Some DisneyLAND news!

Imagine20

Original Poster
Good news from the Disneyland website:
Of course, its hard to tell if this is 100% correct...
If you go to the Disneyland website, and check the rehab schedules, it says that Snow White- an Enchanting Musical ( the new show at the Fantasyland theater) should begin February 23rd. In addition, it also says that Big Thunder Mountain should reopen March 4th! Sounds good to me...it will be interesting when BTMR reopens...

xfkirsten

Yup, the new Fantasyland Theater show has already been announced as opening Feb. 23, that is official. :)

As for the Big Thunder Mountain rumor, a DL CM pointed that out a couple of weeks ago over at IWest... Theroetically, that could be true. I'm sure DL is scurrying to get that open, with the loss of Indy later this month, and the ongoing closure of Space Mtn. With the crowds they've had this year, they need as many E-tickets open as possible. As far as getting Big Thunder Mtn. reopened, it's just a matter of how long it's gonna take to retrain everyone, and it seems feasible to me to have that done by March 4... then again, there was another update at IWest yesterday with the latest refurb schedules, though March, that still listed BTM's reopening as TBD.

-Kirsten

Covnut

For CMs it still says TBD but it has been rumored through managers March 15th however the site says March 4th. Snow Whites theater looks awesome though! I cannot wait.

xfkirsten

I can't wait to see it, either! I figured out that I can get to DL in time for the first show on the first day! Yay! Will definitely have video camera in hand.

-Kirsten

BRER STITCH

Do they have "previews" of the live shows before the actual "opening day" like they do for attractions?? Sort of like a Dress Rehearsal???

8 days and counting til I head West to DL!!!

:sohappy:

Imagine20

Original Poster
I realize im responding to my own post but whatever--
I have a question- I was at Disneyland this summer and noticed the Fantasyland theater. It was kind of creepy in that closed theme park attraction kind of way, and I was just wondering what the history of that theater was. What was there before, or how old is it?

xfkirsten

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Do they have "previews" of the live shows before the actual "opening day" like they do for attractions?? Sort of like a Dress Rehearsal???

8 days and counting til I head West to DL!!!

:sohappy:

Not that I've heard, although apparently there is a showing of the musical at the Valentine's Day Event... but I'm not paying the $200-some-odd bucks for a ticket to that. :p

Originally posted by imagine20
I have a question- I was at Disneyland this summer and noticed the Fantasyland theater. It was kind of creepy in that closed theme park attraction kind of way, and I was just wondering what the history of that theater was. What was there before, or how old is it?

As far as I know, that's been a theater for a long time. It's gone throgh a variety of shows, including Animazement, Mickey's Detective School, and their Christmas show in 2001.

-Kirsten

LoriMistress

Also, they are closing SM to fix it for their 50th anneversery. They are going to change the color back to white, instead of the copper color.

xfkirsten

Yup, it's been down for months already, and the transition back to white is well underway. Rumor has it they won't be done in time for the day of the 50th, though. Sounds like Nov. 05 is the current projected reopening.

I did some checking on the Fantasyland Theater, it was built around 1998 or so, and before that there was a more open-air stage there.

Also, DL IS getting Buzz Lightyear, in the old Circlevision building. Construction is well underway. It's not official, but a CM over at IWest has been inside there before and seen it for himeself. :)

-Kirsten

stranger

Originally posted by Imagine20

The theatre was built in the mid 80's for shows during the day and during the night it became a night club with huge monitors, lights and music (sometimes live bands). Back then it was known as Videopolis.
I don't remember it all too well because I was only around 5 when it was built, but my parents loved it. My mom loved to dance back in the day. :cool:

xfkirsten

Originally posted by stranger
The theatre was built in the mid 80's for shows during the day and during the night it became a night club with huge monitors, lights and music (sometimes live bands). Back then it was known as Videopolis.
I don't remember it all too well because I was only around 5 when it was built, but my parents loved it. My mom loved to dance back in the day. :cool:

Okay, so then I think the Videopolis stage must be what it was before it became a more enclosed theater. Kinda remember Videopolis, but I was like 10 on that trip (Oct 1991).

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom