So what's the verdict on Raglan Road?

Feta

Original Poster
Well, I think it's been open about a month or so. What does everyone think of Raglan Road. Is the food, atmosphere, and entertainment all as good as the press releases claimed? I'm headed to Disney after Thanksgiving and would love to hear some feedback.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Haven't been yet - but the menu sure looks good -

Starters Solo

Smart Salmon - Sumptuous layers of smoked salmon, cream cheese and pancakes served with a watercress salad. $11.95

Crock o' Mussels - Fresh mussels served in a saffron and leek broth $10.99

Crab me Silly - Pan-fried potato crab cake served with a chive dressing $11.99

Drunk Chicken - a whiskey glazed chicken kebab $9.95

Goats Town - Herb-crusted grilled Irish goat's cheese salad served with fruit compote $12.00

Smokie City - Oven-baked layers of smoked cod with mature Wexford cheddar and double cream, served with crusty bread. $11.00

Crock o' Pate - served with an apricot chutney $8.95

Jammin' Salmon - smoked salmon mousse $12.00

Starters Sharing (for two people)

Pint of Prawns - served with prawn bisque chaser $11.99

Dalkey Duo - Dalkey-battered cocktail sausages with a Dalkey mustard dipping sauce $9.99

Salmon Forest - forks of smoked salmon and cream cheese served with bilinis $12.99

Scallop Forest - forks of scallops served with a lime dipping sauce $12.99

Heaven on Earth - baby back ribs in a Guinness and honey glace. $12.95

Soups

Colpucinno - frothy Colcannon soup, a creamy potato, bacon and cabbage soup $6.00

Down the Middle - a hearty Irish tomato and vegetable broth $5.50

Main Courses

Fada Burger - sirloin beef burger, char grilled. Add bacon and tomato chutney, then some Wexford vintage cheddar. Serve up with fresh fried potatoes (fries to you) $11.99

Celtic Chique - baby chicken finished with a light apple cider glaze. $15.95

It's Not Bleedin' Chowder - mussels, prawns, scallops and fresh seafood infused with white wine and finished with cream with fresh potato $18.00

Tricolor - warm BBQ chicken breast with honey cilantro dressed baby romaine lettuce $12.95

Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie - We give the traditional Shepherd's Pie a much-needed makeover with our contemporary twist to this favorite dish $14.95

Raglan Rack - rack of lamb on a delicate Irish stew consomme. $25.00

One & One - beer-battered fish and chips served with tartar sauce $15.95

Planxty - roast pork shank served on mashed potato with an apple chutney. $18.95

Salmon of Knowledge - fresh salmon fillet topped with smoked salmon, baked and served with a maple glaze. $19.95

Grilled Sirloin Steak - topped with Irish whiskey marinade, served on a bed of sweet potato wedges tossed in a basil oil $19.95

Prawn Idol - a rack of char-grilled prawns served on a bed of wilted spinach and served with a mead salsa. $15.95

Kevin's Kudos - Chef Kevin's signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of bacon with an Irish mist glaze served with braised cabbage and creamed potato $19.95

Pie in the Sky - chicken and wild mushroom pie served with a rocket lettuce salad $14.95

Hunt's Punt - butcher's open flamed rib-eye with an Irish whiskey marmalade. $28.99

Rising Road - cabbage and potatoe souffle $10.99

Sides $4.50

Colcannon
mustard mash
baby potatoes
homemade chips
braised cabbage
crispy onions
buttered asparagus
vegetable medley

ciscobee

The Mrs. and I visited Raglan Road late October. The food was good. We had the following:

Drunk Chicken
Colpucinno
Fada Burger
and the best thing of all which was a Baily's Irish Tiramisu which is prepared in a cup about 7" high and it is awesome.

Here are some shots from the interior:

RR1.jpg

RR2.jpg

RR3.jpg

RR4.jpg

RR5.jpg

RR7.jpg

RR8.jpg

RR9.jpg

J Sulley

I've been there 3 times now and everything has been near perfect with the exception of some miscues on the drink orders last night...must have been flown in from Ireland. Anyway, great food, wide array of spirts, very good live music/performers (last night some time of clogging/river dance)!

Dubman

We made the mistake of planning on going there for lunch on the day we were leaving(10/30) and when we got there, discovered they didn't open till 3:00pm.. :mad: Since our flight was at 5:30, it did not leave us enough time. We did eat at the take-out place next to it the night before, and would recommend the fish fry.. We also tried the chicken on a stick, but it wasn't very good, and very small portion.. Menu available at the following Link ... Will definately have dinner on our next trip in February..

shoppingnut

Thanks for the pics, they were great. I noticed that there is an Irish shop right next store, how so unlike disney to have a shop connected:lol: !!

cherrynegra

ciscobee said:
Here are some shots from the interior:

Thanks for the pics!! They were beautiful. And I consider myself a connoisseur of tiramisu. The Irish Baileys tiramisu sounds yummy!! Can't wait to try it out.

zone15int

shoppingnut said:
Thanks for the pics, they were great. I noticed that there is an Irish shop right next store, how so unlike disney to have a shop connected:lol: !!

I went into that accompanying gift shop last night and I was up to my ears in Guinness merchandise. So So happy!!

retroeric

I give the food a C+. I've had two different dinners there. The Planxty pork entree was terrific (although the mashed potatoes tasted like they may have been instant). But the other time I went, I had the Fada burger which may have been the worst burger I've ever had. No taste, except for the chutney.

Also, I may be alone here, but I really think they need to tone down the live music a bit. It was WAY too loud. I understand music is a big part of the idea, but if you go there you see it's clearly a restaurant first, a nice low-lit restaurant with big cozy tables. The loud music was very much a distraction. There was no place anywhere in the restaurant to eat if you wanted to have a quiet dinner. They could make it 1/2 as loud and it would still be effective.

Edeyore

ciscobee said:
Incidentally ... can you not post pics in threads in the General Discussion Area?

Shut up! Shut up!! SHUT UP!!!
Sorry, just lost control for a second.
The pics had to do with the discussion, at hand,
why not post them to further enhance the thread?

Dubman

wdwwedding2004 said:
why no pics? i found them delightful and helpful :)

I think he just meant that he couldn't post the picture directly in the discussion, but you can provide links, which is what he did... I haven't figured out how to either...

Edeyore

RickEff said:
I think they meant posting the pictures embedded into the message instead of providing links - I don't think it was a complaint.

I know. I think I was having a brain cramp again. He was actually
asking a question about his own posting and I was too, too, too
quick on the draw. I feel ashamed, I hang my head and beg forgiveness
from any and all I offended. :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

I've been four times now and love it! The food is excellent, the atmosphere is excellent and the staff (are they CMs as well) all make it to be my new favorite restaurant on property!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom