Something hurts....

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Original Poster
Ok....I've been running regularly, and the last couple days, my right kneecap seems to be killing me...on the front side, right above it. I can walk ok, but if I have to crouch or bend down, it feels like it wants to give out.

Never really had anything in the way of injuries (other than minor pulls), and I'm not sure where to classify this. It's definitely getting my attention, though.

Feel free to talk about other injuries, so maybe we can help each other out on those too.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ok....I've been running regularly, and the last couple days, my right kneecap seems to be killing me...on the front side, right above it. I can walk ok, but if I have to crouch or bend down, it feels like it wants to give out.

Never really had anything in the way of injuries (other than minor pulls), and I'm not sure where to classify this. It's definitely getting my attention, though.

Feel free to talk about other injuries, so maybe we can help each other out on those too.
Im not a fan of looking on webmd etc for injury stuff sine they will have you believing that you are dieing with a massive tumor by the end of your research. However, I do like to find muscle diagrams of the body and locate the name of the muscle that is hurting. Then, I take that official name and search "running injury and XXXX muscle." Try that. I have read a lot of things that turn out to be fascinating in how the body works and why Im feeling pain.

I would discuss my injury, but I think yall have heard enough about mine. :lol:

mousefan1972

Love to have one of those around. ;)

I'm always here for my wdwmagic friends if they need me.... :D

Although I must confess; I don't like treating runners. They never listen to me when I tell them to take a break from running! Some overuse syndromes really benefit from rest. But runners are such a different breed of athlete. They just don't want to stop running, even if it is just for a short amount of time to help their body heal. Very frustrating from a PT standpoint.

scorp111

Although I must confess; I don't like treating runners. They never listen to me when I tell them to take a break from running! Some overuse syndromes really benefit from rest. But runners are such a different breed of athlete. They just don't want to stop running, even if it is just for a short amount of time to help their body heal. Very frustrating from a PT standpoint.

Nobody in here would fall in that Category::lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

I sat for 2 weeks last month and it was torture. :D I am proud that i saw the bigger picture and let me body heal.

cindrelly

Fievel: Did you ever find out what you hurt and how to treat it? Have you tried heat/ice treatements for it? :shrug:

My DH & I listen to a great podcast and they have some info on stretching and such. Message me if you want the name of it. (I don't think we are to advertise others stuff on here by name.)

I can't wait to start training soon for the Princess 1/2 next year. I haven't ran on over 20+ years due to severe asthma issues, but I am ready now and my doctors are encouraging me. Then just as I started training, I had a freaky ski accident and sliced my knee open very deep. I hope to get clearance next week to start training again.

My goal is to do a 5K in 8 weeks, and 10K in the Fall, then the Princess 1/2. Not sure I can build to a full marathon. Let's see if I can do the 1/2 first.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Original Poster
I never did find out....I'm much too stubborn to go see a doctor, although I did get close.

I just rested it, and stretched best I could for a few days.

I went out yesterday with my wife, and did a very slow 2 mile run, to which it seemed to react really well.

I don't think I did anything major, probably just strained a muscle.

Feel free to send me that podcast name, though ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom