Soft Opening of Everest

ajb_tic_tac

Original Poster
Hello. This is my first post (be kind)........

I am having a trip to WDW in February and planning to visit AK on the 10th Feb.

Now it seems that Everest may be open to the public but then again it seems not. My only question is if it is open that day would it be advertised as such at the park entrace? It is just if it is I want to hot foot it over there before I do the safari.

I know you kind folks will probably not know for sure but you may have an idea based on previous soft openings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

Lee

Adventurer
Most likely it will not be posted or advertised.
Best bet is to just head over there first thing and see. If nobody is riding, just ask a CM if a soft opening is likely that day.

peter11435

Lee said:
Most likely it will not be posted or advertised.
Best bet is to just head over there first thing and see. If nobody is riding, just ask a CM if a soft opening is likely that day.
Yep, the only thing is don't always trust a CM. I had CM's (on a number of different days) flat out tell me M:S would not be opening for previews that day only to find them open and letting guests on later in the day.

ajb_tic_tac

Original Poster
Cheers for the replies and help.

I think I shall head to the Safari and see what is happening with Everest after the rapids. I don't know why I worry so much!

Cheers again for the help.

Andy

Stormhammer22

I'm planning on going to WDW March 10th through the 17th, so I hope I'm able to ride Everest. I saw the videos of the ride-through and it looks awesome!

M:SpilotISTC12

When I went to soft openings of M:S a CM told me it would be open at 4 but the park closes an hour later...so I dont think it will be at 4. Good Luck!!!

jrobinson424

We went to a soft opening of Soarnin and it wasn't posted anywhere. We assumed that it wouldn't open until 5/5/05. We just happened to go into the Land to look around and saw that they were lines at Soarin. We walked down and got a fastpass. So I guess I am saying to just show up at the ride the day you go.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I often wonder why people say "this is my first post, be kind".....especially when they are posting about something that numerous other threads have been started about......makes me think its someone just playing around, trying to start problems....but thats just my gut reaction. Probably has no validity....

sillyspook13

Don't plan on random soft openings on extra magic hour days. From what I hear they don't want to do soft openings on the busiest days because they would only be testing with a limited number of people.

Most of the time previews are so random that you have to be at the right place at the right time. Obviously Mission: Space was the exception (4:00 became my favorite time of the day that summer).:)

mayoki

Be persistant! I was at Epcot at least 2 months before Mission:Space opened, and went by the ride and asked several times what the chances are for an opening, all responded with a resounding "No." Then, at the last day I happened to see 2 CM's in front(again) and asked (again) but this time they said I could come in. There were about 100 people inside, but only about 20 people came in after me. I asked in the gift shop why they did that , and they said they get the word, and let small groups in a couple of times a day.

Simba1

THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR! REPEAT: THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR! I heard that after DVC and AP previews are done for everest (the next two weeks), soft openings will begin for EE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom