, or ill hear a drum beat and lay a bass line over it.

Music just has to be felt you can't force it out.

truer words have never been spoken

NowInc

The writing process..for me at least..starts with the simplest of ideas. Most of my song ideas come at STRANGE times...like when im driving at 4 am..or when im in the shower...times where its most inconvienient for me to be thinking of these things...thats why im happy my cell phone has a voice recorder on it. I just sing what im thinking into it and go back to it for later reference.

That being said...ive been in the studio for 3 months now doing this 2nd album and im only 80% done...oops

mkt

Premium Member
yup... he plays in a Goth Band made up of failed Elvis impersonators called Dead on the Toilet Star Assembly

ThirdEye

NowInc thats so true, ill be taking a shower and have to sprint out and pick up my guitar and write down what I just thought of. Or ill be sleeping and all of a sudden i bust out a song.

It's weird I never just write a part to a song I usually just come up with a full song. But sometimes it takes me weeks to write a song that you know is just amazing to yourself, but you dont care what other people think about it because its your idea of real music, not the "pop" sound or w/e.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Originally posted by ThirdEye
It's weird I never just write a part to a song I usually just come up with a full song. But sometimes it takes me weeks to write a song that you know is just amazing to yourself, but you dont care what other people think about it because its your idea of real music, not the "pop" sound or w/e.
I am totally the opposite. If I start to write I won't stop until I finish. If I leave a song unfinished it stays that way.

NowInc

Sometimes you gotta walk away from a song in order to give it a fair chance. If you listen to it over and over..you lose the feeling you had when you started. I dont think i've ever sat down and wrote a song from begging to end without sidetracking to something else in between.

Step away from the track for a day..then come back..it'll sound different..trust me :)

ThirdEye

Yea and then sometimes there is those songs where it takes weeks to finish and when your done you just say to yourself now thats F'in ROCK....But most of my songs i just finish in one sit down.

If you have ever heard Vodoo Chile by Hendrix he created that song in one sitting , I think he even improvised the whole thing....Thats genius right there

Shaman

I'll like to take this opportunity to promote:

Oz's Muse Exchange Program...

...Sharing Inspiration is our motto....

:lookaroun :lol: :lookaroun

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc
Sometimes you gotta walk away from a song in order to give it a fair chance. If you listen to it over and over..you lose the feeling you had when you started. I dont think i've ever sat down and wrote a song from begging to end without sidetracking to something else in between.

Step away from the track for a day..then come back..it'll sound different..trust me :)

No, no. When I get an inspiration for a song all the words hit me like a ton of bricks. I can even hear what themusic sounds like. It happens at any time not when listening to music, but just thinking to myself. If I don't write it, the song never comes out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom