Soarin' Over Florida

mpaul32001

Original Poster
This is a video I found on MouseTimes.....remember this...THIS IS IN NO WAY AN ATTRACTION AT WDW OR ANYWHERE. This is just a home made video....it's still good though....I think for it to become the new video after the celebration is over it would have to have more fast flying shots and less still shots....isnt the reason they call it soarin' so they can change the video to anywhere?

anyway....heres the video http://www.mousetimes.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=30

post your comments

rainfully

Very cool concept! I completely get what the maker of the video was trying to do... and I think they did an excellent job! :)

mpaul32001

Original Poster
OMG....i just realized that...if you freeze it at just the right time it says universal studios.......I'm sure that would change for any new attraction if it was even considered to be used.....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Kind of proves my point when the discussion came up about a Soarin over Florida video before Soarin opened at Epcot, there just is not a lot of topography in Florida at least not enough for a flight simulator. It is however a nice video. If and when a new video is done for Soarin I am really hoping that they go world wide for the video not just a particular state.

ImaginEAR

I think the video was very well done and it was pretty good! But I agree, Florida doesn't works for a Soarin' film... Add another person to the worldwide film wagon!

WDWCP

Seems to me that it would just make sense to create a World wide version of the film. Afterall, this is Walt Disney WORLD!!! Epcot is all about bringing together things and people from all over the world...

Just a logical extension of that same theme.

ImaginEAR said:
I think the video was very well done and it was pretty good! But I agree, Florida doesn't works for a Soarin' film... Add another person to the worldwide film wagon!

Bluewaves

I think you'll see a new video most likely over the eastern part of the US or maybe a coast to coast video DisneyLand to DisneyWorld some shots of the sierra nevada rockies and a big drop into the plain states and then a lift up into the appalachains and then down into Florida might be a fun video but you have to keep the thunderbirds that was an awesome shot.

Scooter

I'd like to see a differant "Soarin" movie shown every day of the week.

That way you could see all kinds of differant places.
The attraction would never get old.
The attendance would never go down.

After all....it's the flying effect that makes this ride so cool so why not change the scenery to make it that much more interesting?

Chances are I'll never hang glide over anything in my lifetime, so to simulate flying over California, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, the Middle East, or anywhere else would be awesome.

Or they could keep it local and do a Soarin over America show and we could fly over Niagra falls, Mt Rushmore, The Grand Canyon, The great smoky Mountains, New York City etc.

The possiblilites are endless as to what they could do with this attraction!

snoopi_grl

Good video, bad place.
I think the person who made this possibly could've added some hurricanes??
And where's the orange smells? lol j/k.

peter11435

Fun Facts about the current Soarin' film.
- Because airspace inside National Park boundaries is protected, it took several months for the film crew to obtain permission to fly a helicopter into Yosemite National Park. The last time a helicopter was permitted to fly through Yosemite was in the mid-1900s, when a flood had closed the park to visitors.

- Though it may be hard to see them, in the Yosemite sequence, mountain climbers are making their way along a cliff face before the waterfall comes into view. The six members of the Yosemite Mountaineering School spent an entire day before the shoot placing pitons for handholds and footholds during filming. While the shot was being set up, and in between takes, the climbers literally "hung around," suspended from the cliff by ropes. One climber clung to the cliff for about six hours before the shot was ready to go.

- Because of its status as a marine sanctuary, it took a year to obtain all of the necessary permits to film the Monterey/Point Lobos sequence of the film. One of the boats in this shot is a NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration) boat, whose job it was to monitor marine animal and bird activity during filming. Fortunately for the animals and the film crew, the shot was pulled off without disturbing any of the protected sea otters, sea lions or brown pelicans.

- The scene in which guests fly over the USS Stennis aircraft carrier, as it heads out of the San Diego port, is unusual in that all of the Navy jets and helicopters can be seen on the carrier. Normally the carrier offloads all of the aircraft as soon as it comes into port. When this scene of the film was shot, the vessel happened to be making a quick turn-around and had not had time to offload the aircraft. The USS Stennis is the largest aircraft carrier in the Navy's fleet.

- There is a scene in the film in which horses and riders gallop through Anza Borrego State Park. Prior to filming this scene, the film crew was required to hire an archaeologist and his team to perform a biological and paleontological resource assessment. In other words, the team hand-dusted the area from Fonts Wash to Fonts Point—a four-mile stretch of trail— in order to be sure no artifacts would be disturbed by the horses and riders.

- In the Anza Borrego shot, we see the Thunderbirds fly over the horseback riders. Many meetings with Air Force personnel were required to set up this shot. Flight paths for both the Thunderbirds and the helicopter film crew had to be carefully charted and arranged. The jets travel so fast that they would not be able to see the helicopter in time to avoid intercepting its flight path. Timing its departure and GPS location very precisely, the helicopter departed only a few miles from the filming rendezvous point, while the Thunderbirds took off from Nellis Air Force base, near Las Vegas, more than 200 miles away.

- Lt. Col. Brian Bishop, the Thunderbirds' lead pilot, uses the code name Be-Bop. The lead pilot for the Thunderbirds may hold his or her position for no more than three years, and Lt. Col. Brian Bishop's participation in the filming of this sequence for Soarin' Over California constituted his final flight as commander of the Thunderbirds.

- The film crew had to arrange and budget for a special staging of the Disneyland parade to film the final sequence for Soarin' Over California. In order to set up and film the shot, parade cast members repeatedly took small steps forward and then back again to resume

I post this to show you just how much work, time, and money went into the current Soarin' film. While I really want to see a new one I think they should wait until they can put as much effort into creating a great new film as they did on the original.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Very nice video.

Florida may not have the varied topography of California, however there is some very beautiful sites and interesting topography that can't be found elsewhere.

I also vote for the world wide Soarin, though.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
They should have each of the two theaters going to a seperate film. Keep the California film, because you can't get that much varied landscape in one state anywhere else, and do either "Soarin' USA", or Alaska.

General Grizz

I vote for a new film: Soarin' over The Land

Showcasing WORLDWIDE regions - from California to the New York Island to Europe to Africa to Austrailia. That seems closer in tune to the Land's story in my opinion. :)

dmmgp2000

Wow, that video was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I loved the Sunshine Skyway bridge shot at the beginning and the space shuttle taking off. I guess a Soarin' Over Florida wouldn't be so bad after all if Disney could get nice shots like that. But I'm in the group that thinks it should be all of USA or the World.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
someone answer this...i can somehow get the answer from what your saying about a world video but do you think they will actually change the video after the happiest celebration on earth...i mean it's called soarin' for a reason...you could change the video to anything where the title soarin over california the video can't change. what do you all think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom