So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal (Official Hub Thread)

spacemt354

Chili's
Sorry to be awol the last few days. Trying to catch up on posts/status.

Nice work on the logos @MonorailRed . Typos be damned. :) it's why we hate you are so busy these days we don't get to see work like that more often.

I can work on replacing that AML land art with the correct shining facade @spacemt354. With IT staying looks fairly fleshed out. Using both Bates Motel and the Norman house I assume and then will need restaurant/shopping areas sprinkled in?

Looks like you are trying to work on some HK stuff so if you wanna bounce ideas let me know.

Was thinking while this project picked up steam in the last few weeks it would be cool to have a Universal vacation/park announcement commercial of some sort when all is said and done to promote the park as an extra. I can try and be thinking about that as well as this rounds out more.
No worries - thanks for checking in! We do need a restaurant and shop for the American Mystery so if you have any thoughts on that, or if anyone else has any recommendations, it would be really helpful!

As for Hong Kong - I just finished the Fast and Furious ride, and actually now am a bit curious at how the Bourne attraction would shape up - as it's essentially a car chase as well, just a little more realistic. So I'm wondering if something else, maybe a roller coaster, could be implemented instead?

Disney Dad 3000

No worries - thanks for checking in! We do need a restaurant and shop for the American Mystery so if you have any thoughts on that, or if anyone else has any recommendations, it would be really helpful!

As for Hong Kong - I just finished the Fast and Furious ride, and actually now am a bit curious at how the Bourne attraction would shape up - as it's essentially a car chase as well, just a little more realistic. So I'm wondering if something else, maybe a roller coaster, could be implemented instead?

If this project was a little while back, Universal had a mystery tv channel at one time we could have tied the restaurant into somehow. They were also going to do a film remake of Clue but 20th century fox has it now, and apparently going nowhere with it.

Disney Dad 3000

Is there another universal movie franchise that could take Bourne's place with an alternative style attraction to FandF? I ask because we could potentially theme the Stunt show to Bourne instead with hand to hand combat in dingy street sets, stunts, motorcycle chases, some small watercraft, etc.

BigThunder26

2017-10-02.png

As you enter an abandoned car warehouse in the seedy street corner of Hong Kong, you meander around a garage until you see a black Dodge Charger which turns its lights on. Dom Toretto is seen on a screen to your left and tells you that you have to meet him and his crew as you the guests have been tracked to the warehouse by Owen Shaw and you need to help Dom escape from his wrath. Dom provides you with a new type of vehicle he has been testing - a turbo drift Dodge - which guests can then see in the garage. The turbo drift Dodge has no roof and is capable of going 0-70 in less than 3 seconds. As you listen to Dom lend over the video to Hobbs as he explains the safety procedures, you then enter the load area where you proceed into your vehicles.

The ride mechanism is very similar to one seen in Spider-Man or Transformers, two of Universal's other attractions in their various theme parks - which involves a mix of 3D screens and physical motion to create a more visceral ride experience than simply a 3D screen.

As you enter your vehicles, they travel out of the abandoned warehouse. You then feel a rumbling and a propeller outside the container that you are in - and the music - Speakerbox by Bassnectar, begins. A sense of unease overcomes the vehicle until you see the door in front of you open and a rush of wind flows into the room. You discover you're actually in a plane thousands of feet above the ground...and as the beat drops, your vehicle drifts out of the plane and descends through the clouds.
how-furious-7-dropped-real-cars-from-planes-in-its-most-ridiculous-stunt-yet.jpg

With the music jamming behind you, a parachute extends out of your vehicle and you float down into a car chase led by Dom in order to capture Owen Shaw. The cars smash into each other and your car weaves in and out of the chase, as you see people flying in between the various vehicles, gun fire raining from every area, and suddenly, Hobbs is driving a massive tank which comes out of nowhere and fires at Owen's car - sending it flying over the edge.
55016600-4096x1940.jpg

Somehow though, Owen is able to escape into another vehicle, and as you approach a bridge, he is able to take control of another vehicle, forcing the tank to divert into the side rail, flipping it on its side and crashing into your vehicle, sending it spinning around the guard rails.
bcu6lwvipue93nvu7dbr.png

Dom leaps over the gap in between the highways, and at breakneck speeds, somehow saves his family and lands on your hood.

"Nice save" - he tells you "now let's hit that Turbo Drift"

Suddenly your vehicle launches forward, weaving in and out of traffic before you reach Hong Kong and soar through the streets dodging fire from Owen and his crew as you go into a neon tunnel and careen through the immense traffic.
hong_kong_car_chase_by_magicwax-d5d7b9j.jpg

Once you escape the tunnel, you turn into a construction elevator on the side of a building, which takes off into the skies As you begin to ascend, you can see Owen Shaw and his crew following you up the side of the building with jet propulsion on their cars (hey...it's Fast and Furious...anything happens:p)

As the jet propulsion on their vehicles rockets them to your level...Dom yells out to hit the turbo drift once again -- boosting you off the elevator on the side of the building and suspending you in mid-air, as everything becomes slow motion. As you're flying through the air in slow motion, a rocket bazooka is launched at the back of your vehicle, but rather than blowing it up, it actually reacts with the turbo drift fuel and propels you further - launching you to safety in the other building.
ST_20170411_LIFJUMP_3066595.jpg

In the other building you drift to a halt, and you see Owen and his crew attempt to use their jet propulsion to extend themselves over to the other building, but they end up running out of fuel and descend into the ground below. Just when you think you're out of harm's way...your vehicle begins to drift out the window of the other side of the building on a slant. As you fall out the window and begin to descend with gravity, Hobbs flies a propeller plane above you and attaches a hook onto the back of your vehicle rescuing it before you reach the ground. You then travel back to the warehouse but not before the tracking devices are disabled and you are safe to exit. Dom thanks you for your loyalty and tells you that you are now a part of his family.

Looks good! However, the plot may have to be updated to reflect the eighth movie. I don't want to spoil too much, but I'll just say that it wouldn't make much sense for Owen Shaw to be the villain here.

D Hulk

A disclaimer -- I know very little about the Fast and Furious franchise (only the little bit I researched and the song which sounded like it fit really well with the high octane attraction.) I also know that these movies started out semi-realistic and are now basically fantasy action superhero movies haha -- so I used that to my advantage in the ride through:p
For knowing little about the F&F franchise, I'd say you did a pretty good job of catching its spirit. These films are a major guilty pleasure of mine, so I might actually enjoy taking a crack at a ride through too if you don't mind, using the same ride system. Think we could work Mr. Nobody's base of operations into the preshow, and have the ride story concern a high speed heist. I'm for using Theron's baddie as the antagonist.

One of Dom's family cookouts needs to be a restaurant.

For American Mystery, I propose we use Murder She Wrote for restaurants. The setting is Cabot Cove, a coastal town in Maine, perfectly in keeping with our Stephen King stuff. And MSW still features prominently on the USH tram tour.

We can do a quick service crab shack with lobster bisque and clam chowder and such. We can also do a table service eatery complete with a murder mystery dinner theater performance, where you're encouraged to solve the crime. Could be really unique!

For store, how about King's Needful Things? It's a quaint Maine antique shop...with a dark secret!
Is there another universal movie franchise that could take Bourne's place with an alternative style attraction to FandF? I ask because we could potentially theme the Stunt show to Bourne instead with hand to hand combat in dingy street sets, stunts, motorcycle chases, some small watercraft, etc.
Bourne would certainly work for the stunt show!

Looking over Uni's action film lists, little else stands out which fits the contemporary vibe of Bourne or F&F. Franchises which could fit, like Taken or Die Hard, both belong to Fox. If we assuming licensing deals, Die Hard lets us do a drop tower instead of another car chase ride...it's reasonable to assume the Nakatomi corporation has a skyscraper in Hong Kong. Not sure how we feel about that.

Disney Dad 3000

Looking over Uni's action film lists, little else stands out which fits the contemporary vibe of Bourne or F&F. Franchises which could fit, like Taken or Die Hard, both belong to Fox. If we assuming licensing deals, Die Hard lets us do a drop tower instead of another car chase ride...it's reasonable to assume the Nakatomi corporation has a skyscraper in Hong Kong. Not sure how we feel about that.

Yeah, that was the only issue. Couldn't think of any other Universal action flicks that fit the bill.
The only alternative off the wall idea I had at the moment was actually doing a Blues Brothers attraction. Something like Hong Kong Blues finding the boys doing their routine at some seedy backstreet club in Hong kong. But then I kept coming back to a car attraction unless you did something like RnRC or a coaster with slow dark scenes thrown in.

Will have to think on that ride offering for HK. Maybe there's a Bourne ride idea that fits and we keep lineup as is.

D Hulk

Yeah, that was the only issue. Couldn't think of any other Universal action flicks that fit the bill.
The only alternative off the wall idea I had at the moment was actually doing a Blues Brothers attraction. Something like Hong Kong Blues finding the boys doing their routine at some seedy backstreet club in Hong kong. But then I kept coming back to a car attraction unless you did something like RnRC or a coaster with slow dark scenes thrown in.

Will have to think on that ride offering for HK. Maybe there's a Bourne ride idea that fits and we keep lineup as is.
Since F&F is a dark ride, doing Bourne as a car chase coaster might be distinct enough. Besides, UniMK needs more coasters.

IMG_5992.JPG

Dueling car coaster at Ferrari World. Of course, any car coaster we do will have an exposed structure, so it's not immersive. Amother possibility is like Test Track, but Uni can't do that.

DisneyFan18

Hi, I've been working on my concept for the Fantastic Beasts Mini Land at UniMK, as I developed it I worked along side @spacemt354 to make sure it fits with his idea for the park. Without further due, welcome to:

New York Square

fantastic_beasts_dreamscene_animated_background_by_sachso74-dani0sf.png

Venture in a world where magic is real and mystical creatures roam free. At New York Square, you’ll be able to visit some of your favorite places from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them™ such as Kowalski Quality Baker Goods and the Magical Congress of the United States of America.

Attractions

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them™: Within the New York Square, you must be in the lookout for the Magical Congress of the United States of America, where a thrilling, one of its kind, interactive experience is waiting for you. During this magical and unique experience, you’ll be helping Newt Scamander find the mystical creatures that he lost through the city, but don’t worry they don’t bite, or at least that’s what he said.

vlcsnap-2016-07-25-11h16m34s270.png

Shops

Ilvermony Bookstore: At New York Square, you’ll be able to buy the books for your classes at Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry™, as well as some other magical souvenirs, at the Ilvermorny Bookstore.
rizzoli-bookstore-new_york_315_rizzoli_bookstore_4e9321fc6a1074205b0000e1_store_main_new.jpg

Restaurants

Kowalski Quality Baked Goods: Before stepping into the magical world of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them™, you might want to grab a pastry at Kowalski Quality Baked Goods. And if you’re lucky enough, you’ll be able to spot some magical creatures!

628394914-733x1024.jpg

The Blind Pig: After a long day, you can come and hang out at the Blind Pig, here you’ll be fully immersed in a 1920’s wizarding speakeasy and Jazz Club. However, you must be careful with who you talk, there might be a MACUSA agent amongst the crowds...

latest

———————————————————————————————————————
I'll try to post the ride details by Thursday :)

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I actually really like the idea of having Bourne be a stunt show -- which could be not just cars but everything you mention - great suggestion!

spacemt354

Chili's
As for another action film - Pacific Rim is Universal -- which maybe could involve a coaster hybrid. Thoughts on that?

I'd prefer to keep the coasters in UniMK to around 3-4 max, with more in UniSEA for the teen/adult crowd. Preferably one in Hong Kong, Jurassic World (hybrid), Mushroom Kingdom, and Illumination -- which will be coming soon:bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
For knowing little about the F&F franchise, I'd say you did a pretty good job of catching its spirit. These films are a major guilty pleasure of mine, so I might actually enjoy taking a crack at a ride through too if you don't mind, using the same ride system. Think we could work Mr. Nobody's base of operations into the preshow, and have the ride story concern a high speed heist. I'm for using Theron's baddie as the antagonist.

One of Dom's family cookouts needs to be a restaurant.

For American Mystery, I propose we use Murder She Wrote for restaurants. The setting is Cabot Cove, a coastal town in Maine, perfectly in keeping with our Stephen King stuff. And MSW still features prominently on the USH tram tour.

We can do a quick service crab shack with lobster bisque and clam chowder and such. We can also do a table service eatery complete with a murder mystery dinner theater performance, where you're encouraged to solve the crime. Could be really unique!

For store, how about King's Needful Things? It's a quaint Maine antique shop...with a dark secret!

Really like keeping the Maine backdrop - fantastic thoughts on the restaurant/shops! I'm all for those to be included.

If you'd like to take a stab at F&F or edit the existing one feel free - would much rather have someone familiar with the property be the main braintrust behind it rather than someone just looking up stuff briefly on Wikipedia. :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Hi, I've been working on my concept for the Fantastic Beasts Mini Land at UniMK, as I developed it I worked along side @spacemt354 to make sure it fits with his idea for the park. Without further due, welcome to:

New York Square

fantastic_beasts_dreamscene_animated_background_by_sachso74-dani0sf.png

Venture in a world where magic is real and mystical creatures roam free. At New York Square, you’ll be able to visit some of your favorite places from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them™ such as Kowalski Quality Baker Goods and the Magical Congress of the United States of America.

Attractions

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them™: Within the New York Square, you must be in the lookout for the Magical Congress of the United States of America, where a thrilling, one of its kind, interactive experience is waiting for you. During this magical and unique experience, you’ll be helping Newt Scamander find the mystical creatures that he lost through the city, but don’t worry they don’t bite, or at least that’s what he said.

vlcsnap-2016-07-25-11h16m34s270.png

Shops

Ilvermony Bookstore: At New York Square, you’ll be able to buy the books for your classes at Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry™, as well as some other magical souvenirs, at the Ilvermorny Bookstore.
rizzoli-bookstore-new_york_315_rizzoli_bookstore_4e9321fc6a1074205b0000e1_store_main_new.jpg

Restaurants

Kowalski Quality Baked Goods: Before stepping into the magical world of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them™, you might want to grab a pastry at Kowalski Quality Baked Goods. And if you’re lucky enough, you’ll be able to spot some magical creatures!

628394914-733x1024.jpg

The Blind Pig: After a long day, you can come and hang out at the Blind Pig, here you’ll be fully immersed in a 1920’s wizarding speakeasy and Jazz Club. However, you must be careful with who you talk, there might be a MACUSA agent amongst the crowds...

latest

———————————————————————————————————————
I'll try to post the ride details by Thursday :)
Wonderful! When I include the new updated map (I have to anyway for Bourne as the stunt show among other things) - your stuff will be in there! Thank you for this!

D Hulk

As for another action film - Pacific Rim is Universal -- which maybe could involve a coaster hybrid. Thoughts on that?

I'd prefer to keep the coasters in UniMK to around 3-4 max, with more in UniSEA for the teen/adult crowd. Preferably one in Hong Kong, Jurassic World (hybrid), Mushroom Kingdom, and Illumination -- which will be coming soon:bookworm:
UniSEA presently has 4 coasters.

An intense launched looping coaster (like Hulk or Maverick) in Wells Laboratories.
A wooden coaster in Skull Island.
Racing junior coasters in Pokemon Land.
And a Mummy clone in Transylvania.

Would be curious what specific coaster types you have in mind for UniMK.

DisneyFan18

I think that a Pacific Rim coaster would be cool, and it would fit since at some point (if I remember correctly) the movie takes place in Hong Kong, maybe it could be some sort of SFX Coaster?

spacemt354

Chili's
UniSEA presently has 4 coasters.

An intense launched looping coaster (like Hulk or Maverick) in Wells Laboratories.
A wooden coaster in Skull Island.
Racing junior coasters in Pokemon Land.
And a Mummy clone in Transylvania.

Would be curious what specific coaster types you have in mind for UniMK.
I think that a Pacific Rim coaster would be cool, and it would fit since at some point (if I remember correctly) the movie takes place in Hong Kong, maybe it could be some sort of SFX Coaster?
So I'm liking the idea of an SFX coaster for Pacific Rim. This could be the high level thrill attraction

As it stands for the other coasters the ideas were.
A hybrid (Gringotts type) coaster for Jurassic World Gyrospheres which I have in my head I just need to type up
Someone mentioned a coaster for Nintendo that was gears towards families (forget the specific type)
And then a kiddie coaster based on Despicable Me/Minions for Illumination Station

DisneyFan18

So I'm liking the idea of an SFX coaster for Pacific Rim. This could be the high level thrill attraction

As it stands for the other coasters the ideas were.
A hybrid (Gringotts type) coaster for Jurassic World Gyrospheres which I have in my head I just need to type up
Someone mentioned a coaster for Nintendo that was gears towards families (forget the specific type)
And then a kiddie coaster based on Despicable Me/Minions for Illumination Station
I believe the Nintendo coaster was the DK one :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom