something alot of people overlook in the new Journey into Imagination

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Alot of people complain that the new ride doesn't have the visual imagination the old one has. It's rather annoying 'cause they TOTALLY overlook a subtile artistic detail here. Dr. Channing's part of the ride I beileve is SUPPOSED to be simple, with lack of visual stimulation. I mean, it is a science lab after all. But it gets almost just as colorful and creative as the old ride once we get to Figment's part. Channing's world is ordinary and unimaginative *especially since he's the one saying that Imagination should be controled and bottled* Figment's world is the random, and colorful world that seems very similar to the old ride. This actually gives it an even MORE imaginative feel than the original and hardly anyone that talks about the new ride seems to ever be able to think that 'cause they're too busy complaining that it's not the old one. Am I wrong?

disneymickey123

Look

I have gone on both the old and new. And Personally I hate the new one i lacks many of the things the old one had. I would be better for them to have updated it but have keeped the same idea.:wave:

jmvd20

Dragonrider1227 said:
Alot of people complain that the new ride doesn't have the visual imagination the old one has. It's rather annoying 'cause they TOTALLY overlook a subtile artistic detail here. Dr. Channing's part of the ride I beileve is SUPPOSED to be simple, with lack of visual stimulation. I mean, it is a science lab after all. But it gets almost just as colorful and creative as the old ride once we get to Figment's part. Channing's world is ordinary and unimaginative *especially since he's the one saying that Imagination should be controled and bottled* Figment's world is the random, and colorful world that seems very similar to the old ride. This actually gives it an even MORE imaginative feel than the original and hardly anyone that talks about the new ride seems to ever be able to think that 'cause they're too busy complaining that it's not the old one. Am I wrong?

I agree that the beginning of the ride is supposed to be boring or without imagination. Once figment gets involved it does get colorfull and the upside down area is really good - at least I think it is.

However as far as the overall ride goes I personally feel that is nowhere near as good as the original. But that is just my opinion.

As to the complaining statement, well, I like complaining - what else can I say.:D

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
jmvd20 said:
I agree that the beginning of the ride is supposed to be boring or without imagination. Once figment gets involved it does get colorfull and the upside down area is really good - at least I think it is.

However as far as the overall ride goes I personally feel that is nowhere near as good as the original. But that is just my opinion.

As to the complaining statement, well, I like complaining - what else can I say.:D
"I HATE IT WHEN THERE'S NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! BOO HISS!" XD
I do complain the the "What if labs" are nothing compared to the old Imageworks though. I really wish THAT would be brought back. I miss the Rainbow tunnel

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Buford said:
so what if most of it is supposed to be dull...... I don't want dull......:D
It's called being artistic. XD It wouldn't make sense if Dr. Channing's area was as colorful and lively as Figments :p

Buford

Dragonrider1227 said:
It's called being artistic. XD It wouldn't make sense if Dr. Channing's area was as colorful and lively as Figments :p
no, but we spend such short time in Figment's (what, a few seconds?).....that's all..... may be artistic, but not really pleasing - especially for the kiddies :wave:

justducky78

Even so, the new version is just terrible when compared to the old one.

We just went on it a couple weeks ago and we just sat there, thinking "what were they thinking? :lookaroun" -- we knew it was bad because we had been on this new version in 2003 but we wanted to do it again to see it if was really as bad as we remembered. It was. It's cheap looking and not at all entertaining. It's really kind of sad.

You could tell by everyone's expression getting off the ride that they were thinking the same thing...:lookaroun

Can you tell I like this face? :lookaroun

Firewolfe51

Well i miss the beginning of the old ride! That is the part where you first meet the dreamfinder and he and everyone is going the same direction. I was young and that blew my mind for a long time and really still does. AS A matter of fact that was some of the very first "MAGIC" that I ever discovered----------but thats another post, LONG LIVE THE DREAMFINDER

Epcot82Guy

The new attractiona nd concept aren't bad at all. The problem is that it is cheap. Had the 2nd and 3rd budgets been combined, JIIwF could be just as good as the original. I really believe that. However, it is just sparse. It isn't really an experimental facility. It isn't imaginative like the original. It is just cheap and sort of half-finished. And, the imagineers that worked on both will tell you that.

Disney Newbie

We never saw the original, but hated the new one. It was LAME. We felt like that was 5 mins of our life we could never get back and totally wasted it.

Yuck! :(

SirNim

Dragonrider1227 said:
The problem becomes, then, that Channing's area takes up too great a proportion of the duration of the attraction. If we're only in the labs for, say, 1 or 2 scenes, and then we move on to Figment's world for the remainder, then I suppose the attraction would be slightly better...

dxwwf3

I personally enjoyed Journey Into Your Imagination (Yeah all 5 of us) and I like the current version as well, but that doesn't mean that there isn't HUGE room for improvement.

Epcot82Guy

dxwwf3 said:
I personally enjoyed Journey Into Your Imagination (Yeah all 5 of us) and I like the current version as well, but that doesn't mean that there isn't HUGE room for improvement.

I never saw v2.0 live, but I did see the videos. There are definitely parts that I think are much more successful than the current version. I wonder why some of those effects were taken out in v3.0. I just needed more. It really is pretty LAME and one-dimensional now.

dxwwf3

Epcot82Guy said:
I never saw v2.0 live, but I did see the videos. There are definitely parts that I think are much more successful than the current version.

Everyone seemed to hate YOUR, but to me it got better each time I rode it. It was such a departure from the original, the backlash was eminent. I can see their point though because it wasn't half the attraction the original was. But I still liked JIYI and I always will.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I liked the old one 100000x better.. the new one feels so corny and CHEAP.. I hate when figment spells his name.. and figment's house is really cheap feeling.. but the worst thing is that Figment's personality is WAYYYYYY more corny in the new one. I want the old figment and old ride back.. or at least something similar. The new one is teH SUCK!!!:dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom