Soarin for young kids

MickeyFan77

We leave in 5 days and I was wondering if anyone has taken a young kid on Soarin and if so how did they react? I have a dd who is 4 and just meets the height requirements (she is 40.5 ins) and know there are very few big rides that she will like but I am hoping this is something the whole family can go on. Any input?

lumpydj

My DD was 6 when she first went on Soarin'. She LOVED it. It is a very gentle ride. Definitely a whole family ride. Have fun!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

Our DS was tall enought at 3 yrs old and rode it multiple times that trip. We simply explained to him what was going to happen and even though the have a strap that goes between little ones legs, I still kept my hand on the strap to make me feel better.

He is now 4 and he loves it.

If she is tall enough for Soarin' she will also be tall enough for Test Track. OUr DS was a little scared of this ride at first, but he rode it again after his 1st time and really enjoys it.

I hope you have a great trip!!!

Niki

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We took our daughter on when she was 4. She was a little scared at first, and I held on to her all the time, but she loved it and wanted to ride again.

Upvote 0

RedGear

Both my cousins who were 5 at the time went on it, and they loved it. My aunt who hates heights on the other hand, didn't do well, but she usually doesn't ride much. Your kid should be fine. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

wild01ride

We took our little guy who is 4 (and about 39.75 in. tall - the CM at the gate graciously put her hand on the height indicator to touch his head and confirm that he was "tall enough" to enjoy the ride).
He was a little nervous just when the mechanism lifted into the air. After that, he LOVED it!

On a side note, he also enjoyed Test Track, Tower of Terror, and Splash Mountain (twice!) - he begged to go on Splash Mountain more, but since we were on a tight schedule (and it was his first time ever to WDW, or any themed park such as this), we had to move on to other attractions.
The best thing is to judge what their comfort level seems to be. Don't be pushy, but point out other children (if there are any!) entering the attraction and enforce that the ride will be fun and exciting (not "thrilling").

Regardless, have fun and enjoy sharing WDW with your daughter. As a lifelong WDW fanatic, no trip was as Magical and rewarding as experiencing it with our 4-year old!

Upvote 0

cooleo

You should not have a problem with her on this ride. I would think she will like it as it really is very smooth. It is really just the sensation of Flying.

Upvote 0

BeachClubDad

My son was 41" and 3 years old when he first went on it in Feb. 2006 - since then he has been on it over and over and over - it was definitely a highlight for him, and not scary at all! She will love it!

Upvote 0

mgraef

I recommend starting smaller than Soarin. My son watched it over and over on the Disney website but the size of the attraction caught him off guard.

He ended up sobbing as I took him on Nemo, which he then insisted that we ride over and over. Depends on the kid. My sister's daughter loves anything, while my son is a little more cautious.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

Our son rode it for the first time when he was 3. He did fine. We attempted to ride it a second time and he had a fit. He refused to ride it. He gave no indication the first time that he didn't like it. When we went back at age 4, he rode it and loved it. It is a very gentle ride and really gives a sense of flying. It is a wonderful ride.

I highly recommend it. Make sure to look for the hidden Mickey.

Upvote 0

2excitedkids

my kids were 3 1/2 and 6 when we went this past feb. they both loved soarin, test track, splash mountain, btmr, as for tot they road it without crying but i don't think they would do it again.

my son who is 6 cried like a baby on nemo and also on mickey's philharmagic show. he doesn't like things that are dark and erie, oh yeah he almost started crying on snow white.

it depends on the kid though, like others said i was beside of the little one dad was on the other side of the big one where we could keep one hand on them at all time!

Upvote 0

amandagibbins

My son turned four while we were there and loved soarin well he loved all the rides he was big enough for including tower of terror and he is doing his best to eat all of his dinners so he can grow really tall so he can go on even bigger rides in sept 2008!:animwink:

Upvote 0

MickeyFan77

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input. I am hoping that since we will all be on it she will go to. Her big brother loves rides for the most part, can't get him on TOT, so I hope she follows along.

ONLY 5 MORE SLEEPS!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom