SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

flynnibus

Premium Member
Does anyone know how long the soft opening is going to last? Won't be to park until later

Your biggest concern sounds like possibly technical closures and them giving up for the rest of the day. All hints have pointed to running all day if possible.. and opening right at park open seems to support those hints.

DisneyCane

No offense to anybody that is doing it but why would you wait over 3 hours for this ride (or any ride EVER)? There is truly no ride in any theme park I've ever been to that is worth standing in line for over 3 hours. In the time standing on line there you can probably ride half of the rides in the rest of the park even if you had to do standby.

doctornick

We were told it's only for the 24 hour event then closing till opening on the 28th

That would be odd. Unless there is found to be some sort of problem today -- which might mean the ride gets shut down anyway and not be opened for as long as they might want -- why wouldn't they have at least some soft opening times over the weekend? If the ride is capable of handling walk up guests, it would make sense to continue to allow the CMs to run the ride under "real world conditions" over the next few days while still being able to shut down at a moments notice since it is not officially open.

PrincessNelly_NJ

No offense to anybody that is doing it but why would you wait over 3 hours for this ride (or any ride EVER)? There is truly no ride in any theme park I've ever been to that is worth standing in line for over 3 hours. In the time standing on line there you can probably ride half of the rides in the rest of the park even if you had to do standby.
Well, those people might not be coming back for years so this may be their only chance to ride it. Plus when you have 24 hours to ride anything you want in the park, 3 hours for one ride seems less significant.

Poggie

Yea. Finally in que. Woke up late then read it had opened! We raced here in under an hour. Now sweating my butt off in que. Says 60 minute wait. I'm thinking longer.
A lady just walked passed measuring the que with one of those wheelie things.
Anyway this is the third time I have attempted to get on. We missed the first two and we leave in 2 days and I wouldn't have cared if if was a two hr wait, as long as we get to ride. :)

Fe Maiden

I'd generally agree with you, new ride or not. But if I had 24 hours to see and do everything, I'd be OK waiting in line.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yea. Finally in que. Woke up late then read it had opened! We raced here in under an hour. Now sweating my butt off in que. Says 60 minute wait. I'm thinking longer.
A lady just walked passed measuring the que with one of those wheelie things.
Anyway this is the third time I have attempted to get on. We missed the first two and we leave in 2 days and I wouldn't have cared if if was a two hr wait, as long as we get to ride. :)
YAY! Wish it was me! LOL, I read on another forum from someone in line that even though the sign said 180 minutes, they made it on in 70 minutes. So good luck!

randyrut

I am very torn as to whether use one of my FP+ on this attraction or not. We are coming in mid-August and I really have no idea what to do. We love Space, Splash and Big Thunder and think it may we wiser to use them on those rides. Although we will be at the MK 2 days, so I guess it may be wise to get one just to check it out and see how it turned out? Any ideas?

WDWFanDave

I think today would be a great measure, if the trains keep running without any issue, of exactly what it's like to ride a popular attraction without FastPass. I'm willing to bet that the wait times will be dramatically increased once FP is running on the 28th.

Thanks to everyone there that is sharing their first hand experience, it's fun to read along :)

disney4life2008

3 hour wait time - wow. I do not think even with 24 hours I could wait in line 3 hours. If it runs all day I am almost positive by last night it will be empty but then it will probably be closed during the red eye

HRHPrincessAriel

I am very torn as to whether use one of my FP+ on this attraction or not. We are coming in mid-August and I really have no idea what to do. We love Space, Splash and Big Thunder and think it may we wiser to use them on those rides. Although we will be at the MK 2 days, so I guess it may be wise to get one just to check it out and see how it turned out? Any ideas?
Book at is one of your 1st three and pick up one of the others as your rolling 4th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom