So, why was it edited and my question about that action deleted?

216bruce

Original Poster
I really don't know where else to ask, so this seems the best fit. I recently posted what I thought was a silly comment about Tim Allen/Buzz narrating HOP. I added that he could ask the Space Rangers to fire upon Zurg. The first half of the post about Tim Allen stayed but someone edited out the whole second portion of the comment. I didn't mention any President, seated or out of office, any political party or leaning left or right...just a silly comment about a well known Disney voice narrating another attraction and adding the idea of meshing those attractions even more. No harm, politics etc, intended. I'm pretty middle of the road politically and was just making a joke.
I then asked 'why' in a post was it edited and I get a notice that it was off topic. Seriously? Please explain the process about what gets taken down or edited. I see lots of more offensive, personal and harmful stuff here all the time that gets left alone. Or is it that you just can't take criticism or are just so wrapped up in everything being 'political', that YOU can't get past it?
By the way, Zurg isn't real. He isn't in the HOP and is likely neither a Dem or Rep. Lighten up.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I really don't know where else to ask, so this seems the best fit. I recently posted what I thought was a silly comment about Tim Allen/Buzz narrating HOP. I added that he could ask the Space Rangers to fire upon Zurg. The first half of the post about Tim Allen stayed but someone edited out the whole second portion of the comment. I didn't mention any President, seated or out of office, any political party or leaning left or right...just a silly comment about a well known Disney voice narrating another attraction and adding the idea of meshing those attractions even more. No harm, politics etc, intended. I'm pretty middle of the road politically and was just making a joke.
I then asked 'why' in a post was it edited and I get a notice that it was off topic. Seriously? Please explain the process about what gets taken down or edited. I see lots of more offensive, personal and harmful stuff here all the time that gets left alone. Or is it that you just can't take criticism or are just so wrapped up in everything being 'political', that YOU can't get past it?
By the way, Zurg isn't real. He isn't in the HOP and is likely neither a Dem or Rep. Lighten up.
So if you find a post that is offensive or harmful, make sure you click the little "Report" link. Maybe someone was offended by something you wrote and reported it. The mods certainly don't have time to read every post.

Oh, and taking digs at the mods for editing something, is really maybe not the best course of action to take. Just sayin'.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Seriously? Please explain the process about what gets taken down or edited. I see lots of more offensive, personal and harmful stuff here all the time that gets left alone. Or is it that you just can't take criticism or are just so wrapped up in everything being 'political', that YOU can't get past it?

Yeah I dont see this going well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Before you get sarcastic and start taking things personally, understand that the forum has over 6 million posts, and is moderated. Sometimes things are mistakingly deleted, and sometimes people see an issue where others don't. I didn't see what happened in this particular case, but it doesn't seem worth getting so upset over.

216bruce

Original Poster
Before you get sarcastic and start taking things personally, understand that the forum has over 6 million posts, and is moderated. Sometimes things are mistakingly deleted, and sometimes people see an issue where others don't. I didn't see what happened in this particular case, but it doesn't seem worth getting so upset over.
I'm not being sarcastic, but here's the deal...if I didn't have an abiding love of Disney I wouldn't be here- also, like anyone should, you and I and everyone SHOULD get upset when something they write is censored for no reason at all, no explanation given. Shrugging your shoulders and saying 'oh well' when that censorship happens and ignoring that it did, is to me just wrong.
Nearly every post I make is aimed at light-hearted humor or a heartfelt attempt to give advice to someone or discuss in a friendly manner something about Disney. I don't get into 'snark' unless engaged with it and then I make my point and leave.
In sum, when a person is part of a community- real or on-line and they get censored it ticks them off or hurts them. In my case- the former. In this particular case, it's ironic that a joke post which was censored and a follow-up question about that censorship that was deleted occurred about an attraction that is supposed to celebrate Freedom and our country's history for the struggle of the same. I hope you take this with the spirit it was intended- one of constructive criticism. It's been a fun bunch of years. Bye.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
>One post got edited
>A mountain out of a molehill is made because said post was edited
>Then leaves the forum because they weren't given an indepth explanation of why said post was edited.

Just saying, you can't cry censorship if this was the first time it's happened to you. Censorship is when everything you're putting out there is edited or deleted entirely and you're unable to get your point across in general. Also a mod doesn't really have to tell you why something was edited, I'm pretty sure I've seen this from you before though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom