Some replies don't show up

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think certain areas of the forums restrict the ability of newer members to post replies. A way to reduce the numbers of spammers. Once you reach a certain threshold, that should go away.

nroon

Original Poster
Ah, thanks so much for the swift response. These forums have been a life-saver so far, glad to have found them!

71dsp

Any idea of how many posts you need to have? I still get a message that my replies are moderated. I don't have a ton of posts, but nevertheless it's a little frustrating.

alisonwonderlnd

I've made a couple replies where a screen pops up for a split second saying something about a "moderator", yet the post never shows up.

I'm not sure why, but if it's something that I'm doing wrong I'd like to know so I stop. :)

One post I've commented on twice is here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=817340

Thank you.

this has happened to me mannyyy times
mostly when "quotiong" someone with an earlier post
but not always

Tink ッ

I don't quite understand how this works. Because I've posted in a thread where my response show up immediately, and then next time I post in the same thread I get the post needs to be approved my a moderator message. What's up with that? And how long does it take before it gets approved?

Tink ッ

Sorry to double post, but I'm a bit disappointed here. Is there anyone who is actually running this site? I've posts that needs to be approved by a mod that's been made 4 days ago, and they're still not showing up, why haven't it been approved yet? And I still don't understand how I'm able to reply to a thread and then next time I reply in the same thread my reply has to be approved by a mod?

The Mom

Premium Member
I reviewed your posts, and approved them. You have created a problem by sometimes posting with only an image taken from another website, which comes across as a link to that website. The spam censor reads that as a spam post, so you are put on a "watch list" as a poster who may be a spammer.

I think the same thing happens when a new poster links to a photo storing website, rather than manually transferring the image from his/her computer.

Another trigger seems to be a new poster posting in the same forum multiple times within a certain time frame - which is frequently what a spammer does, so it is tagged.

Once you have been posting enough (I don't know the magic number, but all of you with complaints have less than 100 posts) this shouldn't happen anymore.

So my advice is to be careful about posting images or only posting in one forum/thread each time you log-in, for a while. Or just come back in here and let us know if it happens again - I don't know if my manually approving your posts removed your IP from the "list."

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I just have to ask....what IS that character after the "k" in Tink ?

To me it looks like a rectangle with 30 and C3 inside. What is that?

KAE2008

I reviewed your posts, and approved them. You have created a problem by sometimes posting with only an image taken from another website, which comes across as a link to that website. The spam censor reads that as a spam post, so you are put on a "watch list" as a poster who may be a spammer.

I think the same thing happens when a new poster links to a photo storing website, rather than manually transferring the image from his/her computer.

Another trigger seems to be a new poster posting in the same forum multiple times within a certain time frame - which is frequently what a spammer does, so it is tagged.

Once you have been posting enough (I don't know the magic number, but all of you with complaints have less than 100 posts) this shouldn't happen anymore.

So my advice is to be careful about posting images or only posting in one forum/thread each time you log-in, for a while. Or just come back in here and let us know if it happens again - I don't know if my manually approving your posts removed your IP from the "list."

Thank you for the info!
I'm having the same issue. When I first joined I was able to post photos with a free photobucket account - until I ran out of "bandwidth". :mad: :zipit:
Now I'm on the "banned from posting photos" list.
I've since switched to my Flickr account but can't post anything from there.
Once I've reached the magic number of posts (over 100?) will all my "pending approval" posts will come flooding into the forums? (I have over 5 at this point)
I'm also wondering if I'll have the same "bandwidth" issues with a free Flickr account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom