Sold out october 13-15,2018

Orangeanna

Original Poster
My husband and I often make last minute trips to stay at "Mickeys hotel" with our two young kids. It's getting harder to get rooms but just today I found every resort and room sold out. How is this possible? I'm thinking because we're passholders it's only bringing up "special offers". I don't even care, just want the room. Preferably a moderate resort. Our dates were Oct. 13-15, 2018 or even just October 14th. I tried that too. What is going on? Isn't it slow season, whatever that means anymore. I also tried google, still nothing in POR or POFQ. All values, all deluxe, everything gone. Any advice?, other than plan way ahead.

The Pho

A large portion of Disney hotels and nearby hotels are fully booked that time every year for the Gartner conference at the Dolphin. Something like 20-30 thousand people, plus their families tagging along.

We do short term trips all the time, sometimes booking the night before. This conference is the only time we have trouble finding a room.

Last edited:

Ponderer

Yeah, I got a good rate booking last December for a trip this year to WL, 10/22-30, but couldn't get a whole lot of anything for the Oct 13 period, which sort of sucked because that's my actual birthday. But the conference was definitely the culprit - things opened up right after.

joejccva71

I must be blind as a bat. I don't see any openings at all for any value resort from oct 13-15 2018. Not on Disney's site.

Orangeanna

Original Poster
Well, that explains it. I know it's last minute but the entire resort? Wow. I may avoid the parks all together and go to the beach. Next year I'll know. Maybe an offsite property with water slides may be an option.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Look at Hotel Plaza properties. I booked last minute a couple of days ago for that Fri and Sat at Hilton LB for an impromptu business meeting. Mid 2's plus resort and parking fees. If you're looking for a good resort pool try Hilton Bonnet Creek. These are on-property hotels but not Disney owned.

Clamman73

Looks like some last minute bargains lol
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.43.51 PM.png

Amos1784

Check now... also and I have no idea why this would make a difference, try clearing your browsing history and sign back in. I have had it happen that I get different results after doing that.

1538663849374.png

joejccva71

There's no "Enchanting Holidays Room Offer" from Oct 13th - 15th 2018. There's a Magical Holidays Room Offer and all values are booked. I just checked again. I cleared cache, signed back in, same thing.

BuddyThomas

Well, that explains it. I know it's last minute but the entire resort? Wow. I may avoid the parks all together and go to the beach. Next year I'll know. Maybe an offsite property with water slides may be an option.
It's not because it's last minute at all. I was planning on doing an October solo trip and have been looking for rooms for the past five or six weeks. Nothing coming up in my price range, and now, nothing coming up at all. Grrrr.

HwdStudio

The parks are packed and so are the hotels. Being an AP has nothing to do with it. There is no slow season anymore. If you want to stay at “Mickey’s Hotel”, which doesn’t even exist, then you must plan accordingly.

HwdStudio

My husband and I often make last minute trips to stay at "Mickeys hotel" with our two young kids. It's getting harder to get rooms but just today I found every resort and room sold out. How is this possible? I'm thinking because we're passholders it's only bringing up "special offers". I don't even care, just want the room. Preferably a moderate resort. Our dates were Oct. 13-15, 2018 or even just October 14th. I tried that too. What is going on? Isn't it slow season, whatever that means anymore. I also tried google, still nothing in POR or POFQ. All values, all deluxe, everything gone. Any advice?, other than plan way ahead.
I should also add that the Gartner Symposium is going on and Disney sells out.

Gartner completely takes over everything from the Swan and Dolphin, Epcot Area Reaorts, Mods and Values.

jkl2000

I never have understood these "conferences" that take place at WDW. Do any of these people go without their families? Is it just an excuse to go to WDW and sort of pretend they're accomplishing something for their companies?

Ponderer

I never have understood these "conferences" that take place at WDW. Do any of these people go without their families? Is it just an excuse to go to WDW and sort of pretend they're accomplishing something for their companies?

While I'm sure they have fun, I know people who have gone to conferences to WDW, and for the most part, it's not really an amusement park but more of a very another large, extremely accessible meeting place, with the advantage of tons of support and dining options. So yeah, events like Gartner tend to be very serious events. I'm sure many use the excuse to bring their families as a kind of side-cation, but I've only known one person who did (and most of the time, they went to the parks without him). Keep in mind that attendance at a lot of these events are paid for by companies who do NOT pay the way for a participant's family.

Actually, now that I recall, my wife was going to go to a education writer's conference in the resort area this past July, but she wound up not needing to go. But when she was putting together her schedule, there was no way she was gonna have time for a park visit - maybe a quick jaunt to nearby Disney Springs. (We did discuss if we could work bringing me along in the family budget, but we decided against it as we already had our upcoming October blowout on the calendar.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom