So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I am enjoying it! A lot of the plots have felt repetitive though. Like half the episodes out at the moment are “we did something wrong but we can’t get caught or else we are in big trouble!”. Other than that, it’s a very fun show.
It's a very solid animated sitcom that could grow to be really great if the wrinkles and repetitiveness get ironed out. I'm enjoying it though!

I want this
You can have it! I'm gonna be buying one for myself soon lol

Let it be known that I have watched The Suicide Squad every single day since its release.
Making Milton Proud

View attachment 579420

RIP Posiedon’s Fury, and allegedly long live elves, magic and piggish creatures 😉
I'm sad to see it possibly go, but if Zelda DOES replace it I'd be very happy

Suchomimus

View attachment 579420

RIP Posiedon’s Fury, and allegedly long live elves, magic and piggish creatures 😉

ofM0KfTZ13g.jpg

tcool123

YALL THE MOMMENT HAS ARRIVED. LIZZO HAS ENTERED HER NEW ERA, AND THE RESULT? SHE LOOKS BLOODY STUNNING!!!! THE VISUAULS, THE SOUND, THE COSTUMING. UGH IS THERE ANYTHING SHE CAN'T DO

AND CARDI'S VERSE WAS SO ENTERTAINING STRAIGHT UP LAUGHED TO HER PART. GOD THIS IS JUST AMAZING 😍😍😍😍😍

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
IMG_6942.jpeg

Waffle's Trip Report
Lagoon - 8/7/21

Last weekend I visited Lagoon, an amusement park near Salt Lake City, for the first time. Lagoon is probably the closest thing to my "local" park. I live in southern Idaho, so park options are kind of scarce, but Lagoon is only about a 5-hour drive away, making it the closest amusement or theme park to me. (A close second is Silverwood, at about 7.5 hours away.)

I drove down Friday afternoon, stopping for dinner at In-N-Out, of course, and prepared to head to the park the next morning. The scheduled opening time was 10 AM, but I arrived about an hour beforehand. I had nothing better to do, and I wasn't sure how many people would be there, this being a Saturday in August. When I arrived there were only a few people waiting outside, and park staff could be seen making the rounds inside finishing up the pre-opening clean-up.

IMG_6947.jpeg

Soon after I got in line, people started arriving in droves. In fact, the area outside the gate was getting so crowded that park staff began checking tickets and letting people into the very front of the park early. I quickly eyed the locker areas, just past where they were stopping guests, and thus inaccessible to me until they officially opened the park. At about 9:45, they expanded the area of the park that was open, giving me an opportunity to quickly snag a locker rental and stash some of my stuff. At 10 AM, the scheduled opening time, staff "rope-dropped" and began letting people into the whole park and to all attractions.

IMG_6953.jpeg

First up on the list was Cannibal, one of the latest additions to Lagoon. Opening in 2015, it was the steepest coaster in the world for a short time, with a beyond-vertical 116° drop.

IMG_6965.jpeg

What was a non-existent line before 10AM quickly became quite possibly the longest line at Lagoon, stretching about a quarter of the way across the park. Luckily, as @D Hulk informed me, Cannibal is a real "people-eater", and the line moved fairly quickly. I soon (too soon, some would say) arrived at the loading area and began rethinking my life choices.

IMG_6966.jpeg

I highly recommend watching a Cannibbal POV, but even that doesn't do the real thing justice. Vehicle-wise, you're seated in three rows of four seats each, along with eleven others. I was "lucky" enough to be seated in the front row, which makes the whole experience that much more exhilarating; especially the first drop, which you can only actually see coming from the front row. The only things keeping you and your 11 new closest friends in your seats are lap restraints. After a near pitch-black elevator lift accompanied by some foreboding music, you pause for a randomized amount of time at the very top of the coaster, looking out over what feels like a third of the state. Then, you go over.

The negative G-force is extremely intense. If you enjoy feeling like you'll fall out of your seats repeatedly, you'll love Cannibal. Potentially the highlight of the entire experience is the "Lagoon Roll." After slowing down on a short brake run, you experience a near 360° counterclockwise barrel roll. Before getting all the way back to right-side-up, you go back over for a clockwise barrel roll. You grow mighty attached to that lap bar of yours.

Oh, and did I mention that Cannibal was my first ever beyond-vertical drop, first ever inversion, and fifth-ever coaster? Makes it a bit more intense. Overall, Cannibal was fantastic, and while it wasn't my favorite coaster of the day, I still ended up braving the long wait again to do it a second time in the afternoon.

After Cannibal, I took my time crossing the park to Colossus: The Fire Dragon. The wait here was unbelievably short, and it stayed that way the entire day. I quickly arrived at the loading zone and climbed into my seat.

Now, some quick backstory. I'm not usually afraid of heights. I was perfectly fine on Cannibal. However, Colossus absolutely killed me. The slow climb up the lift hill, combined with being on the edge of the car instead of in the middle, made it too suspenseful for my comfort. Other than that, however, I absolutely loved Colossus. The double loop and continuous intense G-force were incredibly thrilling. I ended up doing Colossus a total of four times that day.

After Colossus, I took a relaxing break and rode the Sky Ride across the park. I would show a picture of the view, but while I'm not afraid of heights, I'm absolutely terrified of dropping things from heights, so my phone remained comfortably stowed in my pack for the duration of the ride.

IMG_6967.jpeg

Debarking, I was ready for another quick ride before grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. Heading back towards the middle of the park, I quickly hopped in line for Dracula's Castle. I'm not a big fan of terror rides, but I thought I'd do it for the experience. It's a pretty simple, quirky old ride, but it's a bit of a Lagoon classic. (While I did do Dracula's Castle, I didn't do Terroride. The line was just too long, and it stayed that way almost all day.)

After grabbing some lunch from a quick service place, I ventured back to Cannibal. This time, though the wait was a bit longer, I was in the back row, and I enjoyed it a bit more than the front.

After Cannibal, I made my way to the Lagoon classic, Roller Coaster. This wooden coaster has quite a history. It went through several names, was partially destroyed and rebuilt after a fire, and turned a hundred years old earlier this year. I loved Roller Coaster, and it was definitely in my top five. Of course, since it's not lit, it's even better after the sun has set. I did Roller Coaster three times that day.

IMG_6960.jpeg

The second time I rode Roller Coaster, it broke down. Our train was about to reenter the loading zone, and the second train was on the (now-stopped) lift hill. It took about fifteen minutes for them to sort it out and slowly pull our train back into the loading zone.

After Roller Coaster, it was on to Wicked. A relatively new addition to the park, opening in 2007, Wicked holds up as one of the best offerings in the park and had consistently long wait times all day. It was very much worth it, however. The LSM launch was incredible, and the rest of the coaster was thrilling to match. The only complaint I had with Wicked was its length. If it was just a little longer it would quite possibly be my number one for the whole park.

IMG_6969.jpeg

As I was still on the coaster-heavy side of the park, I next made my way over to Wild Mouse. I'd never done a wild mouse coaster before, and man those things are scarier than they look. It was still a fun ride and a nice break from the more intense coaster.

I stopped to get some water, and then made my way to the very back end of the park, searching for Rattlesnake Rapids. The line here was unbelievably long, stretching all the way back past Log Flume. Nonetheless, after grabbing a tasty Dole Whip from Rattlesnake Grub, I was ready to sit it out. Overall, it was a fun raft ride. Nothing too special, but a fun way to cool off on a hot day.

IMG_6973.jpeg

Next I quickly hit up BonBora (it was good, but too short) and Bat (really fun, but the wait was way too long), before heading back to the other end of the park for Spider.

Spider was a mixed bag. I'm 6'4", so fitting my legs in was a little challenging, but not too bad. The spinning was great, but I think it would've been better if our car had been loaded with two on one side. Sadly, since I was a single rider, I had no control over that. Other than that, it was a fun family coaster.

After I finished Spider, I was ready for dinner. There was what looked like a relatively new German village themed area with a couple dining establishments. Nothing stellar, but the food was okay, and the air conditioning was much appreciated.

After dinner, it was time for rerides! I took my time doing Colossus, Wicked, the Sky Ride (this time at night), Colossus, Roller Coaster, and Colossus again. (Can you tell I liked Colossus?) After that, the park was nearing its 10PM closing time, so I got my stuff from my locker, grabbed a souvenir map, and headed out to beat the crowd.

Lagoon was fantastic, and it boosted my coaster count from a measly four to a respectable twelve. And, for the things I missed, a return visit in the future isn't out of the question.​

Disney Warrior

View attachment 579596

Waffle's Trip Report
Lagoon - 8/7/21

Last weekend I visited Lagoon, an amusement park near Salt Lake City, for the first time. Lagoon is probably the closest thing to my "local" park. I live in southern Idaho, so park options are kind of scarce, but Lagoon is only about a 5-hour drive away, making it the closest amusement or theme park to me. (A close second is Silverwood, at about 7.5 hours away.)

I drove down Friday afternoon, stopping for dinner at In-N-Out, of course, and prepared to head to the park the next morning. The scheduled opening time was 10 AM, but I arrived about an hour beforehand. I had nothing better to do, and I wasn't sure how many people would be there, this being a Saturday in August. When I arrived there were only a few people waiting outside, and park staff could be seen making the rounds inside finishing up the pre-opening clean-up.

View attachment 579597

Soon after I got in line, people started arriving in droves. In fact, the area outside the gate was getting so crowded that park staff began checking tickets and letting people into the very front of the park early. I quickly eyed the locker areas, just past where they were stopping guests, and thus inaccessible to me until they officially opened the park. At about 9:45, they expanded the area of the park that was open, giving me an opportunity to quickly snag a locker rental and stash some of my stuff. At 10 AM, the scheduled opening time, staff "rope-dropped" and began letting people into the whole park and to all attractions.

View attachment 579599

First up on the list was Cannibal, one of the latest additions to Lagoon. Opening in 2015, it was the steepest coaster in the world for a short time, with a beyond-vertical 116° drop.

View attachment 579604

What was a non-existent line before 10AM quickly became quite possibly the longest line at Lagoon, stretching about a quarter of the way across the park. Luckily, as @D Hulk informed me, Cannibal is a real "people-eater", and the line moved fairly quickly. I soon (too soon, some would say) arrived at the loading area and began rethinking my life choices.

View attachment 579605

I highly recommend watching a Cannibbal POV, but even that doesn't do the real thing justice. Vehicle-wise, you're seated in three rows of four seats each, along with eleven others. I was "lucky" enough to be seated in the front row, which makes the whole experience that much more exhilarating; especially the first drop, which you can only actually see coming from the front row. The only things keeping you and your 11 new closest friends in your seats are lap restraints. After a near pitch-black elevator lift accompanied by some foreboding music, you pause for a randomized amount of time at the very top of the coaster, looking out over what feels like a third of the state. Then, you go over.

The negative G-force is extremely intense. If you enjoy feeling like you'll fall out of your seats repeatedly, you'll love Cannibal. Potentially the highlight of the entire experience is the "Lagoon Roll." After slowing down on a short brake run, you experience a near 360° counterclockwise barrel roll. Before getting all the way back to right-side-up, you go back over for a clockwise barrel roll. You grow mighty attached to that lap bar of yours.

Oh, and did I mention that Cannibal was my first ever beyond-vertical drop, first ever inversion, and fifth-ever coaster? Makes it a bit more intense. Overall, Cannibal was fantastic, and while it wasn't my favorite coaster of the day, I still ended up braving the long wait again to do it a second time in the afternoon.

After Cannibal, I took my time crossing the park to Colossus: The Fire Dragon. The wait here was unbelievably short, and it stayed that way the entire day. I quickly arrived at the loading zone and climbed into my seat.

Now, some quick backstory. I'm not usually afraid of heights. I was perfectly fine on Cannibal. However, Colossus absolutely killed me. The slow climb up the lift hill, combined with being on the edge of the car instead of in the middle, made it too suspenseful for my comfort. Other than that, however, I absolutely loved Colossus. The double loop and continuous intense G-force were incredibly thrilling. I ended up doing Colossus a total of four times that day.

After Colossus, I took a relaxing break and rode the Sky Ride across the park. I would show a picture of the view, but while I'm not afraid of heights, I'm absolutely terrified of dropping things from heights, so my phone remained comfortably stowed in my pack for the duration of the ride.

View attachment 579606

Debarking, I was ready for another quick ride before grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. Heading back towards the middle of the park, I quickly hopped in line for Dracula's Castle. I'm not a big fan of terror rides, but I thought I'd do it for the experience. It's a pretty simple, quirky old ride, but it's a bit of a Lagoon classic. (While I did do Dracula's Castle, I didn't do Terroride. The line was just too long, and it stayed that way almost all day.)

After grabbing some lunch from a quick service place, I ventured back to Cannibal. This time, though the wait was a bit longer, I was in the back row, and I enjoyed it a bit more than the front.

After Cannibal, I made my way to the Lagoon classic, Roller Coaster. This wooden coaster has quite a history. It went through several names, was partially destroyed and rebuilt after a fire, and turned a hundred years old earlier this year. I loved Roller Coaster, and it was definitely in my top five. Of course, since it's not lit, it's even better after the sun has set. I did Roller Coaster three times that day.

View attachment 579602

The second time I rode Roller Coaster, it broke down. Our train was about to reenter the loading zone, and the second train was on the (now-stopped) lift hill. It took about fifteen minutes for them to sort it out and slowly pull our train back into the loading zone.

After Roller Coaster, it was on to Wicked. A relatively new addition to the park, opening in 2007, Wicked holds up as one of the best offerings in the park and had consistently long wait times all day. It was very much worth it, however. The LSM launch was incredible, and the rest of the coaster was thrilling to match. The only complaint I had with Wicked was its length. If it was just a little longer it would quite possibly be my number one for the whole park.

View attachment 579610

As I was still on the coaster-heavy side of the park, I next made my way over to Wild Mouse. I'd never done a wild mouse coaster before, and man those things are scarier than they look. It was still a fun ride and a nice break from the more intense coaster.

I stopped to get some water, and then made my way to the very back end of the park, searching for Rattlesnake Rapids. The line here was unbelievably long, stretching all the way back past Log Flume. Nonetheless, after grabbing a tasty Dole Whip from Rattlesnake Grub, I was ready to sit it out. Overall, it was a fun raft ride. Nothing too special, but a fun way to cool off on a hot day.

View attachment 579609

Next I quickly hit up BonBora (it was good, but too short) and Bat (really fun, but the wait was way too long), before heading back to the other end of the park for Spider.

Spider was a mixed bag. I'm 6'4", so fitting my legs in was a little challenging, but not too bad. The spinning was great, but I think it would've been better if our car had been loaded with two on one side. Sadly, since I was a single rider, I had no control over that. Other than that, it was a fun family coaster.

After I finished Spider, I was ready for dinner. There was what looked like a relatively new German village themed area with a couple dining establishments. Nothing stellar, but the food was okay, and the air conditioning was much appreciated.

After dinner, it was time for rerides! I took my time doing Colossus, Wicked, the Sky Ride (this time at night), Colossus, Roller Coaster, and Colossus again. (Can you tell I liked Colossus?) After that, the park was nearing its 10PM closing time, so I got my stuff from my locker, grabbed a souvenir map, and headed out to beat the crowd.

Lagoon was fantastic, and it boosted my coaster count from a measly four to a respectable twelve. And, for the things I missed, a return visit in the future isn't out of the question.​
You ate at an In-An-Out, lucky you. I really want to try it, and I wish there was some in the Providence RI metro area, or at least in southeastern Mass. Anyways great trip report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom