Some quick thoughts from my trip yesterday

Hatbox Ghostbuster

This reminds me I haven’t been in the top deck of Hungry Bear in a few years. It’s weird being an AP and making a statement like that. That sounds like a nice idea. I think I’ll do that next time.
Make you you go all the way towards the SWL entrance. It was seriously just us, and some dude on a laptop.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think the crowds were because of Wondercon, i went on Saturday saw that hoards of people were crossing from the convention center and going into Disney property via the old southern timon lot and decided i would head over to Knotts instead and have some more boysenberry treats.

I also hate that so many trees and full grown landscaping is just being shredded. Those gorgeous large trees should have been dug out and boxed and saved for later use. Such a waste of perfectly nice full grown trees that could and should be saved. I know some trees don't like being moved but most of those can.

Oh shoot you re probably could right. I had no idea what that was or that it was even Anaheim. I don’t notice any people dressed up though. I have to go back during blackouts one more time and see what this bliss is all about.

Axoman

2. Max Pass is the double edged sword of double edged swords. It’s super convenient and allowed us to do everything we wanted to but it comes At the expense of having your head buried in your phone all day. I don’t think the parks were meant to be experienced that way. Of course only my head was buried in my phone because I bought everyone’s MaxPass and linked their tickets on my phone.

I wanted to add to this from my recent trip early February. We bought MaxPass for one day of our multi-day trip. It was very nice to have that day, but it was easy to see first hand how much the fastpass line slows down the standby line. Nearly every cast member just lets the fastpass people right on through, while standby just waits. While in line for RSR, I had a good 5 minutes where I was able to observe the merge point of fastpass, single rider and standby lines. I think only one group of standby people were allowed to pass during that time, while numerous fastpass and single riders did. The people at the front of the standby line were visibly frustrated and irritated with their lack of movement.

They really need to limit the number of fastpasses issued or increase the ratio of standby people to fastpass.

westie

I wanted to add to this from my recent trip early February. We bought MaxPass for one day of our multi-day trip. It was very nice to have that day, but it was easy to see first hand how much the fastpass line slows down the standby line. Nearly every cast member just lets the fastpass people right on through, while standby just waits. While in line for RSR, I had a good 5 minutes where I was able to observe the merge point of fastpass, single rider and standby lines. I think only one group of standby people were allowed to pass during that time, while numerous fastpass and single riders did. The people at the front of the standby line were visibly frustrated and irritated with their lack of movement.

They really need to limit the number of fastpasses issued or increase the ratio of standby people to fastpass.

The Mrs. and I walked up to Midway Mania and the line was half full so we figured 20-30 minutes. Same deal as you, every FP was let in while our "commoner" line was made to wait. Even when there was no one left in the FP line! So what should have been a 20-30 minute wait took an hour. (Insert creative vocabulary)

Phroobar

The Mrs. and I walked up to Midway Mania and the line was half full so we figured 20-30 minutes. Same deal as you, every FP was let in while our "commoner" line was made to wait. Even when there was no one left in the FP line! So what should have been a 20-30 minute wait took an hour. (Insert creative vocabulary)
That's because it is completely subject to the whims of the CM. Sometimes they are just not paying attention to how long they make the stand by wait.

Miceberg

1. The M&F security/bag check situation is hilariously bad.

I went on Monday & Tuesday. Monday, the bag check at the main entrance plaza was no better. I timed it for kicks - was in line for 45 minutes with no bags to check. They had one out of two metal detectors working at each station. Tuesday I went through bag check next to the Disneyland Hotel and walked through with no wait.

I think the crowds were because of Wondercon, i went on Saturday saw that hoards of people were crossing from the convention center and going into Disney property

It was pretty crowded on Monday and Tuesday compared to last year Spring Break.

James Clifton

Trees,I miss the trees they use to have in front of the Castle at WDW!The castle at WDW ...with the addition making it bigger SUCKS!I miss the way it use to be!Security at WDW....I was stopped & wanded at "EVERY"Park entrance (supposed to be random)!Last time was at Hollywood Studios...I said ya'll can do this all day & it's not a problem, just why me every time? Wander smiled & said...look at the hat you are wearing! I said,You have to be kidding me!She smiled & shook her head...I was wearing my NRA member hat!!
Jim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom