Some things HAVEN'T changed when it comes to customer service...

VoiceGuy07

I love and I'm sure the cast members really enjoy the positive posts! It's so easy to call out the bad stuff because it really stands out. But it is awesome to see great guest stories!!

I_heart_Tigger

I love the positive stories...makes me look forward to my upcoming visit.

I have some great ones to share over my years of visiting WDW.

I was with my friend's family and their littlest boy got sick all over Daddy's back. (after Honey I shrunk...of all things) so we went to the washrooms near Canada for him to clean up. A Cdn, CM noticed us came up to me and asked what happened and after I explained he went to the Cdn gift shop and returned with shorts and a t-shirt that he gave to my friend.

One evening after returning to POR my sister, niece and I were greeted by a CM and asked how our day was. My niece said it was good except for when she lost her pirate princess Mickey ears. The CM said he would keep an eye out for lost ears and deliver them to our room if he found them...next day we had ears delivered with my niece's name on the back, which we didn't do originally. She loved her new one's even more (of course)

and...saving the best for last. I was in line checking into All-Star Music with my boyfriend when a family of about 12 people came in and started butting in front of us. My boyfriend calmly told them that there was a line up and they pretty much just laughed and ignored us (and yes they did speak English - it wasn't a language problem)

The CM at the desk motioned for us to come over and the family stated pushing their kids who ran up to the desk in front of us, pushing us aside. I told my boyfriend to just forget it and let them through and we waited until they were done checking in.

The CM apologized when we got to the desk and chatted with us...I told her it was my BF's 1st time to WDW. She asked us to wait a few minutes...talked to someone else (a manager I presume) they looked in the computer, made a phone call and told us that they were terribly sorry but that they simply didn't have a room available here at AS Music for us but there was a lovely room available at the Beach Club if we would like to take that for the same rate...that was an AWESOME surprise :sohappy:

Thorpyness

The thing is with great service like described, it's terribly prone to abuse. I've lost a hat on splash mountain before now, and had to spend mucho dollars replacing it. It's exactly what I would expect when I was daft enough to lose it. It has to be done enough so the magic spreads, but not enough that it becomes expected and therefore abused. Keep it special. You just need to keep the product consistant so nobody can complain, and then spread a little magic.

Can't contribute to a CM thread without commenting on my own story. When we missed an outbound airport connection because of the coach company changing things without telling us, Disney bell services at All Star Sports staff took it upon themselves to sort the matter out for us by ringing round the other pickups and the coach company until they'd got hold of the driver and he was coming back. We travel from England and had only a few dollars left as we were on our way out of the country. Without the guys on Bell Services we'd have been completely up the creek. I wish I'd taken their names, but we were a bit stressed at the time. We did walk straight into the gift shop and back out with a case of beer for them when they finished their shift though. I know to some people this means as much as their manager getting a compliment on their work.

jayhawkmickey

We had quite a few CMs who went out of their way to make our last visit wonderful. (nothing as special as these stories). It only took a moment to jot down time, location, and the great CMs names into my memo pad on my phone. When we got home a grateful email went out the next day which took no time at all. Please take the time to be thankful and not just critical.

Minnie1976

Great customer service. We have never had a problem, and they have always been great. I've read the complaints on here and people at work have told me their complaints, but when ever we have had a problem they have always dealt with it quickly. Recently I showed up early for my segway tour. I wasn't scheduled til 8:30, but they asked if I'd go on the 7:45 since I was there. Then they realized I would have been the 11th person and they only take 10. So they asked if I'd wait til they 8:30 which I was scheduled for. No problem since that was my scheduled time, but they lady gave me 4 fast passes for anytime. She certainly didn't have to do that because there was never any problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom