Some helpful Fastpass+ tips you might not know about

cw1982

If your goal is to get through the first 3 fast then definitely put TSMM. I'm not sure when you're going but last week TOT wait was a constant 20 minutes all day so you may very well find you won't always even need FP for certain rides.

We're going the first week of June. Our HS day is that Monday, 6/2... while it's June at WDW, I almost wonder if the fact that many people will get their HS fix during SWW Friday-Sunday may work in our favor for this particular day.

I honestly can't think of anything else I'd rather use that FP for, though... so even if we don't need it I may as well burn it there lol. My other tier 2 is Star Tours... without using a FP for a show, can you think of anything else that would be a better use of that pass?

I went ahead and switched it up. It's now TSMM at 12:20, ToT at 1:20, and then Star Tours is currently at 4:25 because we have lunch ADR's at Scifi at 2:50, and I didn't want to risk having lunch run late and missing our time slot. But, if we can get through ToT right after TSMM, then I'll easily move up Star Tours as well and be able to start getting extra passes for after lunch (hopefully).

ETA: I just updated my itinerary in Touring Plans lol. Touring Plans doesn't think I'll have to wait more than 30-35 minutes for RnRC if we wait until about 9:00 or so to ride it, and that's without a FP. I don't plan to follow our plans on there down to the minute, but I did plug in some numbers on that site just to see how realistic our goals were for each day.

Also, I was a little shocked to see that I had no trouble changing my TSMM to earlier than my original plan, seeing as how there were posts a few weeks ago about that ride being hard to get when one gets within a month of their trip. Looked like plenty of times were open as of now for three weeks from today :)

Last edited:

Rob562

Also, I was a little shocked to see that I had no trouble changing my TSMM to earlier than my original plan, seeing as how there were posts a few weeks ago about that ride being hard to get when one gets within a month of their trip. Looked like plenty of times were open as of now for three weeks from today :)

I just went online (7:40pm ET) and was able to see availability for TSMM for tomorrow (5/13). I'm sure times are limited, but there's still availability.

-Rob

cw1982

I just went online (7:40pm ET) and was able to see availability for TSMM for tomorrow (5/13). I'm sure times are limited, but there's still availability.

-Rob

Oh I'm sure that as my trip approaches times will be less and less available. I was just pleasantly surprised by my options at three weeks out for this particular ride because others had said they were going quickly once the 30 day window began for the spring breakers. When I logged in I was able to take my pick of any time I wanted... didn't look like they were anywhere near full based on what times I could see.

I know that doesn't reflect how many passes per slot are available, but still...

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
I hope they rethink the 4th FP+. That does seem to punish people who choose a ride late in the day or, worse yet, the nighttime shows. It would make more sense to just let people pick another pass when they get to the park. Or better yet, make it a refillable slot where you can keep choosing an extra ride after you have used it, kind of like the old paper system.
The biggest change that I think is needed, is you should not be forced to have three initial Fastpasses, but rather, up to three. So if you only want Test Track, you aren't forced to also schedule two Fastpasses (which are probably for rides with little to no wait anyway) that you either have to use, meaning riding that ride at a specific time, or let expire.

By being forced to have three selections, the system has to find room for all three, meaning the attraction you want most may not be at the best possible time if it means the other two can't also be scheduled. Allowing you to choose one at a time, and up to three, would allow for choosing the best time for your most desired ride first, followed by second most, followed by third, etc.

Alternatively, if you go to another park but have remaining, un-expired Fastpasses at your previous park, the kiosk should let you schedule your new Fastpass anyway, but with a promp that warns you that your remaining, unredeemed Fastpasses will be cancelled and deleted.

JohnD

I read on another forum that AFTER you select your 4th FastPass (or next one in the series after the first three) from the kiosk, you can modify it on your mobile device (i.e. change experience or time). But you can only choose your next experience from the kiosk. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

cw1982

I read on another forum that AFTER you select your 4th FastPass (or next one in the series after the first three) from the kiosk, you can modify it on your mobile device (i.e. change experience or time). But you can only choose your next experience from the kiosk. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

I have heard this too.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
That is correct. After visiting a kiosk to add your additional Fastpass, you can once again change your time or attraction (tiers will once again apply), based on availability, on your mobile device.

If you are in MK and you use your 3 FP's and you want your 4th FP for Rock&Rollercoaster can you make your FP at the kios in MK or do you have to wait until you get into the Hollywood Studios to get it?

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
If you are in MK and you use your 3 FP's and you want your 4th FP for Rock&Rollercoaster can you make your FP at the kios in MK or do you have to wait until you get into the Hollywood Studios to get it?
Currently you would have to wait until you get to Hollywood Studios to do it.

Weather_Lady

I would add to the Tip List:

~ Fastpasses for attractions are honored (Mickey will turn green) from 5 minutes before the designated "start time" to 15 minutes after the designated "end time."

lebeau

~ Fastpasses for attractions are honored (Mickey will turn green) from 5 minutes before the designated "start time" to 15 minutes after the designated "end time."

There was a time recently when that was apparently not the case. I heard from several people a few weeks ago who were not admitted even a minute early. But from my understanding, it is supposed to work the way you described. Not sure why it was turned off briefly.

JohnD

I can confirm it's 5 minutes early. My party arrived about 10 minutes prior to our FP+ for Maelstrom. We were asked to come back 5 minutes later, so we browsed the gift shop next door. Came back 5 minutes later and walked right on.

Weather_Lady

There was a time recently when that was apparently not the case. I heard from several people a few weeks ago who were not admitted even a minute early. But from my understanding, it is supposed to work the way you described. Not sure why it was turned off briefly.

Hmmm... I don't know why they were turned off either, but if nothing else I can confirm that the "grace periods" were in place during our visit: we made use of them nearly every day (5/4-5/10).

lebeau

Hmmm... I don't know why they were turned off either, but if nothing else I can confirm that the "grace periods" were in place during our visit: we made use of them nearly every day (5/4-5/10).

Yeah, my info is second hand. So I wouldn't swear to it under oath or anything. But 3-4 weeks ago there was a thread about this and a few people all claimed to have been denied entry even a minute early. When they brought up the grace period, they were not given any answer and just told to wait at the FP entry until their time.

Weird. But glad to hear it is working as planned again.

cw1982

Yeah, my info is second hand. So I wouldn't swear to it under oath or anything. But 3-4 weeks ago there was a thread about this and a few people all claimed to have been denied entry even a minute early. When they brought up the grace period, they were not given any answer and just told to wait at the FP entry until their time.

Weird. But glad to hear it is working as planned again.

I remember reading something on here somewhere about the five minute before rule not working a few weeks ago... I don't remember the thread, but I do remember reading that. Maybe it was some kind of glitch with the new role out? Or maybe they just added it back in recently? Who knows... but I remember hearing that it wasn't working for a while as well. Glad to hear that has changed.

Furiated

I can confirm it's 5 minutes early. My party arrived about 10 minutes prior to our FP+ for Maelstrom. We were asked to come back 5 minutes later, so we browsed the gift shop next door. Came back 5 minutes later and walked right on.

I can confirm as well, tried it on Star Tours this morning and got in 5 minutes early.

The FP+ bottleneck for Star Tours is still insane. Line all the way back past the Indy cart, almost around the corner to Indy itself. CM has to stand at the end of the line with a sign.

cw1982

I can confirm as well, tried it on Star Tours this morning and got in 5 minutes early.

The FP+ bottleneck for Star Tours is still insane. Line all the way back past the Indy cart, almost around the corner to Indy itself. CM has to stand at the end of the line with a sign.

What do you mean by FP+ bottleneck? Do you mean that the stand by queue is backed up thanks to FP+, or is the FP+ line not moving very well?

Furiated

What do you mean by FP+ bottleneck? Do you mean that the stand by queue is backed up thanks to FP+, or is the FP+ line not moving very well?

The FP+ line to get through the first set of touch points. The FP line backs up really badly, there have been pictures on here and on Twitter of how bad it is. Once you are through the first set of touch points, there's not much of a line inside on the FP side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom