Somehow the Submarines Will Return July 25th

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
1626135006170.png

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Last Thursday I noticed the 'submerging' bubbles and show lighting in the lagoon was on- so I'm not surprised. But I'm also very very surprised Disney is bringing this back. It also looked like they were doing maintenance on the Fantasmic Stage so I wouldn't be surprised if that return was announced somewhat soon as well.

For all of TDA's faults, they're bringing back Lincoln, the Canoes, and the Submarine Voyage when they had the perfect opportunity and excuses not too.

CHOX

They should have just brought the Subs out of Mothballs in 2005 and let people ride them with the deteriorated scenes. It would have been a hell of a lot better than what they did…and spooooooooky.

Tamandua

Isn't there a ride at epcot with the same Nemo scenes just in an omnimover style ride vehicle? The subs need an original retheme.

lazyboy97o

If Nemo reopens this December, that suggests that a Tomorrowland remodel is still several years away. Why sink any money into Nemo to get it back on line if a remodel is happening anytime soon? And the COVID closure gave Disney the perfect excuse to keep it closed indefinitely.
Different teams with different responsibilities. Even when a project is approved there can be months to years of design work.

smooch

I know the subs aren't necessarily a favorite around here or with adults in general but I have to say when they opened when I was little I loved the ride and am glad they're returning. While I do wish it was some original IP, I absolutely loved Nemo as a kid so I loved the ride, I thought it was real and thought we were really going down deeper even though I knew the characters obviously weren't real. I'm not sure I would go on now especially after COVID, the last time I went on it though was around 3 years ago or so with some friends and I enjoyed myself but it's never a must do for me. But I think it's a great ride for kids and am glad it will reopen and bring back some kinetic energy, the lagoon in Tomorrowland is one of my favorite spots aesthetically in the park, the view from the monorail ramp with the lagoon and the Matterhorn in the background is truly something else.

aliceismad

The (non-Nemo) subs are one of the rides I remember from my first trip when I was 4. I would be glad to see them in use and maintained barring a dramatic high-level structuring of the area.

lazyboy97o

For those wishing for those Subs and Autopia to go, what do you have in mind for that area? What else could work both in terms of kinetics and aesthetics, as well as overall good quality attractions and offerings? Because I can’t think of anything, especially when considering the poor choices Disney continues to make for the parks.
You haven’t seen the exciting work they’re doing at Epcot?! Wide open pastures! Perfect for imaginary oxen to graze!

BubbaisSleep

For those wishing for those Subs and Autopia to go, what do you have in mind for that area? What else could work both in terms of kinetics and aesthetics, as well as overall good quality attractions and offerings? Because I can’t think of anything, especially when considering the poor choices Disney continues to make for the parks.
They'd never do it but I wouldn't mind a modified Mysterious Island at TDS.
While I am ready to give up Subs/Autopia, I'm not ready to say goodbye to that gorgeous lagoon with the subs passing by.
Mysterious Island would fit in great in-between Tomorrowland/Fantasyland and would provide us with not only a thrill ride but a worthy submarine ride replacement. Also incorporating the Monorail into the mountain would be spectacular and give riders onboard another great experience.

It would be upsetting to see this unique, carefully thought-out & imaginative parcel of land get replaced by a ground-level ride or two that do not interact with each other. At least Mysterious Island can carry on that tradition of excellent engineering and house multiple different attractions in one space like the land does today.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom