SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Kman101

Wow. I can't believe that line. The CMs shouldn't be rude, but the guests also have to understand that being in line for a ride NOT open and NOT guaranteed to soft open, looks a bit ridiculous. All IMHO, of course.

donsullivan

Premium Member
All the guests in line have been very orderly. It's a shame some of the CM's are being rude.

I always like to keep a little context before directly accusing a CM of being rude. If the reports from earlier in the week of how CM's out front were being treated by guests upset they could not ride are true, you can't blame them for pushing back a little once in a while. When some guests choose to take their entitlement issues out on CM's just doing their job, I don't really blame the CM for being human once in a while.

BwanaBob

They did allow some guests...and they may again today. it's called 'Magical Moments'!

There were children on the ride yesterday that barely made the 38" height requirement.

Playing maybe, but not rude. With all the exposure, not putting 'rude' cast on the front line. Usually a coordinator or leader at the entrance all the time to assist.

Last edited:

Poggie

We came, waited a few, then the lady said only cast members today so we went on big thunder instead.
Giving up on it for today. Try again tomorrow

BwanaBob

I know many cast who roll their eyes and make comments... and they are usually smiling or trying to act a certain way to solicit a response when interacting with guests. Wonder how much of this perception is being taken out of context.

DrewmanS

"Playing" or not, they still shouldn't roll their eyes and make comments. And guests also shouldn't be rude and entitled. It works both ways.

Not justifying behavior of CMs, but just from some of the posts on this site, it would seem that some of the guests keep going up to the entrance to ask "Is it open now? How about now? Now? Internet said it was open? Now? Where does the line form? Now? Later today? No? Really, what time? Now? I know a CM can I get in now?..."

I would imagine an uninformed family simply passing by the ride and asking a question is treated in a typical manner. The 35 year old guy by himself lurking by the entrance for hours and asking every 15 minutes about soft openings gets a less than magical response.

I always say CM'S are getting paid to be there, like with other employments it comes with the job. As for the park guests these are the people that are actually paying to be in the park. Granted I do agree that many of guests do not have to be as rude as they have been but what did CM'S honestly think was going to happen.

Poggie

None of the CMs have been rude to us. If we were still going to be here for the official opening I wouldn't bother with the soft openings as it seems to be a bit of a waste of time. However it will be a year at least before we return and I really would like to have 1 go!
We will check it out a couple of times a day til we leave. Fingers and toes

nerdboyrockstar

I would imagine an uninformed family simply passing by the ride and asking a question is treated in a typical manner. The 35 year old guy by himself lurking by the entrance for hours and asking every 15 minutes about soft openings gets a less than magical response.

Judging by the pics posted, it looks like that's the majority of the line.

flynnibus

Premium Member
DGP, When we were there earlier this week it looked like soft openings, but it was cast members in plain clothing.

there were limited amounts of regular guests allowed on yesterday. CM-only previews are ongoing, but yesterday they let guests on for short bits too. Hence.. the news article and the last few pages

flynnibus

Premium Member
Catch on follks... no CM is going to tell you "Its CMs only now, but we'll be doing guests later this afternoon..." - because it would mean everyone would just camp out there and wait. So expect every answer to be 'no' unless they are actually open right then.

When they are in this 'short bursts' type of opening... they never acknowledge it's coming or when.

The type of guest behavior reported here is exactly why...

BwanaBob

Catch on follks... no CM is going to tell you "Its CMs only now, but we'll be doing guests later this afternoon..." - because it would mean everyone would just camp out there and wait. So expect every answer to be 'no' unless they are actually open right then.

When they are in this 'short bursts' type of opening... they never acknowledge it's coming or when.

The type of guest behavior reported here is exactly why...
:)
Quoted for SO much truth!

DManRightHere

None of the CMs have been rude to us. If we were still going to be here for the official opening I wouldn't bother with the soft openings as it seems to be a bit of a waste of time. However it will be a year at least before we return and I really would like to have 1 go!
We will check it out a couple of times a day til we leave. Fingers and toes

We didn't experience any rude cm's either.

Piebald

In line now waiting to see if it opens. Many cast members are outside being very snarky and condescending asking why people are making a line and rolling their eyes to other cast members. Some cast are saying they are not opening at all today and others are saying they have no intention of officially opening today.

Cast members being snarky? That's unpossible!!

As a former CM, I can tell you some of them get their jollies from denying privileges or telling people no. Mix that with the odd culture of people camping out to ride a children's roller coaster and you get a lot of cynicism.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom