So, who do you think, overall, has been the best CEO of the WDC ???

Who do you think did the best job?

• 1968- 71 Roy. O. Disney

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 71 - 76 Donn Tatum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 76 - 83 E. Cardon Walker

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 83 - 84 Ron. W. Miller

• 84 - 2005 Michael Eisner

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • 2005 - 2021 Robert Iger

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • 2021 - present Bob Chapek

• Total voters

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I cant choose between the 3 I’m most familiar with, they‘ve all got pros and cons…

Roy gave us MK and ultimately WDW when it could have stopped after Walt died, he died shortly after though so not a lot more to judge. If you factor in all his time running the company alongside Walt (but not CEO) he gets my vote though.

Eisner saved the company from raiders and vastly expanded the parks, without him we may still only have a couple parks worldwide today. He gave us quantity over quality though, especially after Paris flopped he lost his nerve and gave us some really bad parks.

Iger took the quantity parks that Eisner gave us and added quality to all of them, his focus was primarily on expanding the company though, not on the parks. As a parks fan I love what he did, I just wish he’d have done a lot more of it.

Chapek sucks, he doesn’t have a single pro yet.
Don’t forget that Eisner lost his nerve not just because of Disneyland Paris but also because his partner-in-crime Frank Wells, who was president of Disney, died in a helicopter crash in April 1994, two months before The Lion King, Disney's biggest success of the 90s, came out.

SuddenStorm

Eisner was the best. I wish he'd come back. The Bobs are both equally despicable.

While far from perfect- I am a far bigger fan of park stuff that happened under Eisner than anything that got greenlit under Iger.

And much of what we didn't like under Chapek started under Iger for the parks. He was not brought back to save the parks division but to fix the film side.

It'd be awesome to see what Eisner would do under modern Disney, if only out of curiosity.

jeangreyforever

While far from perfect- I am a far bigger fan of park stuff that happened under Eisner than anything that got greenlit under Iger.

And much of what we didn't like under Chapek started under Iger for the parks. He was not brought back to save the parks division but to fix the film side.

It'd be awesome to see what Eisner would do under modern Disney, if only out of curiosity.
He definitely wasn't perfect but the parks were never at their worst under his management the way they are now. And I definitely preferred the movies Disney was putting out during his era. Even the direct-to-video sequels were never as detrimental to Disney's film library as the live-action remakes are now.

Most of what Chapek did was with Iger's blessing and stuff Iger himself would have done and will likely continue to keep in place if not double down on. The general public hails Iger as a hero because they associate him with the Marvel, Star Wars, and Fox buyouts but if they think the parks will improve with him around, they have another thing coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom