Soaring Addition??

VacationPlanner

now i would have to admit a third hangar would be great but could this also be a tie in with the rumors about a new movie being filmed...because if there is a new film being shot for the attraction then im assuming that the attractions popularity will stay the way it is if not skyrocket.

either way i would love to see a third hangar to simply alleviate the wait times...

Thurp

I'm friends with someone who is somewhat high up in the food chain at future world. When Soarin' first opened he told me that the option of adding a 3rd theater was there but not to count on it any time soon. To this day he hasn't said anything about a 3rd theater and you'd think he would have mentioned it to me if it was coming.

As for wait times, I've walked on Soarin' during the off season. Not common, but it happens.

BRER STITCH

I think perhaps the planners underestimated the great novelty ride they had on their hands. It appeals to EVERY member of the family, whereas other attractions, like roller coasters, might only appeal to one or two members of a family. Right there is the need for much greater additional ride and cue space!

A true visionary would have seen well beyond the lines.

Had they been thinking ahead, as at least some of them should have been, they would have "imagined" the whole experience of SOARIN' to be it's never ending possibility of destinations, always keeping it fresh and exciting! This would have meant the need for no less than 4 screens at any time. SOARIN' could literally be the product of its own industry, with new films and experiences constantly in production and rotation, each marketed to be the highlight of everyone's trip to Epcot

Imagine the opportunities....

SOARIN Thru Histroy
SOARIN Thru Space
SOARIN Beneath the Ocean
SOARIN: A Culinary Epxerience!
SOARIN Northlands
SOARIN Round the Equator
SOARIN: Classical Music Experience
SOARIN: The Rock and Roll Flight
SOARIN: Planetarium Nights
SOARIN With Santa - A Christmas Adventure!
SOARIN: A Haunted Halloween

and on and on and on.....

It's almost too easy to "imagine"!
Many of these experiences can be created right on a computer at someone's desk, keeping the costs much lower than the original film.

During each WDW "festival season" one of the screens could have been used for that specialty ride featuring that event's interests.

It certainly has the potential to be the ride whose constant change could be its biggest asset!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom