Soarin' ride queue change

ptdreher

Original Poster
I wish Epcot would add something for the long wait in the Soarin' queue. It remains one of the longest wait times each day and all you get to see are the same limited art scenes on the wall. I think they should show a disney movie while waiting. Maybe one that is considered in the vault and can not be bought anywhere, or something interactive. What do you think?

G00fyDad

I wish Epcot would add something for the long wait in the Soarin' queue. It remains one of the longest wait times each day and all you get to see are the same limited art scenes on the wall. I think they should show a disney movie while waiting. Maybe one that is considered in the vault and can not be bought anywhere, or something interactive. What do you think?

They used to have a technology that allowed the entire crowd to get into the action and by moving your arms above your head you could do various things like bounce a rock across those art scenes. It was really neat when I did it. I have no idea if that is even still there any longer because every time I get to Soarin' anymore I have about a 10 minute wait. And that is far past those art scenes.

**** Sorry nepalostparks. My post came in just after yours. :( Those are the things I was talking about though. Are they still there? Like I said I stop for the line way farther down than those screens.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

I'm with you. Convert those 5 screens to play movies. Some classics. Some new stuff. A little Pixar. Maybe a montage or two, like at the end of The Great Movie Ride at DHS.
I wasn't really sold on the interactive stuff. That last thing I want is 200 people raising their arms after just coming in from 92 degree temps. Just saying.

Graham9

As fun as those screen are, the problem is when you get past that point and there is nothing to look at, for at least 1/2 hour until you get to the entrance and watch that boarding video.

real mad hatter

Whit Long Line?

Never waited in a long queue yet,grab a FP and grab a eat at SS then soar away.When we do visit WDW? July,peak season.:wave:

dave&di

I was last at WDW in Sept 2010, I don't remember the interactive screens but them I get FP so probably never noticed! How new are they?

C.FERNIE

we did it twice last october and never saw them and we waited about half an hour there! Did not even know it exsisted untill now! :wave:

ptdreher

Original Poster
I was just there is January and those screens were not there. I spent 80 minutes in line with most people sitting in the runway. Every 10 minutes or so, everybody would have to get up and move about 10 feet. I also do FP but I ride this one often and have to endure the long lines sometimes.
Going back in June!

JeffH

Just there

We were just there last sunday 4/1 and the wait was 120 minutes and the interactive screen wasn't working...as far as disney adding a movie montage, considering that the great movie ride montage hasn't been updated since narnia 1/Pirates 1 came out, I wouldn't bet on it.

bgraham34

The one thing I wish Soarin's Queue had was a behind the scenes making of. From the ride idea to the way everything was filmed.

ptdreher

Original Poster
The one thing I wish Soarin's Queue had was a behind the scenes making of. From the ride idea to the way everything was filmed.

Good idea!
Also, a new east coast version of the video for the ride would be nice. Maybe flying over the Statue of Liberty, Washington DC, Boston skyline and harbor, NC outer banks, etc.

J03Y

i thought there was some interactive thing in the queue... :lookaroun

i went last October for the Food & Wine Festival and when my friends and i went on Soarin, there was this game playing where you were flying like a bird and you had to move your arms like you were flapping your wings and it was like a race thing...

:lookaroun um... i'm not making this up. it was a day for a journalism convention that Disney was holding and we decided to go to Epcot to finish our day. i distinctly remember making the connection that i first experienced the queue line on that day.

raven

I'm with you. Convert those 5 screens to play movies.

NO!! That would be a "Six Flags effect" to me. :lol: I'd rather see the games updated a little more and add some posters of California destinations on the walls to make it look more like an airport terminal...if that's what they were going for.

flynnibus

Premium Member

that would be rather anti-climatic to show the 'making of..' before you've actually experienced what the attraction is about.

The nature images work for the soarin' attraction itself and the tie back to the land pavilion. Turning them just into regular disney movies would be criminal.

Maybe some of the true action adventure clips... or if they just wanted to add fun.. they could do spot the difference.. where's mickey.. etc type of twists on the nature scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom