something i've always wondered about laugh floor

a goofy username

Original Poster
have there ever been any instances in which some goon was given the mic at monsters inc. laugh floor (or any show that involves audience participation) and took the opportunity to drop f-bombs/say r-rated things? i've never seen it happen but i imagine it does on occasion

GVentola

I heard that two young women flashed the bird when the Laugh Floor camera focused on them. Not sure if it's true.

Kristamouse

We love this attraction and often my hubs or kids jokes are chosen. I have not seen anything inappropriate, thankfully. Last week we had the worst show because of the random people choose to speak with the microphone. They were long in answering questions, not playing along and it was terribly awkward. To their credit the hosts did their best to keep things moving. If that was my only show I would think the attraction was silly....

mj2v

The closest thing to inappropriate was during one of the 24 hour events. One of the guests was wearing a brony type outfit and the Mike voice started singing my little brony and going on a riff about bronys. The show that morning (it was about 430am) had an edgy vibe which was awesome

grim-grinning_toast

I've never seen anything inappropriate, but have certainly seen my fair share of awkward encounters. Once, they had picked an elderly woman for the mind reading trick, and she was so upset and offended by the entire situation. At one point, when the monster was trying to keep the room light and everyone had a giggle she said, "I know you're all laughing at me...I'd like to know what you find some *FUNNY* about me?!"

I tried to get out of my seat and hide underneath it, but my husband wouldn't let me.

JIMINYCR

In all the shows Ive been to, Ive never heard an inappropriate word thrown out and I hope people remember they are at Disney and shouldnt act like they would in a nightclub. Disney must have thought about this happening when they opened up the show to guest having an open mike. Im surprised they dont have a few second delay built in so crude things could be screened out.

Scrungo

I think with the mic, they tend to go for kids and grown ups there with their families instead of teenagers/young adult there with friends the same age just to avoid anything like that.

ewensell3

Not on mic, but I was on camera when I was wearing an inappropriate shirt. It was my "It Came Out of Nowhere" shirt which depicts a heavily modified DeLorean crashing into a British-style police phone box. Both clearly non-Disney IPs yet it still got past the censors. :).

EasyRover

I've only seen one adult who was in a bad mood and really wasn't interested in playing along. You could see him becoming more aggravated every time the camera focused on him.

Bairstow

Not on mic, but I was on camera when I was wearing an inappropriate shirt. It was my "It Came Out of Nowhere" shirt which depicts a heavily modified DeLorean crashing into a British-style police phone box. Both clearly non-Disney IPs yet it still got past the censors. :).

Did this shirt also have a three-letter acronym for a phrase expressing incredulity above the illustration?

Yert3

I've never seen it. But it's always super awkward when the people they choose can't speak English or when the cast members can't understand the persons accent. Not that there's anything wrong about not knowing English. I would just feel awkward being singled out and not understanding what people are saying to me.

danitaytay

I've never seen it just because I think most people know if they were to do something explicit in front of so many people/children they would get kicked out of the park. Although the awkward moments are a plenty haha.
I was once chosen for the "telepathetic" monster part and the camera went down the row pointing out each of my family members and then it landed on a little girl sitting next to me and the monster asked if she was my sister and I said no and the little girl started hysterically crying on camera in front of everyone. I felt like a horrible person it was so awkward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom