Somewhat more recent Disneyland documentary I can't locate

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Okay, so we went to Disneyland in 2012 and after that I was on a bit of a kick watching Disneyland documentaries on Youtube and in some cases they are all similar, but I really liked this one that talked about it in such glowing lights. This wasn't an old documentary with Walt's interviews or showing construction or anything - even though I enjoy watching them too - but it was a more modern full documentary with interviews and such. This is 2012, and at the time it seemed like it was maybe a few years old. I am trying to remember the people interviewed in it but I can distinctly remember that when they were interviewed it looked like the backdrop was around Main Street or something.

But here is the kicker, I remember this quote and it was in the documentary. Someone (was it Tony Baxter or someone up high at that time?) said that Disneyland is like a salad. But a plussed up salad. In other words it had added croutons, tomatoes, cucumbers, salad dressing, bacon bits, and all of the trimmings and it was a large giant an immersive salad with everything. It was such a perfect description. And it was in the documentary. I figure there is no where other than here that might know what I am talking about or who made that quote and what documentary it was in, because it was a really good one that I remember.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Okay, so we went to Disneyland in 2012 and after that I was on a bit of a kick watching Disneyland documentaries on Youtube and in some cases they are all similar, but I really liked this one that talked about it in such glowing lights. This wasn't an old documentary with Walt's interviews or showing construction or anything - even though I enjoy watching them too - but it was a more modern full documentary with interviews and such. This is 2012, and at the time it seemed like it was maybe a few years old. I am trying to remember the people interviewed in it but I can distinctly remember that when they were interviewed it looked like the backdrop was around Main Street or something.

But here is the kicker, I remember this quote and it was in the documentary. Someone (was it Tony Baxter or someone up high at that time?) said that Disneyland is like a salad. But a plussed up salad. In other words it had added croutons, tomatoes, cucumbers, salad dressing, bacon bits, and all of the trimmings and it was a large giant an immersive salad with everything. It was such a perfect description. And it was in the documentary. I figure there is no where other than here that might know what I am talking about or who made that quote and what documentary it was in, because it was a really good one that I remember.

Great analogy, so today Disney just throws a couple pieces of lettuce and a slice of tomato in a bowl and calls it a salad. If you want all those extras you have to pay for them, and you have to have a lightening lane to be sure you get your salad when you are hungry.

Mr. Sullivan

Do you happen to recall if this was a Disney made documentary (as in something they produced themselves about the park) or was it a documentary another source made about the park?

Because back around that time (even up to semi-recently), they used to sell DVDs in the parks of specially made documentaries about them. I have several of them, but that'd only be helpful knowing if it's something Disney themselves put together.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Do you happen to recall if this was a Disney made documentary (as in something they produced themselves about the park) or was it a documentary another source made about the park?

Because back around that time (even up to semi-recently), they used to sell DVDs in the parks of specially made documentaries about them. I have several of them, but that'd only be helpful knowing if it's something Disney themselves put together.

Looked very much like a Disney made documentary. It was just more or less a doc that was propping up Disneyland and I thought they really brought the best out in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom