SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

kma71677

I love seeing the statements of a long ride wait time of 70-80 minutes. o_O Has anyone seen the wait times for Anna and Elsa? On Sunday around 9am, the wait times were 300 minutes. LOL- people are CrAzY!!

Cesar R M

I love seeing the statements of a long ride wait time of 70-80 minutes. o_O Has anyone seen the wait times for Anna and Elsa? On Sunday around 9am, the wait times were 300 minutes. LOL- people are CrAzY!!
I think the problem is still fastpass.. for something that can be covered by a single line.. fastpass will destroy the queue output.

allgiggles

Thanks so much for your message. Probably will be difficult to stay til close at 11 or so with a 7 year old after having been there from rope drop, but it is duely noted. Still not sure whether to plan FPs for early to use the rolling one, or schedule for the afternoon.

If you're planning to be there at rope drop, you could schedule Splash, SDMT, & Space FP+ for morning hours and head straight to BTMRR to ride stand-by. The line should be close to a walk on at rope drop. You could probably even ride twice in the first 30-40 minutes the park is open. You could have your 4 major rides completed by lunch time and start using the rolling FP+'s for other attractions or re-rides.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not necessarily, having to intermix the two lines can reduce the throughput.
Actually the way the load process works it should not make any difference at all as long as the CM's aren't distracted. They have multiple pre-stage lanes that each hold enough for a full train. Those are loaded first to full train and then they are released into the actual boarding area. That makes sure that a a full train of riders is always waiting when the load area is clear for the next group. Those pre-stage lanes are right at the merge point.

There is no doubt that the standby queue will move more slowly once FP+ use starts on Wednesday but the overall capacity of the attraction per hour is pretty high given what we've seen so far today.

FiJ

Got to ride around 10.45am. 60 minutes on the board, more like 45 in reality. Haven't seen the queue video where the lights were out, I must admit while waiting I didn't notice any out but I did notice that there were a few green coloured lanterns rather than the yellow/orange majority. Possibly they may have looked out in the video?

From a thrill point of view the ride is fairly tame but I agree with the majority that it's a Disney theming masterclass. I particularly liked the dwarfs walking shadows that run parallel to your cart on the second lift on the left hand side. All in all I was well pleased to ride today as I'm flying back to the UK tomorrow probably never to return.

MickeyRN

W
I often work the photos in Space Mt arcade, always near closing time. The last hour of operation (the last hour of the park day), there is never a line (ten minute posted wait on Stand-by line; during that last hr half of the pics are frequent fliers). If you can wait all day to ride Space, you can ride it as many times as you want during the last .5 to 1 hr. Note: I don't know if this rule applies to Splash and BT too, but even if so, they are at the opposite end of the park, and getting there takes time; I wouldn't count on multiple rides on all three, but perhaps either Space, or Splash/BT.

Maybe others have advice on this, too...?
as in MK last
Just got off it.... It was good. Should have been longer
How long was the wait at that time?

Ahall003

Trying to get to magic kingdom, parki lot is closed, had to go park at Epcot, and am now waiting to get on monorail to the TTC so I can go to MK, the line for the monorail at Epcot is about 3 trains worth long!!

Poggie

We only went on once, but I loved it! Only thing, it could have been longer. It's thrilling enough for kids without being scary and the wait time was actually 45 mins instead of 60 as stated.
The queue was mostly in the shade, which was welcome to us. I was impressed with the attention to detail and the interactive element of the queue is a nice touch.
We were supposed to go back tonight but after fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks we are ded. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 110

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom