Some Boardwalk Questions

captainkidd

Hey all, hoping you can answer a couple of questions I have about the Boardwalk.

1.Where exactly are the Boardwalk View 1 bedroom villas on the Boardwalk?

2.Does the Inn have the long hallways that are well known at the Villas?

3.Where are the standard view villas located, and are there any closer to the elevators? Also, what is the view of?

4.In your personal opinion, is the standard view so bad that it's worth an additional $1,000 for a preferred view for 11 nights?

Thanks so much!

DebbieL

1) If you're standing on the Boardwalk facing the BWV, Boardwalk view rooms start at the last room above the Village Green (the grassy common area between the Villas and the Inn) and go all the way down to Jellyrolls. Note that while the last room above the Village Green is classified as Boardwalk view, it really only has a partial Boardwalk view since it's before the 'bend' of the Boardwalk.

2) The Boardwalk Inn does have long hallways, but not as long as the Villas.

3) Standard view rooms face the parking lot and the porte cachere. Some standard view rooms are close the elevators, and some are further out (depends on where along that hallway your room is located).

4) Preferred views are not the same as Boardwalk views. Preferred views can be of either of the pools, the Swan/Dolphin, the canal leading down to DHS, or landscaping. Is a preferred view worth roughly $100 extra per night? For me, no, but talk to somebody else, and you'll get a different answer. If it were $100 per night extra for a Boardwalk view, I would say yes in a heartbeat. Really, this question is a trade-off. Would you rather have the better view and a bit noisier room (in my experience, preferred rooms tend to be noisier than standard view rooms), or a lesser view (facing the parking lot) and quieter location?

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
1) If you're standing on the Boardwalk facing the BWV, Boardwalk view rooms start at the last room above the Village Green (the grassy common area between the Villas and the Inn) and go all the way down to Jellyrolls. Note that while the last room above the Village Green is classified as Boardwalk view, it really only has a partial Boardwalk view since it's before the 'bend' of the Boardwalk.

Interesting. So by that measure, the Boardwalk Views are probably better at the Inn than the Villas, as that's where the majority of the action takes place, correct? Plus, you would have a more direct view of Crescent Lake from the BW View rooms at the Inn than at the Villas. Does that sound right as well?

Upvote 0

riverscu0m0

We stayed in a boardwalk view room at the inn, right above the bakery it was beautiful we looked right out onto the water. It was quite a lengthy walk to our room though and I got lost a lot. The only thing was, in the morning when they start preparing for the day by power washing the boardwalk it's pretty loud and the boats blow their horns. Also, if you have little ones it gets pretty loud at night since there's so much commotion but it dies down around 10:00. Overall, I would really like to stay there again with that view it was nice to eat breakfast outside in the mornings to that view.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

Preferred views are not the same as Boardwalk views. Preferred views can be of either of the pools, the Swan/Dolphin, the canal leading down to DHS, or landscaping.
Is a preferred view worth roughly $100 extra per night? For me, no
If it were $100 per night extra for a Boardwalk view, I would say yes in a heartbeat.

Agree 100%.

Upvote 0

sarajo

We had a garden view room 2 years ago- overlooked the quiet pool... best room we've ever had on property. Close to the action, but the room was quiet. People on the other side of the hall were talking about the boat horns and Boardwalk action until wee hours of the morning... but we didn't experience any of that!

Upvote 0

DebbieL

IMHO, Boardwalk views are better from the Villas side than the Inn side. If staying on the Inn side, you see the Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin. If staying on the Villas side, you see Yacht/Beach Club and Epcot. Because of that Epcot view, I think the view from the Villas side is better; you get an Illuminations view from the Villas side, but not the Inn side.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom