Something different for our next trip.

jharvey

Original Poster
This September we are going back to the World. Our initial plan was for the five of us (me, DW, DS9, DD6, DD2) to do a 7/6 at POR. We have gone 3 times before, staying at AS Movie and Pop Century. Plans changed about two weeks ago when we decided to invite my brothers (25 year old twins). We will pay roughly 75% of their portion of the trip, including getting them there. So.....we have downshifted back to Pop Century.

I will have several questions that I will eventually add on to this thread, but I want to start out with the obvious- ADRs. We are about 5 weeks out from our 180 mark. My brothers have not been to the World since 1993 and as a newly minted teenager I kinda went out of my way to ruin that one. So, with that in mind, I am tossing out my initial ADR preferences for this trip. The ones I cut were Boatwrights (for obvious reasons), BOG (no way could I put them thru that), and Kona Cafe. The reason we cut Kona was because we were going to do a late dinner and watch Hallowishes from the beach. Since we are bringing basic newbs we are going to do MNSSHP again.

So, with those deletions, I have a preliminary "wish-list" for the 180 days mark. Via Napoli, Biergarten, Sci-Fi, Fultons, Kouzzina. More background, we love Via Napoli and will keep this one come Hell or High Water. We also have a soft spot for Sci-Fi. The other places would be new to us (I tried Biergarten over 20 years ago). Last trip we did DtD for the first time and really liked it. We did a CS at Dublin and wanna try something new. We thought about Raglan, but I worry how my kids would do in an environment like that. We considered a CS, or OOP, at Earl of Sandwich. We typically consider 2 credits for 1 meal as a vacation no-no, but Fulton sound really good. We have never done Boardwalk, and want to try it out, especially considering that my brothers are coming with. So, I picked Kouzzina due to lack of knowledge more than anything.

Here, at long last, is my question. What would you recommend? Should I drop Fulton for another signature? Should I break it up into 2 single credit meals? What to do with Kouzzina? Really, the only ones I know I am keeping would be Via Napoli and Sci-Fi. What say you?

zurgandfriend

1. We always enjoy Biergarten however I would also recommend Restaurant Marrakesh either will be enjoyable.

2. Fulton is another favorite spot but if you want to "do" the Boardwalk I have to recommend Yachtsman Steakhouse as a signature/2 credit meal. The Captain's Grille and Kouzzina are also great 1 credit places to dine if you want to spread it out.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!

jharvey

Original Poster
Yachtsman...... I have that on the bucket list/ the kids are at home with the grandparents list. Would kids enjoy eating there?

zurgandfriend

Yachtsman...... I have that on the bucket list/ the kids are at home with the grandparents list. Would kids enjoy eating there?

If they like beef they will. We have eaten there many times DS always loved it growing up. For dessert they always had a white chocolate puzzle you could put together and paint with a paint brush and different sauces (e.g. chocolate, strawbery caramel).

PrincessNelly_NJ

This September we are going back to the World. Our initial plan was for the five of us (me, DW, DS9, DD6, DD2) to do a 7/6 at POR. We have gone 3 times before, staying at AS Movie and Pop Century. Plans changed about two weeks ago when we decided to invite my brothers (25 year old twins). We will pay roughly 75% of their portion of the trip, including getting them there. So.....we have downshifted back to Pop Century.

I will have several questions that I will eventually add on to this thread, but I want to start out with the obvious- ADRs. We are about 5 weeks out from our 180 mark. My brothers have not been to the World since 1993 and as a newly minted teenager I kinda went out of my way to ruin that one. So, with that in mind, I am tossing out my initial ADR preferences for this trip. The ones I cut were Boatwrights (for obvious reasons), BOG (no way could I put them thru that), and Kona Cafe. The reason we cut Kona was because we were going to do a late dinner and watch Hallowishes from the beach. Since we are bringing basic newbs we are going to do MNSSHP again.

So, with those deletions, I have a preliminary "wish-list" for the 180 days mark. Via Napoli, Biergarten, Sci-Fi, Fultons, Kouzzina. More background, we love Via Napoli and will keep this one come Hell or High Water. We also have a soft spot for Sci-Fi. The other places would be new to us (I tried Biergarten over 20 years ago). Last trip we did DtD for the first time and really liked it. We did a CS at Dublin and wanna try something new. We thought about Raglan, but I worry how my kids would do in an environment like that. We considered a CS, or OOP, at Earl of Sandwich. We typically consider 2 credits for 1 meal as a vacation no-no, but Fulton sound really good. We have never done Boardwalk, and want to try it out, especially considering that my brothers are coming with. So, I picked Kouzzina due to lack of knowledge more than anything.

Here, at long last, is my question. What would you recommend? Should I drop Fulton for another signature? Should I break it up into 2 single credit meals? What to do with Kouzzina? Really, the only ones I know I am keeping would be Via Napoli and Sci-Fi. What say you?

Well, me and my 20-something friends really enjoyed BOG for dinner. One of the best meals of the trip. My fiance enjoyed it and he is 25 so I really think you should keep it. TRUST ME!
I would definitely recommend Yachtsman! It is a must do for us.
Definitely agree with Via Napoli & Sci-fi (I too have a soft spot for those places)
We always QS DTD so that we have more time to explore and the QS places are pretty darn good!
I've never been to Biergarten but people speak highly of it. Teppan Edo and Coral Reef are definitely some of my faves in EPCOT.

Whatever you pick will be great! Enjoy!

durangojim

I wouldn't recommend BOG for dinner, too expensive for what you get IMO, but I'd try to get FPs for lunch. Reasonably priced and great atmosphere. Do your brothers enjoy adult libations? If so, check out La Cava or do a drink crawl around World Showcase. Also, I'd suggest Ohana if they enjoy meat.

jlsHouston

I was thinking about possibly doing Beaches & Cream. Anyone tried it and have any recommendations for or against.

I think the bacon cheeseburger is pretty good, maybe the best burger on property at WDW....kiddos love the hot dogs and sundaes. It's a nice place to eat and informal meal solo or with a family all ages

jlsHouston

I wouldn't recommend BOG for dinner, too expensive for what you get IMO, but I'd try to get FPs for lunch. Reasonably priced and great atmosphere. Do your brothers enjoy adult libations? If so, check out La Cava or do a drink crawl around World Showcase. Also, I'd suggest Ohana if they enjoy meat.

I second BOG for lunch not because I have had lunch there but my daughters have and said the turkey sandwich was awesome....

jlsHouston

I recommend Crew Cup at YC for a meal. Specifically I saw a pic of buttermilk shrimp on @abeachchick current live TR and I am trying to figure out right now what I am shuffling with my March ADR's to have dinner and a cocktail there....

jharvey

Original Poster
I did not think about possibly doing it for CS. I will keep that under my hat.

I want to do the crawl sooooooo bad. Alas, until the kids get old enough for me to drink and not have them judge me it shall remain only a dream. Oh how I want to try that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom