Soarin

Andrew Appleby

So we've got all our FP booked and locked in. We're in Epcot for 2 days (in WDW for 14) and have got FP for Frozen and TT as our tier 1s (we're with children ages 2,4,5 and 6) but I know we'll want to do Soarin.

My questions are a) is Soaring easy enough to rope drop b) how likely is a 'on the day FP'?

Thanks

epcotisbest

As @Tuvalu said, yes it is doable. We did just that in late April. Rope drop straight to Soarin', walked straight on, rode then went back around and got in line again where standby was only 5 minutes, rode again then did LWTL, which was also walk on, then went to TT where we did single rider and skipped the design thing. So, four rides done in just a bit after 10 a.m.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Walk on at RD is certainly doable. I'll point out that the ride has a height restriction, so you and your spouse will need to do a rider swap with the kid(s) that don't meet the requirement.

And while a 4th FP for Soarin may be possible, getting FPs for 5 people is much less likely.

Upvote 0

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
Walk on at RD is certainly doable. I'll point out that the ride has a height restriction, so you and your spouse will need to do a rider swap with the kid(s) that don't meet the requirement.

And while a 4th FP for Soarin may be possible, getting FPs for 5 people is much less likely.

Thanks, there is actually 8 of us, 2 families going, so rider swap will be needed. Thanks.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

We've got 2 Universal, 2 Water parks and the other 3 parks hold more interest so not sure we could easily fill 3 days at Epcot.
Do you have a park hopper? If you think you need two full days at Epcot, you could shift to one full day and two half days, giving you three days worth of FastPasses.

Another option is that the water parks often don't open until 10:00. You could get a morning FastPass at one of the theme parks before hopping to the water park that day. Days at Universal, the water parks, or your resort are a waste of your ability to book three fastpasses on those days. You'd be better off doing those things for half days and spending a few hours in a Disney theme park to at least use your FP+ allotment rather than doing the other things for entire days.

In other words, on a 14 day trip you have the ability to pre-book 42 FastPasses. By taking four days away from Disney parks entirely, you're only using 30 of them, leaving 14 on the table.

Upvote 0

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
Do you have a park hopper? If you think you need two full days at Epcot, you could shift to one full day and two half days, giving you three days worth of FastPasses.

Another option is that the water parks often don't open until 10:00. You could get a morning FastPass at one of the theme parks before hopping to the water park that day. Days at Universal, the water parks, or your resort are a waste of your ability to book three fastpasses on those days. You'd be better off doing those things for half days and spending a few hours in a Disney theme park to at least use your FP+ allotment rather than doing the other things for entire days.

In other words, on a 14 day trip you have the ability to pre-book 42 FastPasses. By taking four days away from Disney parks entirely, you're only using 30 of them, leaving 14 on the table.

We've booked FPs for everyday and made sure we've used all the ones for waterpark days and Universal days (though I can't see us using those).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We were last there the week before Christmas. We rope dropped Soarin' one of our days and standby was only about 15 minutes (which is good considering we were coming in from the IG and I was moving slow b/c my feet were giving me issues). I think it was Dec 21st, but I remember sitting in Sunshine Seasons looking for 4th FP options and we had all kinds of Soarin' spots coming up. So, I wouldn't stress too hard.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

I was on the app last night and the wait time for Soarin at 8:50pm was only 15 minutes so I'm guessing there are also chances to ride it at the end of the night.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

I always rope drop Soarin’, totally do-able. You’ll have a wait, but nothing outlandish. As an example, I typically rope drop Soarin, then do LWTL, eat a quick breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, and then head to Spaceship Earth and I usually do all of that in an hour.

I am usually traveling solo, so since I’m not waiting for others I can usually work the parks more efficiently. Unless I’m traveling with my Disney bestie who’s a foot taller than me and walks like a waitress on speed! 😂

Keep in mind that there’s still a ton of people that are rope dropping Frozen so that has lightened up the Soarin’ rope drop crowd.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom