Soarin' wait time

AsanaDisney

Original Poster
I am at the parks this week and today I visited Epcot. We arrived at park opening to get a fast pass for Soarin' and were successful. It was down for around 40 minutes right when we got into the line to use our fast passes and the standy by wait time went up around 200 minutes! Seriously! I am not upset that the ride broke down but holy moly a 3 hour wait... Is that ride even worth it to you guys? Just wondering. :shrug:

erasure fan1

I love soarin as much as the next guy but at 3hrs its a no go for me. Its one of my favorite rides at Disney and I think my max wait time would be 20min. That's why I have never ridden at night. We get to the park at 5pm and all the fastpasses are gone and 1 1/2 to 2hrs is not happening.

bethymouse

No way!

I wouldn't wait in line that long for ANY attraction!:eek:
90-100 minutes maybe, but when it hits like 120 plus, forget it!:cry:

I love Soarin, but it wouldn't be worth that wait!:(

Annielkd

There are many people who do. Each year when I go that's pretty much a standard wait. I came on a post and said 2 hours, and NO one believed me. It's always that way on Easter break. No, I can't wait, so in the past I wouldn't go on more than once with the fast pass. I just found out about the GAP... so I might at some point go on twice. (We didn't last time, just the once)

luv

I wouldn't wait three hours for anything but my lottery winnings.

If the posted wait time is over 20 minutes, I'm not getting in line.

RonAnnArbor

Soarin' always has a wait like that on peak days....so does Toy Story Mania at DHS...

Exactly why Fast Passes are so great and why you should get to the park at opening and not sleep in...

bamillerpa

Just a question, when you go back with your fastpass and the ride is down what happens? You obviously have a set time that you are allowed to use it but if it was down for 40 minutes what happens? I can't imagine you would want to wait. If that was the case you wouldn't have bothered getting a fastpass to begin with but it seems kind of wrong to penalize you because the ride is down.

AsanaDisney

Original Poster
Just a question, when you go back with your fastpass and the ride is down what happens?.

We decided to wait it out in the fast pass line because we were in no rush for anything, however we saw a couple families decide to leave and it looked like they were re- issued fast passes from the cast member in the queue dealing with unhappy guests. I'm not sure if they were for a certain time or any time later in the day though.

coachwnh

its my favorite attraction, but ive never waited in the stand by line (other than at rope drop right after getting my FP for a second ride later). with 2 young kids, there is no way i could wait that long. heck, i wouldnt wait an hour. but thats just me.

jikobean

if a ride breaks down at a time your fast pass is good for, they will honor it later in the day. happened to us several times while there 2 weeks ago. they also issued fast passes to people who had waited in a long line just to have the ride break down before they were about to get on. they aim to please!

Annielkd

Just a question, when you go back with your fastpass and the ride is down what happens? You obviously have a set time that you are allowed to use it but if it was down for 40 minutes what happens? I can't imagine you would want to wait. If that was the case you wouldn't have bothered getting a fastpass to begin with but it seems kind of wrong to penalize you because the ride is down.

I've had this happen to me, and they gave me another fast pass. Unfortunately, sometimes the ride doesn't come back up and you're out of luck.

I_heart_Tigger

I've had this happen to me, and they gave me another fast pass. Unfortunately, sometimes the ride doesn't come back up and you're out of luck.

I had a FP for Splash and the ride was down so they gave me another one. When I went back the ride was still down and expected to be for the rest of the night. They gave me a FP to use at whatever attraction I wanted, worked out well since Space was a 45 minute wait so I used it for that instead.

the-reason14

I am at the parks this week and today I visited Epcot. We arrived at park opening to get a fast pass for Soarin' and were successful. It was down for around 40 minutes right when we got into the line to use our fast passes and the standy by wait time went up around 200 minutes! Seriously! I am not upset that the ride broke down but holy moly a 3 hour wait... Is that ride even worth it to you guys? Just wondering. :shrug:

3 hour wait!!!!???? That 'ride' isn't even worth a 15 minute wait imo.

Xethos

I waited almost 2 hours once but it was also the middle of the summer. Only reason I waited though was because I never went on it before and it was my last day at the parks, I couldnt go home without riding it.

jpittore1

wait times will be long early summer

With Test Track down and Kim Possible getting transformed...it appears our June trip will have long Soaring wait times... we'll have to run and get FP at opening and maybe just go in the standby line as soon as the park opens..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom