SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

FinePhotoGraphx

Told by a cast member on the Tom Sawyer Island raft boat this past weekend that soft openings would probably start Friday 5/23/14 for the 24 hour event. This person seemed pretty excited to share that info. They said Disney did this opening differently and decided to only do cast member previews, no annual passholders. They cautioned me that the soft opening on Friday is the plan but it could change. They asked me not to share their name.

Last edited:

FinePhotoGraphx

DGP, When we were there earlier this week it looked like soft openings, but it was cast members in plain clothing. My son and I ran over to the line and they confirmed it was cast members only. See my post above about the cast member from Tom Sawyer Island raft boat. That person told me they were not allowed to wear their cast member clothing on the ride but didn't specify why. They told me soft openings would likely be Friday 5/23 for the 24 hour event.

Last edited:

dgp602

DGP, When we were there earlier this week it looked like soft openings, but it was cast members in plain clothing. My son and I ran over to the line and they confirmed it was cast members only. See my post above about the cast member from Mike Fink Keel Boats. That person told me they were not allowed to wear their cast member clothing on the ride but didn't specify why. They told me soft openings would likely be Friday 5/23 for the 24 hour event.
OK That explains it!! I saw the news feed on the home page saying that they had soft openings for guests yesterday. Was wondering why there wasn't more of a stir here...!! THANK YOU

Last edited:
Told by a cast member on the Mike Fink Keel Boats this past weekend that soft openings would probably start Friday 5/23/14 for the 24 hour event. This person seemed pretty excited to share that info. They said Disney did this opening differently and decided to only do cast member previews, no annual passholders. They cautioned me that the soft opening on Friday is the plan but it could change. They asked me not to share their name.
Wow, when did Disney put in the time travel portal?! I'd love to go back and see lost attractions again!

ABQ

DGP, When we were there earlier this week it looked like soft openings, but it was cast members in plain clothing. My son and I ran over to the line and they confirmed it was cast members only. See my post above about the cast member from Mike Fink Keel Boats. That person told me they were not allowed to wear their cast member clothing on the ride but didn't specify why. They told me soft openings would likely be Friday 5/23 for the 24 hour event.
I assume you mean a log raft cast member and not Keel Boats, right? Gullywhumper hasn't floated on the river in a long while.

DisneyFreak23

I asked the CMs in front of SDMT on Mon about "soft openings" and they quickly replied that it would be soon but not that day. It seemed like they were all "on standby" as if they were waiting for some "go command". Now, as we all know, they started yesterday. I think today and tomorrow they will continue to increase.

djkidkaz

In line now waiting to see if it opens. Many cast members are outside being very snarky and condescending asking why people are making a line and rolling their eyes to other cast members. Some cast are saying they are not opening at all today and others are saying they have no intention of officially opening today.

Kman101

I know it must be really annoying to have guests line up and ask ALLLLLL day long, but the cast members, IMHO, should also show a little professionalism. That's why when guests AREN'T around, you roll your eyes and complain. That's bad show, no matter how annoying (and I know it HAS to be) the guests are.

But to be fair, many guests need to also learn a bit of tact and lose the sense of entitlement.

I also don't see why anyone is literally camping out there. A watched pot never boils they say.

Jetdoctor

Because they are jack 's. Yesterday most cast members where really nice but others where rude. I noticed at least three that where bragging about being employees and they could ride and those of us that waited could not. We waited 1 ½ hours no deal for us. Try again friday

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
In line now waiting to see if it opens. Many cast members are outside being very snarky and condescending asking why people are making a line and rolling their eyes to other cast members. Some cast are saying they are not opening at all today and others are saying they have no intention of officially opening today.
Good luck, keep us updated. If you get a moment, would like to see a photo of the entry area.

JRMFL

The last three days have been cm preview days. CMs are given a badge which is identifies them as MK statused (other parks not part of this preview). They are allowed to ride in street clothes as many times as they want during most of the day. Today will be the last day of that. No word on what happens between today and opening day. Most of my friends have ridden it, many of them rode it many times. I hadn't known about the three day preview till I got to work yesterday, and I won't be going in early today to ride it.

Jetdoctor

I know it must be really annoying to have guests line up and ask ALLLLLL day long, but the cast members, IMHO, should also show a little professionalism. That's why when guests AREN'T around, you roll your eyes and complain. That's bad show, no matter how annoying (and I know it HAS to be) the guests are.

But to be fair, many guests need to also learn a bit of tact and lose the sense of entitlement.

I also don't see why anyone is literally camping out there. A watched pot never boils they say.
Cast members need to lose their sense of entitlement. Granted other quest do get really rude though.

Kman101

Not djkidzaz, but this was my photo from yesterday as I walked by:

Attachments

• BoPoDrYCcAERjEj.jpg
    BoPoDrYCcAERjEj.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 153

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom