Sold out resorts

Crunchie9

Seems like a busy place in December. I am trying to change the dates on my trip a week earlier, yet here we are…

sold out.

Crunchie9

Its more likely Disney giving the appearance of being sold out.
Keep checking daily. My dates in November were "sold out" and then available a number of times in the past few months.
I will do, its just not very transparent like airlines are. I wish I could see a heat map of availability when trying to book. I have even started to look into DVC rentals because the price point is pretty much on par for what I am looking for..

I almost want to buy dvc points, use them once and then resell them again. I dont know if that is financially wise though.

nickys

Premium Member
I will do, its just not very transparent like airlines are. I wish I could see a heat map of availability when trying to book. I have even started to look into DVC rentals because the price point is pretty much on par for what I am looking for..

I almost want to buy dvc points, use them once and then resell them again. I dont know if that is financially wise though.
You are unlikely to find a DVC rental for three months away. October through to race weekend in January is peak time for DVC and this year it’s even busier, thanks to all the surplus points.

Crunchie9

You are unlikely to find a DVC rental for three months away. October through to race weekend in January is peak time for DVC and this year it’s even busier, thanks to all the surplus points.
Split stays could be an option. Not directed souly to you, but how easy is it to move hotels half way through a trip?

Raxel7851

Seems like a busy place in December. I am trying to change the dates on my trip a week earlier, yet here we are…

sold out.
I’ve tried to change dates a couple of times on the WDW site, and it showed No Availability. I’ve called WDW reservations, and sometimes you get lucky speaking with a person who can check availability in real time. Just a thought in case the other option failed.

nickys

Premium Member
Split stays could be an option. Not directed souly to you, but how easy is it to move hotels half way through a trip?
Disney will move your luggage for you, but it’s done centrally so they usually won’t get to your new resort until after 4pm and often later. You can either collect them or call Bell Services to bring them up when you get to your new room.

You’ll need to,plan for being “room-less” for the middle part of the day - so make sure you take medications with you.

You also need to book it as two reservations, cannot be a single package for example. You’ll have two separate ADR windows (assuming just one move).

DISR

Does anyone have any insight into how much room inventory is currently offline? I can't say I have done a comprehensive search of all dates, but pretty much every date I have checked from Oct - Dec is very limited to zero availability. I understand that Food and Wine, Halloween, races, and other events are driving up demand, but this seems outside of the norm, even for Disney. If demand and occupancy are really this high, it would seem like strong incentive to get as many rooms online as possible. I know staffing continues to be a challenge though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its more likely Disney giving the appearance of being sold out.
Keep checking daily. My dates in November were "sold out" and then available a number of times in the past few months.

Does anyone have any insight into how much room inventory is currently offline? I can't say I have done a comprehensive search of all dates, but pretty much every date I have checked from Oct - Dec is very limited to zero availability. I understand that Food and Wine, Halloween, races, and other events are driving up demand, but this seems outside of the norm, even for Disney. If demand and occupancy are really this high, it would seem like strong incentive to get as many rooms online as possible. I know staffing continues to be a challenge though.
I was speaking to some people at DAKL (grain of salt) and they said that occupancy is very low…the kind of level they wouldn’t really want to be known.
2002 levels.

they blame staffing which I’m sure is an issue. But the market isn’t pushing them to solve that very quickly either.

walk ons on Labor Day itself is a bit of a hell weather. That has never happened before. Not once.

Hcalvert

I booked my DVC rental back in early May and even then the only resort that had full availability for a studio was OKW. I booked Dec. 18-27. There were some confirmed reservations available, but the prices were astronomical due to it being Christmas week. I was able to get someone who didn't care about the dates, just the number of points rented at $17pp, which is not always the case. Good luck.

cmp1976

We are going the first week in October and for the longest time there was very little available. Now for our dates there seems to be a lot of availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom