Somehow I managed to screw up the purchase of admisison

jsciusco

Good morning-- We have magic bands form a few years ago and I intentionally saved them for a future purchase. We're going next week and I logged into my account and made reservations, paid for admission. My account showed my family and friends list. It showed my son as a child, rather than the adult he now is and I went and created a new person for him when I paid for admission. Now, I don't see a way to link his old magic band to the new adult "person" he is. He basically exists twice, and the "him" that has the magic band is not the "him" who has admission and reservations paid for. What can I do? Of course the phones are busy off the hook and I can't reach anyone. Thanks

Weather_Lady

This is totally a guess, but you might try deactivating (unlinking) his Magicband from his "old" profile on My Disney Experience, and then linking it to his new profile. EDIT: Never mind. This answer on the Disney website suggests that won't work: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ed-own-disney-experience-account-help-444982/

Otherwise, you may have to sit on the phone awhile with the IT department to get the issue fixed. If you don't have time to sit on hold today, try calling in tomorrow the moment the phone lines open.

Upvote 0

jsciusco

Original Poster
This is totally a guess, but you might try deactivating (unlinking) his Magicband from his "old" profile on My Disney Experience, and then linking it to his new profile.

Otherwise, you may have to sit on the phone awhile with the IT department to get the issue fixed. If you don't have time to sit on hold today, try calling in tomorrow the moment the phone lines open.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

worth a shot, thank you
Googling around, it looks like my intial suggestion might not work -- MagicBands can be deactivated and reactivated, but supposedly you can't reassign them to someone else (even to the same person under a different account/profile) without help from I.T.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Since you bought the tickets, and they haven't been used yet, you may be able to reassign them to the other "correct" profile.

First, change the name on the newer profile (the one with tickets and reservations) to something else so you can easily keep them straight. We'll say you change it to Mickey. That *should* change the name on all linked reservations.

Then, reassign the ticket from Mickey to son. (If this doesn't work, then you're stuck and will have to ignore the rest of the steps and call the Help Desk)
Then go into each hotel and dining reservation and change the guest from Mickey to son.

When you're done, Mickey's profile should be empty with no tickets or reservations linked to it and you can delete him. *However* if you have any MagicBands linked to Mickey, you won't be able to delete him, and you won't be able to move them to son's account. Help Desk would be required.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Initially all you had to do was update his age...

At this point try to reassign the ticket to his original account.
If that doesn't work then call Disney IT and explain the situation and they will likely either reassign the ticket or the magic band.

Upvote 0

DisneyfanMA

Of course the phones are busy off the hook and I can't reach anyone. Thanks
Sounds like Chapek's Disney. When fellow Disney casuals are mentioning to me how they've heard about how much Disney has fallen you know things are bad.....I'm sorry but that's just unacceptable for a company of Disney's profile to not answer customer calls. Add it to the list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom