Soldout on 1stFeb06, over 1000 guests unable to get in

HKDisneyland

Original Poster
Tickets soldout on 1st Feb, 2006.

Around 11:30am, HKDL announced that tickets are soldout and they closed the gate. over 1,000 people (with prepurchased tickets) could not get in. They were very upset and some people were trying to climb over the gate. Policemen were called in to maintain order outside the park.

Around 3:30pm, HKDL opened the gate again. (about a few hundred people) those refused to leave and remained outside the park were allowed to get in the park.
<!-- / message -->

RonAnnArbor

This is standard procedure and WDW Magic Kingdom has used this method in the past...ironically...would this be the problem at Disneyland Paris who would LOVE to have a day that was too full...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hong Kong is currently innundated with people... It's Chinese new year and they celebrate for a number of days.

I'm not sure how well or poorly HKDL is doing normally, but this week wouldn't be considered normal by any stretch of the imagination. I have a friend who just returned today from Hong Kong that said it was wild!

Tim G

MontyMon said:
Hong Kong is currently innundated with people... It's Chinese new year and they celebrate for a number of days.

I'm not sure how well or poorly HKDL is doing normally, but this week wouldn't be considered normal by any stretch of the imagination. I have a friend who just returned today from Hong Kong that said it was wild!
It always has been that way from the start...

SpaceMountainUK

RonAnnArbor said:
This is standard procedure and WDW Magic Kingdom has used this method in the past...ironically...would this be the problem at Disneyland Paris who would LOVE to have a day that was too full...

Disneyland Paris gets rediculously busy on weekends, and during the many festivals they have all year. I visted during the Christmas period and the park was so busy that the lines for most rides where 120+mins

RonAnnArbor

I didn't say they didn't get crowded - they have never had to close down their gate to wait for people to leave before others enter. By Disney standards, that is not overcrowded. I've been to DLP a dozen times, although I must admit none of them have ever been crowded (although I have never been on a weekend)

Wendell

I have been to both the Florida and California parks many times during the holidays over the past 20 years.

Truthfully, there have been a few times where these parks have reached capacity as well and people were indeed turned away as a result.

However, while many were disappointed, I have never ever witnessed people/parents attempting to throw or pass their children over the gates while others rioted or screamed around them. I could never think of endangering my kids this way.

As I've stated before, these people are different in an extreme type of way that many Americans and other foreigners would find extremely uncouth.

Take my word for it, you have to see it for yourself.

Wendell

PS. The good news is that this place won't be going out of business anytime soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom