Something isn't right about what happened to Buzzy. (NOT NEWS/RUMOR)

Cheekylittlerobot

Original Poster
Theres nothing to hide. Wether it was stolen or some insider had something to do with it, its an internal matter and Disney has no need to disclose anything to outsiders. To Disney its an old worn out defunct piece of an abandoned attraction that was probably never going to be utilized again. They could have thrown him in the dump heap years ago like many other extinct attraction props and no one would have known. They have no emotional attachment and they have no reason or need to reply to anyones call of distress regarding a piece of junk. For you and some others to form an emotional attachment to a discarded prop, they must be having a good laugh.

If what you say is true, why did they bother to red tag him if they didn't care about him at all? Also, if they don't care about old pieces of "equipment" why do they occasionally post pics of the things in the archives? If it isn't important, why bother posting any at all?

Cheekylittlerobot

Original Poster
After the whole buzzy's been stolen thing there is a mini buzzy fandom now. I have seen some really crazy things.

You mean like an animation of Buzzy singing "Hit or Miss" while dabbing? I frequent the Cranium Command hashtag on Insta but I haven't posted anything yet. I might one day though. If you couldn't already tell, I'm kind of in the fandom.
Side note, I think it funny that most people in the fandom are young teens who weren't even alive/never got to see it! Life is strange.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

If what you say is true, why did they bother to red tag him if they didn't care about him at all? Also, if they don't care about old pieces of "equipment" why do they occasionally post pics of the things in the archives? If it isn't important, why bother posting any at all?
Its not a matter of them caring or not caring. Its a matter of them not having to justify a props existence or disposal to a guest who is obsessing over a piece of their property.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

After the whole buzzy's been stolen thing there is a mini buzzy fandom now. I have seen some really crazy things.
It's sorta the same thing that happened when Maelstrom shut down and suddenly there are tons of "outraged fans" that can't wait to "protest" Disney getting rid of an attraction that was in an obscure little nook in Epcot. I feel like I'm a Disney die hard. I'm in the DVC. I go on trips a year. I love it. BUT I'm under NO illusion that Disney cares one iota about me or caters to me in anyway or I'm even the customer they are in the market for. They want people to come there and spend money and they want to draw in people that HAVEN'T been there and think new IP's and things like that might draw them there. That's who they care about. I'm fine with that.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just funny how they indulge some fans and not others...

Welcome to the capitalist world. If it held economic value they would have kept it. Disney has quiet a long laundry list of characters that they created, acquired, or cast thier own versions of that are relegated to oblivion.

glawio

Hmmm, I agree. You make a good point. I know the chair lift was supposed to be strong, I'm just thinking that it might have weakened over time, likely not receiving any maintenance. Even if this is not the case, he could have been damaged when they were removing him? Like, they were trying to be careful but he slipped and fell (explaining the choppy looking removal)? Yes, the lines were frayed, but they could have removed the ripped part with more care still.) I know Disney wants to avoid press with this, but since there is already Cranium Command concept art on Instagram, they could easily post a casual pic, as they have done with other pieces of the archives and "answer" our question with having to give details or say anything specific.

To me, either Buzzy is really stolen (hence why no pics) or they are just cowards. (Even if they don't wanna show him without clothes, they could take a pic of his face.) If he was never stolen, what's there to hide?

I understand being worried he might be damaged (believe me, I was really upset when I saw what happened to the Food Rocks guys), but it's just a great big mystery right now. Go ahead and subscribe yourself to the idea that we very well may never know what happened to Buzzy, that way it will just be a pleasant surprise if/when information comes out. It can be stressful to worry about things that you're unable to control. Yes, it may seem not fair, but that's what happens when you get into something so obscure and minor. Sometimes you care for things more than the people who made them. :(

In terms of updates on this, someone on Twitter posted a picture of the Cranium Command stage from a few days ago with hydraulic fluid on the floor. Is it real? Who knows. Anyone could have broken in there and thrown some hydraulic fluid or something that resembles it around for added drama. Also, our wonderful and kind friend (sarcasm) Backdoor Disney says he will be posting a "Buzzy update video" on the 19th. So, I guess we will see! The saga continues.

Dragonman

Well you know who posted his video. Make of it what you will

He doesn’t mention the pics he had of the stolen clothes or the guy who removed Hypothalamus though.

Last edited:

NormC

There has been no proof or any confirmation of his theft from Disney or OCSD or anyone else. The fact is that he was removed from his perch probably by an employee without proper authorization. That is all there is to the story at this time. The fact that the pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical lines appear to be crudely cut does not mean he was stolen and is not a big deal. If he were to be repurposed he would get new lines anyway. It was easier to cut the lines than to remove his clothing and "skin" and disconnect the fittings and connectors. There is no need to do this for removal. Now that he is free from his perch, the stubs of tubing and wire can be removed, and he can be prepared for his new role whatever that might be. Only Disney currently knows the plans.

BDD is an idiot and hopefully his "15 minutes" of fame are up soon.

Last edited:

ppete1975

It's sorta the same thing that happened when Maelstrom shut down and suddenly there are tons of "outraged fans" that can't wait to "protest" Disney getting rid of an attraction that was in an obscure little nook in Epcot. I feel like I'm a Disney die hard. I'm in the DVC. I go on trips a year. I love it. BUT I'm under NO illusion that Disney cares one iota about me or caters to me in anyway or I'm even the customer they are in the market for. They want people to come there and spend money and they want to draw in people that HAVEN'T been there and think new IP's and things like that might draw them there. That's who they care about. I'm fine with that.
couldn't agree more.... maelstrom... u of e... great movie ride..... I still loved and rode the first 2 hated gmr (it was just too outdated), but I never saw them busy.. heck u of e was considered the worst ride in epcot.. unless you needed to take a nap. BUT THOSE DINOSAURS!!!
Nobody cared until they were closed

LaughingGravy

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just given to an employee or former employee on the QT, like maybe to one of the folks who built or designed it, and it is sitting in someone's home, to never see the light of day again. Then again, it was inside an attraction, so it probably never saw the light of day to begin with after probably having arrived in a crate or box after being built inside someplace else.
I know if I was the employee, as big a fan of Disney parks as I am, I would just quietly keep it.
It's called keeping a secret. I've seen a bit of backstage. There are not cameras everywhere and even if there are and someone saw something, there are things called payoffs.
"Oh, I saw Joe Imagineer walking out with a large misshapen box from behind WoL."
"Here's $20. You didn't see nuthin'. He was a well respected imagineer here for 20 years and he designed it."
"Make it $40."
"OK."
For fans of the show "Survivor", it's like when you want to yell at the screen at someone who found a hidden immunity idol and they just have to go and tell someone.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom