Some Last Minute Questions

MouseCrazy

Leaving for WDW on 1/2 (hooray hooray hooray) but I have a couple questions ... that have probably been answered a thousand times on this site, but I am just too impatient to search :D

1) I am assuming crowds will be relatively low after the weekend ... yes?

2) Besides Splash Mountain, are there any other rides closed 1/2-1/10?

3) Are the wait times for Toy Story still awful?

4) I am looking for some VERY inexpensive "little somethings" to bring back for 10 children. Any great souvenier suggestions?? We are talking mega-cheap here :animwink:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Crowds taper off after New Year's. By the tenth they will be comparatively wonderful. That said, there are no real slow times any more.

Refurbs that coincide with your visit:

Jan 07, 2009 - Jan 07, 2009 Dumbo the Flying Elephant closed for refurbishment.
Jan 06, 2009 - Jan 20, 2009 Dream Along With Mickey closed for refurbishment.
Jan 05, 2009 - Apr 15, 2009 Beach Club Stormalong Bay Pool refurbishment
Jan 05, 2009 - Mar 22, 2009 Ellen's Energy Adventure closed for refurbishment.
Jan 05, 2009 - Apr 15, 2009 Yacht Club Stormalong Bay Pool refurbishment
Jan 04, 2009 - Jan 19, 2009 Heritage House closed for refurbishment.
Jan 04, 2009 - Jan 17, 2009 Splash Mountain closed for refurbishment.
Jan 04, 2009 - Feb 28, 2009 Studio Backlot Tour will be closed for refurbishment.
Nov 01, 2008 - Jul 01, 2009 The Hall Of Presidents closed for refurbishment.
Sep 22, 2008 - Jan 11, 2009 Frontierland Fry Cart closed for refurbishment.

Toy Story Midway Mania has some long wait times, but a lot of people are saying they've been on 3 or 4 times in a day.

Inexpensive little somethings are hard to find at WDW. Not sure I can help you there. There is a store at DTD:

Mickey's Mart - "Everything Ten Dollars and Under"
Grab the perfect gift for friends and family in this exciting new store, a unique boutique that features Surprise Grab Bags and Items of the Week.

Upvote 0

Rabflmom

Leaving for WDW on 1/2 (hooray hooray hooray) but I have a couple questions ... that have probably been answered a thousand times on this site, but I am just too impatient to search :D

1) I am assuming crowds will be relatively low after the weekend ... yes?

2) Besides Splash Mountain, are there any other rides closed 1/2-1/10?

3) Are the wait times for Toy Story still awful?

4) I am looking for some VERY inexpensive "little somethings" to bring back for 10 children. Any great souvenier suggestions?? We are talking mega-cheap here :animwink:

1. definitely less crowded.
2. there is a site to check but not sure where it is at-do a search for park ride closings and something should come up
3. Still long lines but sometimes when it says 60 minutes the time is really a lot less. Our policy is don't wait if the line is outside the door. Anything in the building is usually a little shorter than time posted.
4. Head to Down Town Disney to shop. We got some really good sales before Christmas. They might still be having the sale. We actually bought a lot of our Christmas presents from the stores there because of the sales.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom