Soarin' vs. Food Rocks

Sam Eagle 1776

Original Poster
As most everyone knows, the attraction Soarin' is the replacement of the show Food Rocks. Food Rocks didn't seem to be extremely popular or have huge lines of people waiting to see it, but I enjoyed it and do miss it. Soarin' is amazing and brings gargantuan crowds for most of the day, but I don't know that it's a huge improvement over FR. Anybody feel the same?:lookaroun

Fun2BFree

Food Rocks was an interesting detour, but only that. Soarin' is the ride you structure your whole day around. For that, I think it was a major improvement over the former.

Now, if they could gut the Symbiosis/Circle of Life theater and figure out how to fit a revamped Food Rocks in there, we'd be talking! :sohappy:

i totally agree with you. we all now how disney loves tearing down good rides/shows and replacing it with crappy ones... world of motion for test track!!!

it seems like a real lack of imagination that 2 of epcots new rides are simulators

darthjohnny

As most everyone knows, the attraction Soarin' is the replacement of the show Food Rocks. Food Rocks didn't seem to be extremely popular or have huge lines of people waiting to see it, but I enjoyed it and do miss it. Soarin' is amazing and brings gargantuan crowds for most of the day, but I don't know that it's a huge improvement over FR. Anybody feel the same?:lookaroun

Wasn't it Circle of Life that replaced Food Rocks?

Soarin' is in its own building.

Elphaba

I had never seen food rocks, so I really can't say, but I'm not really a big fan of Soarin'. I'd hardly call it a thrill ride, and I wouldn't wait in a long line for it, but it does make a nice addition to one of my favorite pavilions

maelstrom

I think Soarin' is a better attraction than Food Rocks, but it doesn't fit the theme & message of the pavilion, and it could have been built elsewhere. The redo of the pavilion for Soarin' and the mass crowds that descend on it all day really just messed up the calm feeling of the pavilion that many of us enjoyed.

DisneyAnole

I wouldn't agree that Food Rocks is a "better" attraction than Soarin'. I never liked Food Rocks because the AudioAnimatronics were so poorly done compared to Kitchen Kabaret.

But I do think that Soarin' is vastly overrated. To me, it's nothing more than an IMAX film which you can see in any large city. The only thing unique is the "lift-off". During the film, I never feel like the glider is moving. So in terms of unique experiences (and charm), I'd take Kitchen Kabaret in a heartbeat.

Tom Morrow

Well, lets see... an incredibly cheesy diversion about nutrition vs. the current most popular ride at WDW. I'd say Soarin', while overrated, is definitely a big improvement.

Now, if only they would do the rumored Soarin' Around the World so it would fit in with Epcot.

DisneyAnole

Well, lets see... an incredibly cheesy diversion about nutrition vs. the current most popular ride at WDW. I'd say Soarin', while overrated, is definitely a big improvement.

Now, if only they would do the rumored Soarin' Around the World so it would fit in with Epcot.

I agree Soarin' needs to update the film. Not to quibble, but how would Soarin' Around the World fit in any better with Epcot? The international half of the park is WS, not FW.

EPCOT.nut

I agree Soarin' needs to update the film. Not to quibble, but how would Soarin' Around the World fit in any better with Epcot? The international half of the park is WS, not FW.

Agreed! And my reaction to Soarin' Around the World -

Nooooooooooooooooo

:lol:

Soarin' hasn't been around long enough to update the film! I need to ride it at least 100 more times. It's a great film. Besides, I don't think there has been a successful transatlantic hang gliding expedition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom