Soarin Question

Burgstressera

Original Poster
Hello All!

Can anyone tell me what the ride Soarin is like?

My mother and I are both extremely afraid of heights and are concerned that the ride may be a little too much for us?

Are there drops? Is it fast? What's it all about?

Obviously any one out there that wants the ride to be a surprise should not read the responses...

Thanks guys for any insight you can provide.... : - )

Bluewaves

No drops not fast at all, in fact its a theater that moves up in to an imax type dome and it moves a little bit up and down but nothing too much. The front row of seats move about 30-40 feet up off the floor which you can't see during the ride. If you get scared you can close your eyes and you'll ive through it. Its pretty cool and if you that scarred of height try and sit in the back rows they are lower off the ground though the experience is not as good.

The best seats are in B section row 1 middle of the theater. Its really cool and worth the experience even if your a bit height phobic. Have fun

awallaceunc

Will they allow you to wait for the seat that you want here, like you can at some other attractions? I definitely want the first row. :cool:

-Aaron

disneygirl03

awallaceunc said:
Will they allow you to wait for the seat that you want here, like you can at some other attractions? I definitely want the first row. :cool:

-Aaron

There really is no "first row"- it's 3 rows when the seats are on the ground, but once they lift you up, it sort of rotates so that the rows are all staggered. Sorry, I'm bad at explaining this, but I would think any seat would be good.

Sean23

I prefer the front row because you can see the feat of the people if you sit in 2 or 3. It is real tame even if you do not like heights. I have riden it twice today with FP. I would never wait in the regular line, the wait at 7 pm tonight was 150 minutes. It is a great ride but I would not wait more than 15 minutes.

25and7

Account Suspended
I must say that Soarin is truly an amazing attraction!

It's the type of attraction that I really can't explain too well because there is nothing to compare it to because there is nothing else even remotely close to it.

However, I do have some tips for going on Soarin:
1) Either get there first thing in the morning or get a Fastpass to ride it or else you be waiting in line for at least an hour. But make sure you get to the Fastpass kiosks by 1:00 at the latest because the Fastpasses go fast and are usually all gone by 2:00.

2) Although pretty much all vantage points are fine the best rows to be in are the either the first or middle rows. The worst spot you can get is A3 or C3 because it makes the ride a little less realistic.

SewIn2Disney

The ride itself does not move all that much, so if there is any problems, you can just close your eyes and be fine (unlike mission space where if you close your eyes, you'll get sicker).
You should really go on it, it's one of the best new rides there!

fjm777

The ride is VERY smooth. While they are lifting you up they turn off the lights so you go up in the dark. But nothing to worry about. Then when the screen comes on you are flying. Again during the ride it is very smooth with some light motion tilting from side to side to match the movie. Very realistic and a really great ride.

And watch for the hidden mickey! <h1>"4"</h1>

polarboi

Sean23 said:
I prefer the front row because you can see the feat of the people if you sit in 2 or 3.

I've heard this from several people... how do you ensure you're sitting in the front row, if you'd prefer to do so? (Do you just get to choose the row yourself, or do you have to be standing in front of a specific door, or ask a CM, or what?)

-p.b.

Bluewaves

You can ask a CM sometimes they are able to to help you sometimes they aren't. A3 and C3 are the worst , you get the idea but it just isn't the same since you can see the edges of the screen. Any of the first rows are better no feet in your face.

roninbrian

If I remember correctly, row 1 is lifted up the highest and row 3 the least. I ended up on row 2.

I too am very afraid of heights, but don't let that stop you from riding this ride. The view is spectaular. I just didn't look down and was fine.

lelolai

fjm777 said:
The ride is VERY smooth. While they are lifting you up they turn off the lights so you go up in the dark. But nothing to worry about. Then when the screen comes on you are flying. Again during the ride it is very smooth with some light motion tilting from side to side to match the movie. Very realistic and a really great ride.

And watch for the hidden mickey! <h1>"4"</h1>

Where's the hidden mickey?!! I wanna see him! I'm going there next week!

WDWCP

Any suggestions on how to spot the Hidden Mickey? I've yet to have been able to see it!

fjm777 said:

And watch for the hidden mickey! "4"

Dwarful

You'll be fine. They have seat belts and hand grips on the sides. We had no problems asking for B1. We rode A2 the first time and agree that B1 is better, in the fact that you won't see the feet of the people above you. We ended up riding this ride 4 times on our trip. The kids absolutely loved it. If you get there early, grab a fast pass, then get in line. You will get to ride twice w/o much wait time and you'll be so glad you did!
Don't ask for the front row though, someone ahead of us did this and the CM said "there is no "front row" all seats have unobstucted view" so the people said "oh ok" and got in line for the 3rd row...I bet they were mighty disappointed!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
WDWCP said:
Any suggestions on how to spot the Hidden Mickey? I've yet to have been able to see it!

The ... uninformed poster ... meant "fore" not the number four.

Thats your clue.

righttrack

There is no forward motion, only motion that is simulated by the film. The seats go up, tilt and slightly turn to match the motion of the film. Its not fast, its slow and smooth. Its hard to say how you would feel on it. I do think its mild enough for just about everyone to try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom