Sofa Bed or Air Mattress

Takeitforgranite

Original Poster
It’s looking like my 15 and 13 year old girls may have to sleep on a sofa bed on our next trip. I want everyone to be well rested and happy, so I am looking to possible alternatives to just saying “deal with it”. I found some threads where others have brought along a mattress topper with some improvement. I was curious about bringing separate air mattresses for them as an alternative. They are used to sleeping on them at relatives’ homes, and them having their own “separate” beds is always better for everyone.

What have you done to help improve the sleeping experience for your family members who are destined for the sofa bed?

correcaminos

Ask for egg crate toppers and put the mattress on the floor with the couch closed. Much more comfortable than an air mattress that way (per my son who has to sleep on air mattresses when visiting family during trips to FL where we tack on Disney)

Sharing air mattresses really stinks so I'd avoid that. Either get them their own or try the floor method. Where are you staying? Just curious.

Diesel Dan

We have brought a Coleman Comfortsmart folding cot ($99 Amazon) for one of our kids to sleep on. The cot has a 2" mattress on it. Pretty comfy. Fold it up and put against the wall during the day. We drive so there is room in the car.

DisDadWoz

With all the trips to WDW (and elsewhere) we invested in a nice mattress topper that we take with for anything longer than an overnight stay. It makes a sofa bed so much more tolerable. We even used it at home a couple of time just right on the floor and it's been okay for an overnight.

JIMINYCR

For comfort as others have recommended, I'd go along with bringing a mattress topper. They are easily stored and not a bulky item to bring along. Youre going to want them to get a relaxing nights sleep to be ready to go go go every next morning. Air mattresses dont give your body the best support or comfort. Its a different situation using an air mattress at grandmas house for a few nights as opposed to spending a full Disney on the go day. Give the back and legs a better chance to recoup energy/strength with a better supporting pad.

Club Cooloholic

Ask for egg crate toppers and put the mattress on the floor with the couch closed. Much more comfortable than an air mattress that way (per my son who has to sleep on air mattresses when visiting family during trips to FL where we tack on Disney)

Sharing air mattresses really stinks so I'd avoid that. Either get them their own or try the floor method. Where are you staying? Just curious.
Does Disney provide egg crates?

nickys

Premium Member
Yes they do last time we asked. They are limited supply though. Since we fly and no Owner's Locker, we ask for them. Though now we are just booking where we can avoid a pull out and do the queen murphy instead when possible.
I think any egg crates they have are those left by other guests, hence the limited supply.

correcaminos

I think any egg crates they have are those left by other guests, hence the limited supply.
Unless Disney shrink wraps for you, mine was not left by someone else the last time I asked for one. Disney often has some supplies that are not normal requests (like blenders and even kettles) and I assume after using that they are not always leftovers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom