Some Questions about DLR.

djmatthews

Original Poster
Hi There

After a lot of debating about a holiday, myself and my other half are thinking of taking a trip to the USA to take advantage of the exchange rate. We are planning flying into Vegas, and then go to San Francisco and ending our holiday in L.A. visiting of course Disneyland.

We will probably be looking to be in L.A. around the 19th - 23rd of April.

I would be great if someone could help answer some questions, I don't know an awful lot about Disneyland.

*What will the crowds be like at this time?
*Realistically how many days will we need for both parks?
*Is there a way to get a good deal on a Disney Hotel, or what other hotels are recommended?
*ToT opens in May, are there chances of soft openings around this time?
*Any other tips or web links would be great.

Many Thanks in advance.

imagineer boy

- The crowds will probably be about an average amount at that time.

-For both of the parks, I'd say 3 days. Although, you really don't wanna miss out on the rest of L.A. You're gonna wanna see Hollywood, the beach, a few movie studios, ect. For all of that, I'd give a week.

-The hotel I'd reccomend would be..... Probably the Disneyland Hotel with its great pool, and short walk to DTD.

-It's very possible that TOT will have soft openings in April because right now, besides a few minor touches, TOT is ready to go.

-links: http://www.mouseinfo.com/

Have a great trip. Be SURE to ride the Indiana Jones Adventure. By the time you ride it, it will be out of its rehab and should look great! Have a great trip!
:wave:

RU42

Originally posted by djmatthews
Hi There

After a lot of debating about a holiday, myself and my other half are thinking of taking a trip to the USA to take advantage of the exchange rate. We are planning flying into Vegas, and then go to San Francisco and ending our holiday in L.A. visiting of course Disneyland.

We will probably be looking to be in L.A. around the 19th - 23rd of April.

I would be great if someone could help answer some questions, I don't know an awful lot about Disneyland.

*What will the crowds be like at this time?
*Realistically how many days will we need for both parks?
*Is there a way to get a good deal on a Disney Hotel, or what other hotels are recommended?
*ToT opens in May, are there chances of soft openings around this time?
*Any other tips or web links would be great.

Many Thanks in advance.

1 - Crowds will not be too bad. You are coming just after Spring Break, so the kiddies will be back in school. You should like the crowds.

2 - 2 to 3 days; depending on midweek vs weekend. I would almost suggest Wed-Fri so you can catch Fantasmic on Friday. Also Sun-Tue would work. It is possible you could do 2 days but if you are here, you should shoot for the whole works.

3 - I am not sure about the hotels; maybe another visitor out here can answer that better.

4 - ToT will not have soft openings. Why can I say that with a certainty; because they are having a special event on 4/23. Disney is selling the rights to be one of the first to ride the ToT. They have dinners, hotel packages, and other goodies involved. If you got the cash, might be a good thing to do. I notice you are leaving on 4/23. If you can change your dates by 1 day - you could be involved. Follow this link for more info:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=T...d&selm=b%ZWb.15839$IF1.8180@fed1read01&rnum=1

5 - Other tips - see many of the threads in this forum - look for the ones that say something like - my first trip - or like subject lines.

Let me know if you have any questions.

RU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom