So, You Want to be an Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition (Season 13: Get a Clue)

FigmentPigments

Based off the acclaimed British-American horror comedy from 1981, An American Werewolf in London, comes the ride based off the question, "Where did the original werewolf come from?" In the original movie, two Americans backpacking through the English country side are attacked by werewolf. Though one is killed, the other survives to become a werewolf on the night of the full moon. Although the original werewolf was killed by pub goers from the Slaughtered Lamb, it leaves the question how did the original werewolf come to be.

So Team Hightower Presents

the prequel ride:

American Werewolf: Awakening

The presence of the United Kingdom increases at Universal Studios Florida with the opening of American Werewolf: Awakening, a fast-paced, highly immersive "E-Ticket" attraction, complete with an accompanying counter-service restaurant and lush picnic area.

Based on the world of John Landis' An American Werewolf in London, guests will find themselves wandering along an old nature trail, surrounded by towering pine trees and engulfed by the peaceful yet foreboding sounds of wildlife scurrying about in the distance. After winding past the majestic facades of Leicester Square, belonging to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley, guests follow along "Kielder Trail," loosely-based on the real life trails surrounding Kielder Castle Forest Park in the United Kingdom.

They'll stop by a weathered pub along the trail known as "The Portly Shepherd," which incidentally functions as a counter service restaurant, serving a variety of flavorful meats and sides, complete with savory sauces to spice up the meals.

Guests are free to enjoy their meals under the covered roof of the "Kielder Forest Picnic Area." While the sun hovers over the entire trail, guests will enjoy the sensations of traveling along a forest trail on a warm summer day, but at night, the area takes on a more sinister look and feel.

The forest experience becomes all the more ominous as night falls. Guests might expect to hear the horrifying sounds of an unspeakably-ferocious beast howling in the distance, supplemented by the radio transmissions of frightened park rangers, broadcasting from the surrounding forest regions. PA speakers hanging from the wooden beams of the picnic area transmit multiple exchanges between a Kielder Castle Tour guide and frightened park ranger, who report unusual activity along the moors north of the castle.

View media item 1288
Further along the trail, guests reach a brick castle façade directly inspired by the real-life Kielder Castle. The attraction's main entrance features a marquee designed after a camping sign. Posters attached to wooden beams near the entrance advertise the Kielder Castle Tours service.

Guests are free to enter the standby queue, Universal Express queue, or single rider queue. After winding along switchbacks along the edges of the castle exterior, guests enter the castle itself via wooden doors.

Queue:

Guests enter a small room, filled with local trinkets, posters etc. They are treated with an animetronic which welcomes them to the tour. A rather homely looking woman, sitting on rocker and reading a woman's magazine, with the television blaring a repeat of old Universal Monster epics, such as Wolfman, in the background on a loop. She shakes some dirt off her frock, before standing up, and in a rather country manner. In a rather haughty, but obviously forced voice, she exclaims:

Avon: Hello! My name is Avon Lupintire! I am extremely happy you have joined us today for your...um, well, our tour. There's so much to see!

Guests continue to walk through the exhibits.

Avon: Well, well, lets get started with this. Now, this was my grandmother's, bless her soul. An actual working pair of exooootic ivory knitting needles, straight from the colonies!". Avon leans to the crowd and whispers, with a cockney accent "Though, I heard she bought them off some slum seller on the high street meself!

As guests continue, sharp eyed ones will notice that the knitting needles are tipped with wolves heads.

Guests continue to the next exhibit.

Avon: Welcome back to the castle tour, my friends! Here we have a true treasure of the realm, so you best not share it's location! It is my great-great-great-great-grandfather's sword!" As Avon tries to lift the heavy broadsword, with a wolf head as the hilt, and wolves swarming the blades, but it tumbles back to the ground with a clatter, as she can only heft the hilt. Her stilted pretension voice turns back into a gossiping cockney as she says, "This sword, it's been in the family for as long as anyone can remember, at least that is what my grandfather says, but me da, he told me the truth...he brought it back from him after the Great War, where he was stationed in the eastern europes. My da, he tought (sic) that the sword is cursed, and our blood is cursed because of it, and some in the village, like his business partners at the Slaughtered Lamb, his favorite Pub, agreed...but, we shall see!

Lightning flashes, and thunder claps as guests round the corner.

Avon: This over here is... Well would you look at that. One of you blokes are sneaking into the catacombs! So bloody rude! Very well, I guess we'll need to round up the rescue vehicles. The terrain down there is just awful on the feet. I'll be behind you. (whistles) Driver, pick up these old chaps and start off down corridor 2B. It looks as if you're going to get a special sneak peak at the catacombs. Normally, this area is blocked off. No body really knows what's down there. Ah well, probably just a bunch of old dead chaps.

The ride vehicle is now ready for passengers, and you board the vehicle. It takes off into the catacombs(Based off the look of of the Indy jeeps, but using the size and seating capacity of the Test Track vehicles, the unique vehicle will offer the motion range and maneuverability of the Transformer's ride vehicles.)

Scene 1:

Avon begins speaking through a radio speaker in the vehicle.

Avon: He.. he... hello... is this thing working? (banging sound) Well, now its working. Good day guests! It's me again! Since our little old chap had decided to sneak away, I guess I'll tell you about the castle's secret catacombs. Now you see, these catacombs were made shortly after the founding of the surrounding township. This is where the duke would hide the bodies of those he um... hadn't acquired a liking for. Rumor has it, the old bloke was a werewolf, and this place is locked up because of some 'curse' that turns people into werewolves. Stupid, bloody legends.

The vehicle continues for a short while before entering a small cave-like room, where the runaway tourist is on the ground throbbing in pain.

We go through a set of doors into the catacombs, where a dark tunnel and a quickly flickering light disorients us. As we exit out the tunnel, the screaming begins to get louder and louder. Our vehicle turns and the jeep's lights turn on. We see a tourist with ripped clothes and holding his head in pain.

Avon: Bloody hell. What's he doing? Hold on. Let me go get the ol' first aid.

The doors close as Avon leaves. The tourist stands straight and looks at his hands in horror and screams in pain as they begin growing. The sound of bones cracking and reforming get louder and louder until they overtake his screams. Hair begins growing on the tourist as his legs begin to snap. The jeep lights go out, the sound of bones cracking and horrid screaming echoing around us before the lights are turned on again, the tourist now on all fours begging for help. His back bones begin growing and showing shifting into a wolf's anatomy. The man's teeth grow razor sharp and his screams turn more and more feral and beast like.
full

Claws form on his hands and feet, which are now paws. His body is covered in gross, mangy hair. His ears turn pointed and he momentarily stops screaming. The tourist's face turns into a snout and he roars and howls, now a werewolf.

Avon: WHAT IN BLOODY HELL WAS THAT!!! Driver, get these people out of here. That curse, the werewolf curse. IT'S REAL!!!! (screams followed by the howls of the werewolf)

The vehicle takes off at an alarmingly quick pace.

Scene 2:

Your jeep crashes through the bushes. The werewolf jumps out behind you and begins chasing.
full

Your vehicle is in the moors, going full speed ahead. The werewolf still trailing. The wolf appears to latch onto the bumper, but loses grip and the right side of the bumper falls off. The wolf recedes into the moors, but not for long. You suddenly see a small pub on the side. You vehicle arrives at the Slaughtered Lamb pub.

Scene 3:

As you pull up to the pub, numerous people who had heard of the attack speak to you. Avon is also there, talking to some drinkers

Avon: Oy! There are the old blokes now!

Frankie: Ya'll be lucky to be alive. Here ya got an ol' wolf problem. I'll getcha some help. Oy! Nigel! Ya want to help these chaps with a wolf!?

Nigel pokes his head up from his drink and speaks in a gruff, scratchy voice

Nigel: Suppose so. You blokes head out. I'll deal with the wolf.

The vehicle proceeds away from the pub.

Scene 4:
Eerie howls seem to come from every direction and bushes seem to shake ominously.
[

Suddenly, the wolf catches up again.
full

As the two parties travel through the moors, it becomes a mad dash to the city of London.

Alas, at the end of the moors, with the wolf still on your tail, a car approaches. It swerves, spins, and hits the wolf. Nigel gets out of the car, and fights tires to fight the wolf off of the car.
full

He fails and the car flips over and catches fire. The werewolf howls in agony as it runs away from the fire, back into the moors. The vehicles make their way to the exit.

Exit:

The exit again takes you through another, more secret part of the castle. The sounds of creaking wood and nearby yet disembodies footsteps are plainly heard as guests pass rooms furnished with wooden chairs, replacement windows, circular tables, old cages, dusty cabinets and dimly-lit lanterns.

Last edited:

KingOfEpicocity

Based off the acclaimed British-American horror comedy from 1981, An American Werewolf in London, comes the ride based off the question, "Where did the original werewolf come from?" In the original movie, two Americans backpacking through the English country side are attacked by werewolf. Though one is killed, the other survives to become a werewolf on the night of the full moon. Although the original werewolf was killed by pub goers from the Slaughtered Lamb, it leaves the question how did the original werewolf come to be.

the prequel ride:

The presence of the United Kingdom increases at Universal Studios Florida with the opening of American Werewolf: Awakening, a fast-paced, highly immersive "E-Ticket" attraction, complete with an accompanying counter-service restaurant and lush picnic area.

Based on the world of John Landis' An American Werewolf in London, guests will find themselves wandering along an old nature trail, surrounded by towering pine trees and engulfed by the peaceful yet foreboding sounds of wildlife scurrying about in the distance. After winding past the majestic facades of Leicester Square, belonging to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley, guests follow along "Kielder Trail," loosely-based on the real life trails surrounding Kielder Castle Forest Park in the United Kingdom.

They'll stop by a weathered pub along the trail known as "The Portly Shepherd," which incidentally functions as a counter service restaurant, serving a variety of flavorful meats and sides, complete with savory sauces to spice up the meals.

Guests are free to enjoy their meals under the covered roof of the "Kielder Forest Picnic Area." While the sun hovers over the entire trail, guests will enjoy the sensations of traveling along a forest trail on a warm summer day, but at night, the area takes on a more sinister look and feel.

The forest experience becomes all the more ominous as night falls. Guests might expect to hear the horrifying sounds of an unspeakably-ferocious beast howling in the distance, supplemented by the radio transmissions of frightened park rangers, broadcasting from the surrounding forest regions. PA speakers hanging from the wooden beams of the picnic area transmit multiple exchanges between a Kielder Castle Tour guide and frightened park ranger, who report unusual activity along the moors north of the castle.

View media item 1288
Further along the trail, guests reach a brick castle façade directly inspired by the real-life Kielder Castle. The attraction's main entrance features a marquee designed after a camping sign. Posters attached to wooden beams near the entrance advertise the Kielder Castle Tours service.

Guests are free to enter the standby queue, Universal Express queue, or single rider queue. After winding along switchbacks along the edges of the castle exterior, guests enter the castle itself via wooden doors.

Queue:

Guests enter a small room, filled with local trinkets, posters etc. They are treated with an animetronic which welcomes them to the tour. A rather homely looking woman, sitting on rocker and reading a woman's magazine, with the television blaring a repeat of old Universal Monster epics, such as Wolfman, in the background on a loop. She shakes some dirt off her frock, before standing up, and in a rather country manner. In a rather haughty, but obviously forced voice, she exclaims:

Avon: Hello! My name is Avon Lupintire! I am extremely happy you have joined us today for your...um, well, our tour. There's so much to see!

Avon: Well, well, lets get started with this. Now, this was my grandmother's, bless her soul. An actual working pair of exooootic ivory knitting needles, straight from the colonies!". Avon leans to the crowd and whispers, with a cockney accent "Though, I heard she bought them off some slum seller on the high street meself!

As guests continue, sharp eyed ones will notice that the knitting needles are tipped with wolves heads.

Avon: Welcome back to the castle tour, my friends! Here we have a true treasure of the realm, so you best not share it's location! It is my great-great-great-great-grandfather's sword!" As Avon tries to lift the heavy broadsword, with a wolf head as the hilt, and wolves swarming the blades, but it tumbles back to the ground with a clatter, as she can only heft the hilt. Her stilted pretension voice turns back into a gossiping cockney as she says, "This sword, it's been in the family for as long as anyone can remember, at least that is what my grandfather says, but me da, he told me the truth...he brought it back from him after the Great War, where he was stationed in the eastern europes. My da, he tought (sic) that the sword is cursed, and our blood is cursed because of it, and some in the village, like his business partners at the Slaughtered Lamb, his favorite Pub, agreed...but, we shall see!

Avon: This over here is... Well would you look at that. One of you blokes are sneaking into the catacombs! So bloody rude! Very well, I guess we'll need to round up the rescue vehicles. The terrain down there is just awful on the feet. I'll be behind you. (whistles) Driver, pick up these old chaps and start off down corridor 2B. It looks as if you're going to get a special sneak peak at the catacombs. Normally, this area is blocked off. No body really knows what's down there. Ah well, probably just a bunch of old dead chaps.

The ride vehicle is now ready for passengers, and you board the vehicle. It takes off into the catacombs(Based off the look of of the Indy jeeps, but using the size and seating capacity of the Test Track vehicles, the unique vehicle will offer the motion range and maneuverability of the Transformer's ride vehicles.)

Scene 1:

Avon: He.. he... hello... is this thing working? (banging sound) Well, now its working. Good day guests! It's me again! Since our little old chap had decided to sneak away, I guess I'll tell you about the castle's secret catacombs. Now you see, these catacombs were made shortly after the founding of the surrounding township. This is where the duke would hide the bodies of those he um... hadn't acquired a liking for. Rumor has it, the old bloke was a werewolf, and this place is locked up because of some 'curse' that turns people into werewolves. Stupid, bloody legends.

The vehicle continues for a short while before entering a small cave-like room, where the runaway tourist is on the ground throbbing in pain.

We go through a set of doors into the catacombs, where a dark tunnel and a quickly flickering light disorients us. As we exit out the tunnel, the screaming begins to get louder and louder. Our vehicle turns and the jeep's lights turn on. We see a tourist with ripped clothes and holding his head in pain.

The doors close as Avon leaves. The tourist stands straight and looks at his hands in horror and screams in pain as they begin growing. The sound of bones cracking and reforming get louder and louder until they overtake his screams. Hair begins growing on the tourist as his legs begin to snap. The jeep lights go out, the sound of bones cracking and horrid screaming echoing around us before the lights are turned on again, the tourist now on all fours begging for help. His back bones begin growing and showing shifting into a wolf's anatomy. The man's teeth grow razor sharp and his screams turn more and more feral and beast like.
full

Claws form on his hands and feet, which are now paws. His body is covered in gross, mangy hair. His ears turn pointed and he momentarily stops screaming. The tourist's face turns into a snout and he roars and howls, now a werewolf.

Avon: WHAT IN BLOODY HELL WAS THAT!!! Driver, get these people out of here. That curse, the werewolf curse. IT'S REAL!!!! (screams followed by the howls of the werewolf)

Scene 2:

Your jeep crashes through the bushes. The werewolf jumps out behind you and begins chasing.
full

Your vehicle is in the moors, going full speed ahead. The werewolf still trailing. The wolf appears to latch onto the bumper, but loses grip and the right side of the bumper falls off. The wolf recedes into the moors, but not for long. You suddenly see a small pub on the side. You vehicle arrives at the Slaughtered Lamb pub.

Scene 3:

As you pull up to the pub, numerous people who had heard of the attack speak to you. Avon is also there, talking to some drinkers

Frankie: Ya'll be lucky to be alive. Here ya got an ol' wolf problem. I'll getcha some help. Oy! Nigel! Ya want to help these chaps with a wolf!?

Scene 4:
Eerie howls seem to come from every direction and bushes seem to shake ominously.
[

full

As the two parties travel through the moors, it becomes a mad dash to the city of London.

Alas, at the end of the moors, with the wolf still on your tail, a car approaches. It swerves, spins, and hits the wolf. Nigel gets out of the car, and fights tires to fight the wolf off of the car.
full

He fails and the car flips over and catches fire. The werewolf howls in agony as it runs away from the fire, back into the moors. The vehicles make their way to the exit.

Exit:

The exit again takes you through another, more secret part of the castle. The sounds of creaking wood and nearby yet disembodies footsteps are plainly heard as guests pass rooms furnished with wooden chairs, replacement windows, circular tables, old cages, dusty cabinets and dimly-lit lanterns.

You really can't beat those 3D renderings. Such fantastic work.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Beware. A trio of killers is in your midst and one person from each team is about to get killed off and sent to the Museum of the Weird where they will have a chance to get back in the game. From there the teams will have to come together knowing that there's someone working with them who could kill them off and send them to the Museum of the Weird at any moment!

Further info in this twist, plus my reviews of the first project, are happening live NOW! Find out who got killed off...

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
A Killer Twist

@iamaninsomniac, @disneydf and @Flippin'Flounder have been sent to the Museum of the Weird where they will participate in the same prompts as the players in the main game. If at any point Museum of the Weird members fail to submit a prompt they will be eliminated. The Museum of the Weird is only for people killed off with the killer twist and is not accessible to those eliminated via the normal process. At key points in the game the people in the Museum will vote among themselves for who they would like to see get back into the main game and that person will be granted a ticket back.

Meanwhile that leaves the rest of you with three killers in your midst. These killers can strike at any time at their own discretion. The first vote for who the teams think their killers are will happen in between rounds 2 and 3. If 3/5 people from any team correctly identify the killer then the killer is out of the game and sent to the Museum of the Weird. I will be setting up Trophy Rooms for each team to discuss among themselves who they think the killer is. Meanwhile you'll be working on creating projects just as you were last project. Just with a healthy dose of paranoia for good measure ;) The killers are NOT out to sabotage the projects, they just have the power to eliminate people at will which is why it's important that teams identify the killers and send them to the Museum of the Weird as quickly as possible.

Were waiting on @Poe Dameron to perform a mini-team swap after opening Walt's Vault. Poe must choose two people from Team Mystic to be swapped out with one person of his choosing from the other two teams. I cannot start the next brainstorming conversations until Poe has made his decisions but feel free to start initial brainstorming in the project one conversations.

This leads us to...

Project Two: Play It Again, Trader Sam

Casablanca

This project you'll be looking at the more adult side of Imagineering, that being night clubs and bars. Made popular by Pleasure Island and the Adventurers Club and currently seeing big success with Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel (TWO WEEKS @JokersWild!!!) Your task this project is to design a bar or night club around a S.E.A. character and their respective attraction. Your options are...

-Harrison Hightower/Tower of Terror
-Henry Mystic/Mystic Manor
-Barnabus T. Bullion/Big Thunder Mountain
-Indiana Jones

If Poe doesn't get back to me by tomorrow then I'll shuffle the teams myself, but for the meantime if you want to get started feel free to use the project one brainstorming conversations. Good luck teams, this project is due Friday, July 8th at Midnight EST

RMichael21

Beware. A trio of killers is in your midst and one person from each team is about to get killed off and sent to the Museum of the Weird where they will have a chance to get back in the game. From there the teams will have to come together knowing that there's someone working with them who could kill them off and send them to the Museum of the Weird at any moment!

Further info in this twist, plus my reviews of the first project, are happening live NOW! Find out who got killed off...

:eek::cyclops::cautious:

Could you provide a written write up of everything (including future podcasts), I'm on vacation and can't use my data. Sorry to be a bother.

RMichael21

A Killer Twist

@iamaninsomniac, @disneydf and @Flippin'Flounder have been sent to the Museum of the Weird where they will participate in the same prompts as the players in the main game. If at any point Museum of the Weird members fail to submit a prompt they will be eliminated. The Museum of the Weird is only for people killed off with the killer twist and is not accessible to those eliminated via the normal process. At key points in the game the people in the Museum will vote among themselves for who they would like to see get back into the main game and that person will be granted a ticket back.

Meanwhile that leaves the rest of you with three killers in your midst. These killers can strike at any time at their own discretion. The first vote for who the teams think their killers are will happen in between rounds 2 and 3. If 3/5 people from any team correctly identify the killer then the killer is out of the game and sent to the Museum of the Weird. I will be setting up Trophy Rooms for each team to discuss among themselves who they think the killer is. Meanwhile you'll be working on creating projects just as you were last project. Just with a healthy dose of paranoia for good measure ;) The killers are NOT out to sabotage the projects, they just have the power to eliminate people at will which is why it's important that teams identify the killers and send them to the Museum of the Weird as quickly as possible.

Were waiting on @Poe Dameron to perform a mini-team swap after opening Walt's Vault. Poe must choose two people from Team Mystic to be swapped out with one person of his choosing from the other two teams. I cannot start the next brainstorming conversations until Poe has made his decisions but feel free to start initial brainstorming in the project one conversations.

This leads us to...

Project Two: Play It Again, Trader Sam

Casablanca

This project you'll be looking at the more adult side of Imagineering, that being night clubs and bars. Made popular by Pleasure Island and the Adventurers Club and currently seeing big success with Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel (TWO WEEKS @JokersWild!!!) Your task this project is to design a bar or night club around a S.E.A. character and their respective attraction. Your options are...

-Harrison Hightower/Tower of Terror
-Henry Mystic/Mystic Manor
-Barnabus T. Bullion/Big Thunder Mountain
-Indiana Jones

If Poe doesn't get back to me by tomorrow then I'll shuffle the teams myself, but for the meantime if you want to get started feel free to use the project one brainstorming conversations. Good luck teams, this project is due Friday, July 8th at Midnight EST
Never mind then. :p

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

IAmNotAHufflepuff

the prequel ride:

View media item 1288

Queue:

Scene 1:

full

Scene 2:

full

Scene 3:

Scene 4:
[

full

full

Exit:

That artwork... :eek:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
The people in the Museum of the Weird work alone, right? Also, can we strategize with people still in the game (about the killer) or do we need to keep to ourselves?

I have set up a group brainstorming conversation for the Museum of the Weird people. You will complete your projects as a team and people will be eliminated from the Museum at the judges discretion based on inactivity. You can talk with the people in the museum about the killers but since you're all supposed to be dead I would prefer it if you didn't contact people in the main game for strategy.

This twist is definitely experimental and we have no idea if the concept of Alliances are going to come out of it or not, but if any alliances do get created PLEASE INCLUDE JOKERS AND I IN THE CONVERSATION!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I just thought of this. What happens if the killer is eliminated during regular competition? Will they be eliminated, or are they "safeguarded"? Can the killer still kill from the Museum of the Wierd? Sorry if these were answered somewhere else.

The killers can definitely be eliminated regularly and if that happens they will NOT be sent to the museum. Killers are only sent to the museum if they're correctly identified by their team.

spacemt354

Chili's
I have a question

The killers were picked before the team swap/Walt's vault thing.

Does that mean there is still one killer per team?

According to the Walt's vault thing, poe was supposed to choose 2 people to come to team mystic, and two people to leave. There were 6 people total swapped so something else happened. Since there was an additional team swap...was that so there is one killer per team?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom