SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the POV movie, I'm timing it to be about 2:28 from starting to move at load, to full stop at unload.

Interesting that about 10 seconds less then videos we saw from the press preview.

5 trains are running today with 50 second spacing. It would seem to be running at full capacity.

That would allow for a maximum of 1440 guests per hour assuming every seat is filled.

crazymom

I hope it stays open! We will be there tomorrow!!!!!! I do have a fastpass for the 29th, but it would be awesome for my girls to be able to ride the first day we are there!!!

PrincessNelly_NJ

I am very torn as to whether use one of my FP+ on this attraction or not. We are coming in mid-August and I really have no idea what to do. We love Space, Splash and Big Thunder and think it may we wiser to use them on those rides. Although we will be at the MK 2 days, so I guess it may be wise to get one just to check it out and see how it turned out? Any ideas?
We just did two days at MK last week. I would book fp+ for all of them, splitting it two and two then use the rolling 4th fp+ for re-rides.
Honestly, we ended up using fp for everything, even Haunted Mansion & Pirates. They had 40 minute waits while Space had 20 minute waits all day two weeks ago. So you may not need fp+ for some ride.

JRMFL

I am very torn as to whether use one of my FP+ on this attraction or not. We are coming in mid-August and I really have no idea what to do. We love Space, Splash and Big Thunder and think it may we wiser to use them on those rides. Although we will be at the MK 2 days, so I guess it may be wise to get one just to check it out and see how it turned out? Any ideas?

I often work the photos in Space Mt arcade, always near closing time. The last hour of operation (the last hour of the park day), there is never a line (ten minute posted wait on Stand-by line; during that last hr half of the pics are frequent fliers). If you can wait all day to ride Space, you can ride it as many times as you want during the last .5 to 1 hr. Note: I don't know if this rule applies to Splash and BT too, but even if so, they are at the opposite end of the park, and getting there takes time; I wouldn't count on multiple rides on all three, but perhaps either Space, or Splash/BT.

Maybe others have advice on this, too...?

PrincessNelly_NJ

I often work the photos in Space Mt arcade, always near closing time. The last hour of operation (the last hour of the park day), there is never a line (ten minute posted wait on Stand-by line; during that last hr half of the pics are frequent fliers). If you can wait all day to ride Space, you can ride it as many times as you want during the last .5 to 1 hr. Note: I don't know if this rule applies to Splash and BT too, but even if so, they are at the opposite end of the park, and getting there takes time; I wouldn't count on multiple rides on all three, but perhaps either Space, or Splash/BT.

I have found that to be true about Splash. But idk about BT

bgoofy

Problem I have with that, is for me to stay up that long there better be a beverage in my hand!;)

Seth7721

I will get in line for the mine train, as soon as I can get out of will call!!! My pass expired today of all days... Does anyone know how long the line is?

Jetdoctor

Your biggest concern sounds like possibly technical closures and them giving up for the rest of the day. All hints have pointed to running all day if possible.. and opening right at park open seems to support those hints.

I read a story on chipandco.com yesterday that said it would open for 8 hours today. Not sure how official that is but that's all i have heard.
This was told to me by a CM on the ride when I rode it this morning @ 6:15 would be open all day

Mouse Trap

Going to head to the contemporary for some lunch then MK in an hour. I'd appreciate any wait time updates if anyone has spare time as they pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom