Solution for AP going with non-APs with pre-purchased Genie+ Tickets

KCheatle

Original Poster
I am in WDW now and came across a genie+ issue, and I wanted to pass along my resolution in case others have the same issue.

The scenario is that I am an AP, but my family members are not. When I bought their tickets, I bought them with the genie+ option already included (one more thing I can pay ahead I guess🤷🏻‍♀️). Well, that causes issues on the day of booking genie+ lightning lanes because the online system does not register that the AP doesn’t already have genie+, and APs cannot pre-purchase before the day of ☹️

What happens is you get to 7am, try to book lightning lanes as a group and it stops you because the AP still needs to buy it. Then in the process or purchasing you miss out on the coveted times or rides.

Here are two possible solutions: (1) if you are already in this scenario (AP going with people who have pre-purchased genie+ on their tickets), then on the morning of your park day you need to call Disney tech support prior to 7am (I called at 6:30 am today for example) at (407) 939-4357 and they will add genie+ for the AP on their end. I was then able to book with my party with no problems right at 7am. Or (2), don’t pre-add genie+ to the tickets. Then everyone in the party can add it starting at midnight the day off, including the AP, and you can then all book at 7am. Hope this makes sense and is helpful!!

RememberWhen

I’m an AP and traveled with my sister and her daughter with day tickets. We just added Genie+ to me and my mom (both AP) around 6:30 when we got up. Easy peasy. Then we had no problem at 7am. We didn’t need to call anyone, we added genie+ in the app.

KCheatle

Original Poster
I’m an AP and traveled with my sister and her daughter with day tickets. We just added Genie+ to me and my mom (both AP) around 6:30 when we got up. Easy peasy. Then we had no problem at 7am. We didn’t need to call anyone, we added genie+ in the app.
This applies if you are grouped and the rest of the group members have pre-purchased genie+

RememberWhen

This applies if you are grouped and the rest of the group members have pre-purchased genie+
I’m not sure what you mean by “grouped.” We are linked “friends and family” with my family members. I assume if you’re planning genie+ options with someone you’re probably also linked as a family/friend with them?

MickeyLuv'r

People who buy regular park tickets can buy G+ for all days of their ticket at the time they buy tickets. So that's where there is an issue. when part of the group has pre-bought G+ and part of the group is AP holders.) Since your group ALL bought G+ each AM, you were okay.

RememberWhen

People who buy regular park tickets can buy G+ for all days of their ticket at the time they buy tickets. So that's where there is an issue. when part of the group has pre-bought G+ and part of the group is AP holders.) Since your group ALL bought G+ each AM, you were okay.
No, my sister and her daughter bought day tickets with genie+ attached. They pre-bought them. My mom, my daughter and I have APs and added genie+ the morning of. No problems. You don’t have to wait until 7 to buy genie+.

MickeyLuv'r

No, my sister and her daughter bought day tickets with genie+ attached. They pre-bought them. My mom, my daughter and I have APs and added genie+ the morning of. No problems. You don’t have to wait until 7 to buy genie+.
Huh, well that's interesting that you had no issues doing this, but another poster appeared to have run into a glitch.

I have not run into this myself, but I read about it on another forum. As I said, it occurred when part of the group was AP but the rest of the group bought regular admission park tickets with G+ included.

Perhaps WDW has fixed the glitch, or perhaps there was some other factor that made the difference.

Either way, I appreciate the information OP provided.

RememberWhen

Huh, well that's interesting that you had no issues doing this, but another poster appeared to have run into a glitch.

I have not run into this myself, but I read about it on another forum. As I said, it occurred when part of the group was AP but the rest of the group bought regular admission park tickets with G+ included.

Perhaps WDW has fixed the glitch, or perhaps there was some other factor that made the difference.

Either way, I appreciate the information OP provided.
Or maybe we just lucked into it being no problem. Disney IT is a mess, so sometimes it’s a “glitch” when things work the way you think they should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom