Soarin Question

Miss Bell

I am afraid of heights and I loved this ride--you really cannot tell that you are up high. It feels a lot like watching an Imax movie, but more interactive.

MSTINKHERBELL01

My partner is afraid of heights and she enjoyed SOARIN tons! I love the ride....! It does make you feel as though youre actually Flying.....! I dont want to ruin the ride for thoes who havent rode it but it's awsome!!!!!!!!! If you hear giggles and ooooooo's and ahhhhhhh's thats just me.....enjoyin' Soarin!!!!!:eek:

Well, the CM there told me it's an upside down imax theater... I don't think it's too much for people who fear heights at all... But it's a GREAT ride!! my dad is afraid of heights but he absolutely loved Soarin'.. It's not fast, and there aren't any drops. Just watch out for a golf ball that might come flyin at ya! :p (ride the ride, and you'll know what I'm talking about, lol) I think you'll like the ride.. Have a wonderful trip!!! TIP: Get a fastpass early in the day (before noon) before they're all sold out or you have to wait in line forever :wave:

col

soarin'

soarin' is like being on a a swing with the way it begins. you sit there with a seat belt on and it takes you up into the air-if you look down you can see the floor. on soarin' you fly over trees and snow and the ocean. its truely brilliant. just ask a cast member to explain it to you and tell him/her that you and your mother are afraid of heights, im sure they would be helpful to you. i promise you when/if you go on it you will love it. there are no drops or dips in it. its like sitting in a chair with your legs floating over the sides. just think positive, youll be fine.:)

Spaciestacey30

I have been on soarin 4 times. I actually prefer row 2. I got row 3 one time and totally did not enjoy it at all! I could see the side of the screen and the ground. I would agree that B is the best because it is in the center and feels more realistic. I personally have absolutely no problem with seeing the feet of people in row 1. I have sat on the end of the row and in the middle of the row. The middle of the row was much better..you don't get distracted from the other people on the ride.

The couple in front of my group requested 1..then proceeded to ask what row was better after I asked for row 2. The CM told them that people like 1 because you don't see feet. But she personally agreed with me that row 2 was her favorite as well.

Can you see the top of the screen in row 1????

Vernonpush

PhilosophyMagic said:
Oh... I thought they were putting the number 4 to be more clever... my mistake.
I heard there are three "hidden Mickeys". Two in the scene that has been discussed and one more near the end.

WDWCP

Thrawn said:
The ... uninformed poster ... meant "fore" not the number four.

Thats your clue.

Un"fore"tunately I'm now back home about 2000 miles away from WDW with no more money to go back anytime soon. I'm going to have to just wait a while until I can get back!

Burgstressera

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for sharing info about the ride with me. There's no way I'm going to miss it. If it's too much I'll just close my eyes and suffer through it.

I'm so excited to go only 8 days, 11 hours, & 6 minutes to go!!!!

fjm777 said:
What did I do to deserve that chop at the knees?

Thank you for being so "knowledgeable". I am well aware of this, I was just having a little fun.
Get used to it. There are several 'perfect' posters here who seem to have nothing else in their lives but to haunt these boards looking for meaningless mistakes to highlight and correct with a dash of sarcasm thrown in to brighten their day. Ignore him and move on. The rest of us got the pun and appreciate your effort not to make it too easy.

DisKid

Soarin is an amazing ride!!!

Yes, you are kind of flying, and the signs do say that it includes drops and swoops and stuff, but if you were to ask a cast member about it, they would tell you it is in the "Shakespearian sense". There was a lady in front of us who was totally frightened and asked the cast members and that is what they said. When she got off she absolutely loved it!

I didn't know about the Mickey and the "4" But I did catch the fireworks:) that one is easy to spot!

GoofyMagic

Not fond of the fact this replaced Food Rocks :( Haven't seen it yet but plan to eventually....I love anything animatronic and of course they're coming less popular lately it seems :( :(

Bluewaves

In row 1 you can not see the top of the screen unless you really intentionally look up, unlike the bottom rows where the screen is clearly in your line of sight the whole time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom